KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Game of Thrones

Game of Thrones
Started by: Bardock42

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (142): « First ... « 90 91 [92] 93 94 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Bran treated Hodor like shit. F*ck Bran.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2018 03:38 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_W_LeGenD

Do I get this impression or GoT is transitioning into a Feminist Medieval fantasy?

Euron Greyjoy* = Ruler of House Greyjoy (attempting to please Cersei)
Yara Greyjoy = candidate for ruling House Greyjoy
Theon Greyjoy = eunuch (thanks to Ramsay Bolton)

Sansa Stark = Lady of Winterfell
Arya Stark = Assassin?
Bran Stark = Three Eyed Raven

Cersei Lannister = Queen of the 7 kingdoms
Jaime Lannister* = ?
Tyrion Lannister* = Hand of Daenerys

Daenerys Targaryen = Contender for the throne
Jon Snow* = King in the North (bend the knee to Daenerys)

A large number of notable/powerful men have fallen throughout the seasons:-

Jon Arryn = Dead (Poisoned by his wife Lysa)
Viserys Targaryen = Dead (intolerant idiot; executed by Khal Drogo)
Robert Baratheon = Dead (killed by a Boar)
Eddard Stark = Dead (executed)
Khal Drogo = Dead (Smothered by his wife Daenerys)
Renly Baratheon = Dead (assassinated by Melisandre)
Alton Lannister = Dead (killed by Jaime Lannister)
Robb Stark = Dead (Red Wedding event)
Joffrey Baratheon = Dead (poisoned by his mother-in-law Olenna Tyrell)
Oberyn Martell = Dead (killed by the Mountain)
Tywin Lannister = Dead (killed by his son Tyrion Lannister)
Mance Rayder = Dead
Stannis baratheon = Dead (fooled and led to ruin by Melisandre; Brienne of Tarth)
Doran Martell = Dead (weak ruler; killed by Ellaria Sand)
Trystane Martell = Dead (killed by Obara Sand)
Roose Bolton = Dead (killed by his son Ramsay Bolton)
Balon Greyjoy = Dead (killed by his brother Euron Greyjoy)
Khal Moro = Dead (killed by Daenerys)
Brynden Tully = Dead
Rickon Stark = Dead (killed by Ramsay Bolton)
Ramsay Bolton = Dead (thanks to Sansa)
Lancel Lannister = Dead (killed by Cersei; Wildfire event)
High Sparrow = Dead (killed by Cersei; Wildfire event)
Loras Tyrell = Dead (killed by Cersei' Wildfire event)
Kevan Lannister = Dead (killed by Cersei; Wildfire event)
Mace Tyrell = Dead (killed by Cersei; Wildfire event)
Tommen Baratheon = Dead (weak ruler; suicide)
Walder Rivers = Dead (killed by Arya)
Lothar Frey = Dead (killed by Arya)
Walder Frey = Dead (executed by Arya)
Randyll Tarly = Dead (executed by Daenerys)
Dikon Tarly = Dead (executed by Daenerys)
Littlefinger = Dead (executed by Sansa)

Their are notable female deaths as well such as of Catelyn Stark (Red Wedding), Lysa Arryn (killed by Littlefinger), Ygritte (killed by Olly), Shae (killed by Tyrion Lannister), Karsi (killed by the zombies), Shrine Baratheon (sacrified by Melisandre), Myrcella Baratheon (poisoned by Ellaria Sand), Osha (killed by Ramsay Bolton), and Margaery Tyrell (killed by Cersei), but these make for good storytelling.

*These might perish in Season 8. Remainder are mere foot-soldiers or a bunch of subservient men with no ambitions.

My point is this:-

There is not a single male ruler [of note] who is not trying to please/appease a powerful woman, but is standing on his own merits. This is not good storytelling, and far from the realities of Medieval times even in fantasy. It seems like women are in absolute power everywhere, and dictating the course of events throughout Westeros which gives the impression of Feminist pandering to me. Women achieving great power is not an issue but Feminist pandering does not make for good storytelling.

There are leaks in regards to Season 8, and many indicate horrible storytelling.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2019 06:47 AM
S_W_LeGenD is currently offline Click here to Send S_W_LeGenD a Private Message Find more posts by S_W_LeGenD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Will agree with you about Arya Stark. She scrubbed floors for a week and became a Super Magical Assassin?

That is some stupid Mary Sue Shit right there.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2019 06:57 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lestov16
CTU Field Agent

Season 7 was so bad I'm considering not watching the final season. Tyrion is a dumbass and Jon is an incestuous cuck to his auntie. Littlefinger died like a bytch and all that's left are ice zombies that couldn't kill 5 guys that were surrounded by them, and Crazy Cersei. I think the ONLY character I want to see live at this point is Jaime.

"Tell him that you've got credible intelligence about a threat to his life"-
Jack Bauer

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2019 01:07 AM
Lestov16 is currently offline Click here to Send Lestov16 a Private Message Find more posts by Lestov16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
samhain
The Demon Hunter

I've considered not watching it either, but seeing as it's the final season and it's only 7 or 8 episodes or something like that, I think I'll see it out. Agree on Jaime but I think Bronn deserves a chance as well.

rolling on floor laughing smokin' messed

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2019 01:15 AM
samhain is currently offline Click here to Send samhain a Private Message Find more posts by samhain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Lestov16
Season 7 was so bad I'm considering not watching the final season. Tyrion is a dumbass and Jon is an incestuous cuck to his auntie. Littlefinger died like a bytch and all that's left are ice zombies that couldn't kill 5 guys that were surrounded by them, and Crazy Cersei. I think the ONLY character I want to see live at this point is Jaime.
The series has been terrible since season five.

Seven might have been the worst yet though, but at least Cersei has become so hilariously stupid and unstable she's fun. I shot milk out my nose when she blew up the phucking chapel, holy shit what a babe. laughing out loud

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2019 01:54 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

end of season 6 was pretty dope tho

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2019 02:42 AM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Lestov16

Yeah Jon has been ensnared by female Jesus. He's doing some stupid shit.

Still want Bran to die tho. I gotta watch just for the chance to witness it if it happens.

RIP Hodor

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2019 04:53 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Originally posted by NemeBro
The series has been terrible since season five.

Seven might have been the worst yet though, but at least Cersei has become so hilariously stupid and unstable she's fun. I shot milk out my nose when she blew up the phucking chapel, holy shit what a babe. laughing out loud
Yeah, I'm in the same boat. Fkn phenomenal. Still not rooting for her because of her role in Ned's death, but I'd take her winning over Jon or Dany. Fuk anyone who's not Jaime at this point though IMO

PWNT

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2019 05:22 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Phuck Westeros. I want the Night King to win.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2019 05:35 PM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

I want that dumb fuk Euron to die and not have a significant role in this coming season.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2019 06:18 PM
Inhuman is currently offline Click here to Send Inhuman a Private Message Find more posts by Inhuman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Not a fan of Euron's ship teleportation-jutsu?

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2019 06:26 PM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
Not a fan of Euron's ship teleportation-jutsu?

I haven't read the books but in the show he's just a super generic mustache-twirling bad guy. "Look how evil i am hehehehehe".
No real character development he just appeared out of nowhere and the writers are forcing him in your face to be the next Ramsey or Joffrey but shittier.

Actually don't mind the shows teleportation smile
Because we don't have like 3-4 episodes of people walking or ships sailing which is just filler to me.

Last edited by Inhuman on Feb 22nd, 2019 at 06:37 PM

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2019 06:34 PM
Inhuman is currently offline Click here to Send Inhuman a Private Message Find more posts by Inhuman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Eh, to me, he's come across more as a high-tier henchman than a main threat, unlike the other two. But yeah, he's essentially a plot-device character, used as a tool to drive elements of certain story threads further.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2019 07:04 PM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

I didn't realize there was so much GoT hate. Damn. I liked Season 7 if for nothing else because things started to come together more.

I've never liked Arya's many-face god tangent nonsense. But other than that I've rather liked the show. I consider myself more of a casual fan, but it's still fun to watch.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2019 08:30 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Patient_Leech
I didn't realize there was so much GoT hate. Damn. I liked Season 7 if for nothing else because things started to come together more.

I've never liked Arya's many-face god tangent nonsense. But other than that I've rather liked the show. I consider myself more of a casual fan, but it's still fun to watch.

The most amount of hatred you see usually comes from people like me who were huge fans of the show from the very start (usually also book readers) until it went to shit. Some say after season 4, some say after season 5. But after five, there's no denying there was a serious change of quality and that felt like a personal betrayal.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2019 08:38 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

I still like the show. Never read the books , so all the changes that make book nerds rage dont bother me. smile

But as Rob said quality has gone down. Mostly because the writers cant pull content from the source anymore and are basically winging it with foot notes JJR has given them to finish the story.

Last edited by Inhuman on Feb 22nd, 2019 at 09:01 PM

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2019 08:58 PM
NemeBro

Originally posted by Arachnid1
Yeah, I'm in the same boat. Fkn phenomenal. Still not rooting for her because of her role in Ned's death, but I'd take her winning over Jon or Dany. Fuk anyone who's not Jaime at this point though IMO
Jaime is terrible.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2019 09:36 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Originally posted by NemeBro
Jaime is terrible.
Terribly stunning?

PWNT

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2019 11:34 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

My eldest brother and his husband both agree with you, they find Jamie to be rather handsome with the hair and jawline.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2019 12:05 AM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote