KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Luke Cage (Netflix)

Luke Cage (Netflix)
Started by: TheVaultDweller

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): « First ... « 8 9 [10] 11 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Do you guys think if Disney does a netflix type of thing it will succeed?

Old Post Oct 20th, 2018 10:40 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

quote: (post)
Originally posted by BackFire
They better not **** with The Punisher, first season was the best of all the Netflix Marvel shows imo.

Not sure if I would go that far, but it was quite arguably so. thumb up

Old Post Oct 20th, 2018 11:55 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Originally posted by Surtur

I hope it doesn't but I expect it will. I certainly will not pay for it.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2018 02:52 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

yes

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Oct 21st, 2018 03:11 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Getting the Disney app day one. Love Disney.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2018 03:42 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by quanchi112
Love Disney.

We know laughing out loud

But good to see you finally admit Disney is your true love.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2018 05:12 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

At this point there is no "if", it's already been confirmed that Disney will start their streaming service(s) next year at some point. And with all the Marvel movies, their back catalogue of animated classics and other movies, plus Star Wars and various other exclusive shows that they've already announced for the platform, it's hard to imagine it not succeeding. It probably won't overtake Netflix or anything like that as far as pure numbers, not for a long time at least, but it will do just fine.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2018 06:13 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

If JJ S3 ends up being the last MCU Netflix season, that would be pretty sad. Honestly, S2 left such a bad taste in my mouth that, as things stand, I am not really onboard for a S3. They'd have to really wow me with the trailers to get me back into that.

But yeah, Punisher S2 and JJ S3 are the only projects confirmed to still be going between Marvel and Netflix, and only really because Punisher is in post-production and JJ S3 is already filming. And with no word on DD, and LC and IF being cancelled, things are not looking good.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2018 04:01 PM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Seems like every Marvel show will end up leaving netflix then. They should look into other superhero shows. Invincible would be cool.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2018 10:30 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Disney capitalism bullshit aside, I do hope Netflix still gets to thrive with some superhero shows long run, with or without Marvel.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2018 11:53 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

^ Yeah same.

Looking forward to “The Boys” on Amazon.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2018 05:23 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

I believe Netflix is already in the process of producing some non-Marvel super hero shows.

That said, I think all the talk about how Disney is responsible for IronFist and Luke Cage being taken off Netflix is a bit premature. I think it's more likely that Netflix just wasn't happy with the performance of either of the shows and decided to axe them. There are rumors that instead of each character having their own show, they will be merged together as a sorta team up show.

I believe Netflix has said already that they are legally allowed to continue producing these shows if they so wish because of whatever contract Disney entered into with them, so I wouldn't be too concerned about Disney being responsible for these cancellations, yet. If Daredevil gets canceled then that means yeah it probably does have something to do with Disney.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2018 06:47 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Dunno if I buy the performance angle. Even with the shitty reviews for S1, Iron Fist still had a considerable amount of viewership. Also, at the point where Luke and Danny are right now, mashing them together without any kind of story in between would make absolutely zero sense [SPOILER - highlight to read]: (considering Luke's new position of power in Harlem and Danny investigating the IF history in Asia), and result in an absolute mess of a show.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2018 07:26 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

That's surely something they could explain in the beginning of said show.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2018 07:45 AM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

I just don't see how they could do it. They would have to completely throw out multiple plot lines they developed throughout the second seasons of both shows in order for it to work.

Danny [SPOILER - highlight to read]: lost the IF, which went to Colleen. And last we saw him, he was in Japan with Ward, looking for Orson Randall, whose pistols he stole, and are somehow allowing him to use chi again.

Luke [SPOILER - highlight to read]: took over Harlem's Paradise, getting deeper involved with the underworld as the new "King" of Harlem, and Misty expressing concerns over a potential heel turn.

The characters are in completely different places (literally), with completely different agendas, as things stand. Unless they just completely handwave away the ending of IF s2, they'd end up with a show where the main two characters are on different continents, following completely different journeys.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2018 08:32 AM
Darth Thor

If Daredevil or Punisher get cancelled then we know its all Disney.

But I doubt the contracts would make that easy. Disney probably could not legally carry on the same shows with the same iterations of the characters without Netflix consent.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2018 09:50 AM
BackFire

Fair enough, I haven't actually watched the second season of either shows yet so I can't say, but I'll take your word for it.

Either way, I imagine if Netflix was going to do a spinoff they likely would have announced it along with the cancelation news.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2018 09:50 AM
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

I couldn't get through the first season so I'm not surprised.

The price of fame is high and the Thing cant pay the way.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2018 10:50 AM
juggernaut74 is currently offline Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HulkIsHulk

Iron Fist getting cancelled after a serious improvement in all areas was disappointing but understandable. This...This on the other hand is completely horsecrap

Thanks for the sig Scot-and for the help with my avatar
When someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles to frown but only 4 to reach out and bchslap them upside down on their head

Old Post Oct 24th, 2018 01:42 PM
HulkIsHulk is currently offline Click here to Send HulkIsHulk a Private Message Find more posts by HulkIsHulk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Yeah, especially since everything was locked down. They had the cast, had most of the script done etc. It was considered a done deal... Until it wasn't.

All I know is they better not phucking cancel Daredevil next.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2018 04:11 PM