KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Luke Cage (Netflix)

Luke Cage (Netflix)
Started by: TheVaultDweller

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

I enjoyed [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Danny's guest appearance in episode 10. His portrayal was way better than it has been in the past IMO. Still a bit goofy and carefree, but more mature and sensible as well. And I lol'd at the bit when he bought the one building as they were burning it down. And that "Pat-a-cake" move was awesome.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2018 11:31 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wakkawakkawakka

Okay the season has won me over even if the first few episodes had filler in them. Definitely makes up for Jessica Jones S2.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2018 05:20 PM
wakkawakkawakka is currently offline Click here to Send wakkawakkawakka a Private Message Find more posts by wakkawakkawakka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

3 episodes in, I REALLY hate Claire. What the hell happened to her.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jun 25th, 2018 01:49 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

quote: (post)
Originally posted by -Pr-

then you'll be happy with what happens with claire...

season 2 is much better than season one...

liked how they fleshed out mariah's character more..

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: misty's bionic arm freaking rocked

liked bushmaster a whole lot...

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jun 25th, 2018 02:37 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

I still need to watch the finale, but I have to give serious props to Alfre Woodard. Her performance as Mariah this season was damn brilliant. I mean everyone was good, but the way she [SPOILER - highlight to read]: portrayed Mariah's spiral to the dark side, as well has her growing insanity, was excellently done IMO.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2018 03:46 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
[SPOILER - highlight to read]: misty's bionic arm freaking rocked

They took their damn time with that though. So, many cringe-y jokes first. When [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Danny finally sent her the design and all, I was literally shouting "Just take it. Don't dawdle about the decision. Accept the damn arm." at the screen. The bit where she realises the arm has some level of super strength was kind of funny though. She looked really surprised when she dented that metal sink (I think it was), and then got this "Hell yeah" look on her face lol.

But I have to say, she really has grown on me as a character. I really didn't care much for her after season 1, but now I quite like her. She is one tough lady.

Also, the MCU is becoming the new Star Wars when it comes to missing arms. Winter Solider, Phil Coulson, Ulysses Klau, Yo-Yo Rodriguez, and Misty too. Hell even Kull Obsidian lost an arm in Infinity War lol, and Hulkbuster Mk. 2 later got an arm torn off. Killian also had an arm chopped off in IM3 IIRC.

Last edited by TheVaultDweller on Jun 25th, 2018 at 05:31 AM

Old Post Jun 25th, 2018 05:25 AM
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

I wonder who the next villain was
One thing I love about the Netflix series is that the Villains almost always return

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Jun 25th, 2018 06:12 AM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

And for the most part, the villains are solid. Yes, there have been a few stinkers, like Diamondback and most of the Fingers of the Hand (though I still like Madame Gao), but most, such as Mariah, Cottonmouth, Bushmaster, Shades (man, this guy is a psycho), Kilgrave, Nobu, Fisk and Jigsaw have been good.

I am almost tempted to add Trish to the villain list after JJ s2.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2018 06:20 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Just finished the season. I liked it for the most part.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Shades and Mariah were excellent. Occasionally sympathetic without ever being treated as heroes or made likeable. Bushmaster was great. Really interesting villain. Luke I liked for the most part, but I didn't feel like the whole "he has anger inside him" thing went anywhere really. In fact I thought Misty had a better character journey in that respect, even a few dick moves on her part showing that in a way, she's not as noble as Cage is. I still don't like the way Claire treated him, as lifelike as it might have been. In general the writing was solid though, and there were some really nice exchanges that didn't slow the show down too much.

Though, why has Iron First regressed fighting-wise? He looked so awkward in that warehouse fight even if there were a few nice moments of them showing some teamwork. I went back to check, and if you watch Defenders, particularly the scene where Danny is in the office fighting the Hand before Cage arrives in episode 3, he looks far more impressive imo. I like Finn Jones as the character, but maybe it's time to have him put on the mask, and when asked why it only covers half his face, he can just say it's an ode to Matt. Then have a stuntman that's been doing martial arts since he was five do the kung fu bits.

It was encouraging to see that Jones is already training for Iron Fist season 2 though, so hopefully either way we'll get some good stuff.

Colleen was fun, though I would have liked to see more of her.

Tilda was a good character, and while I did think she was going to poison her mom with the kiss, them adding a bit of a delay was clever imo.

In general, one of the better seasons of the Netflix MCU, imo.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Last edited by -Pr- on Jun 28th, 2018 at 11:20 PM

Old Post Jun 28th, 2018 11:18 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Just finished the season. I liked it for the most part.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Shades and Mariah were excellent. Occasionally sympathetic without ever being treated as heroes or made likeable. Bushmaster was great. Really interesting villain. Luke I liked for the most part, but I didn't feel like the whole "he has anger inside him" thing went anywhere really. In fact I thought Misty had a better character journey in that respect, even a few dick moves on her part showing that in a way, she's not as noble as Cage is. I still don't like the way Claire treated him, as lifelike as it might have been. In general the writing was solid though, and there were some really nice exchanges that didn't slow the show down too much.

Though, why has Iron First regressed fighting-wise? He looked so awkward in that warehouse fight even if there were a few nice moments of them showing some teamwork. I went back to check, and if you watch Defenders, particularly the scene where Danny is in the office fighting the Hand before Cage arrives in episode 3, he looks far more impressive imo. I like Finn Jones as the character, but maybe it's time to have him put on the mask, and when asked why it only covers half his face, he can just say it's an ode to Matt. Then have a stuntman that's been doing martial arts since he was five do the kung fu bits.

It was encouraging to see that Jones is already training for Iron Fist season 2 though, so hopefully either way we'll get some good stuff.

Colleen was fun, though I would have liked to see more of her.

Tilda was a good character, and while I did think she was going to poison her mom with the kiss, them adding a bit of a delay was clever imo.

In general, one of the better seasons of the Netflix MCU, imo.

I personally didn't think Danny looked bad in his cameo, but eh, that's a really minor thing when considering the show as a whole.

I definitely agree with the rest your assessment though. IMO, not only is it an improvement to the first season, it's a stronger offering than a lot of the other recent MCU Netflix shows. Honestly, the only other one of note in some time has been Punisher s1, as even The Defenders ran out of steam a bit towards the end IMO. And my views of JJ s2 are well documented lol.

Old Post Jun 29th, 2018 03:29 AM
WolvesofBabylon
Welcome to the machine

As others have said Alfre Woodard as Mariah was fantastic. I cannot think of a time when I literally hated/disliked a villain so much. She was great

Old Post Jun 30th, 2018 01:27 PM
WolvesofBabylon is currently offline Click here to Send WolvesofBabylon a Private Message Find more posts by WolvesofBabylon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Bingo. Me and my bro were both watching the early episodes together and we kept wondering why the dialogue with her is SO bad. It was like George Lucas wrote those scenes.

Claire has long overstayed her welcome. No worries, this woman trips over a damn super hero every time she leaves her house. She will be in love with another one soon.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2018 03:31 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
I personally didn't think Danny looked bad in his cameo, but eh, that's a really minor thing when considering the show as a whole.

I definitely agree with the rest your assessment though. IMO, not only is it an improvement to the first season, it's a stronger offering than a lot of the other recent MCU Netflix shows. Honestly, the only other one of note in some time has been Punisher s1, as even The Defenders ran out of steam a bit towards the end IMO. And my views of JJ s2 are well documented lol.

I liked Danny this time around. I liked seeing him and Cage interact. I was disappointed he didn't play a larger role. With money being a theme this season and Danny saying he didn't wanna live off the Rand money...I thought by the end they'd have set up Heroes for Hire, but nope.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2018 03:33 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Originally posted by Surtur
I liked Danny this time around. I liked seeing him and Cage interact. I was disappointed he didn't play a larger role. With money being a theme this season and Danny saying he didn't wanna live off the Rand money...I thought by the end they'd have set up Heroes for Hire, but nope.

I thought his character portrayal was much better than previous appearances. I did kind of lol when he said something along the lines of, "I don't even use that money anymore." And then [SPOILER - highlight to read]: quickly uses said money to buy a building just so that he and Cage can burn it down. I mean it was for a good cause, but still.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2018 05:05 PM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Originally posted by Surtur
Bingo. Me and my bro were both watching the early episodes together and we kept wondering why the dialogue with her is SO bad. It was like George Lucas wrote those scenes.

Claire has long overstayed her welcome. No worries, this woman trips over a damn super hero every time she leaves her house. She will be in love with another one soon.

Well, I've read rumors that LC s2 will be her last appearance. Let's hope that this is the case. Her role isn't really necessary anymore, now that all 4 Defenders are established and know each other. At this point, she just comes across as a preachy, annoying, backseat driver.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2018 05:13 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Iron Fist season 2, iirc, is the next season we're getting, so it'd be strange to see her not in it, though I read that Misty Knight will transfer over as a regular so maybe she's filling that gap in a way.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jun 30th, 2018 08:43 PM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Minus maybe the finale where it seemed the writing started to struggle, I have really no complaints about this season. The pacing and everything is what the first season should've been.

After the mess that was JJ S2, thank goodness we got something better like this.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2018 08:53 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Yeah, it was a real improvement.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jun 30th, 2018 08:54 PM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Iron Fist season 2, iirc, is the next season we're getting, so it'd be strange to see her not in it, though I read that Misty Knight will transfer over as a regular so maybe she's filling that gap in a way.

I think we're getting DD s3 before IF s2, as it just finished shooting in June.

I'd much prefer Misty crossing over to more Claire though. And it makes sense, considering that the Heroes for Hire stuff wasn't the only bit of teaming up we got. Could get some more Misty/Colleen stuff, which could be good, as they seem to have good onscreen chemistry together.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2018 05:53 AM
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

Claire also has to take a backseat so Luke+Jessica can happen properly.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2018 02:31 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote