KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » TFA vs Rogue One

Which is better?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Force Awakens 12 33.33%
Rogue One 24 66.67%
Total: 36 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

TFA vs Rogue One
Started by: Beniboybling

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

It had that helicopter shot to end the movie.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: ****ing shit. Which scummy ****er decided that would be a good idea?

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2017 03:00 PM
Click here to Send SunRazer a Private Message Find more posts by SunRazer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Would have been better if it ended with Rey in space flying to dagobahAhch-To, and then maybe given Luke a solo close up clip.

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2017 03:18 PM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sinious
Yo Da Best

(please log in to view the image)
How many times do I have to post this you ****ing retards?

"That is why you fail."

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2017 05:17 PM
Click here to Send Sinious a Private Message Find more posts by Sinious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

As many times as you need Sinny, you'll get through this.

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2017 05:25 PM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

TFA needs more outdated CGI, political dialogue, a horrible child actor, every actor sounding dry and emotionless, and Gungans if it wants to compete with the masterpieces that are TPM and AOTC.

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2017 05:28 PM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by cs_zoltan
Nah, TPM at least had the Duel of Fates. TFA had nothing.

This.

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2017 07:53 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by carthage
TFA needs more outdated CGI,

What a dumb criticism saying an 18 year old movie has outdated effects.

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2017 07:56 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Its a dumb criticism when it hinders enjoyment of the film because it looks like shit?

You're a dumbass, lol

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2017 08:37 PM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Its a dumb criticism when it hinders enjoyment of the film because it looks like shit?

You're a dumbass, lol

It's an 18 year old movie you dummy, and you're complaining it looks outdated.

Hey guess what? ANH has outdated practical effects. Clearly that means ANH is shit laughing out loud

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2017 10:09 PM
Beniboybling
Worst Member

ANH aged better than TPM. Because it used practical effects. smile

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2017 10:20 PM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nfactor1995
The N-Factor

Rogue One is better IMO. I liked TFA as a standalone, but I don't particularly like the direction it is taking Star Wars.

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2017 10:39 PM
Click here to Send nfactor1995 a Private Message Find more posts by nfactor1995 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

TFA needs more outdated CGI, political dialogue, a horrible child actor, every actor sounding dry and emotionless, and Gungans if it wants to compete with the masterpieces that are TPM and AOTC.

Indeed it lacks those, but makes up for it with a recycled script from ANH, a clearly PC cast, sacrifice of OT characters in clear favour of said PC cast, a shallow Palpatine-esque villain, a shallow Death Star ripoff, a comparatively lackluster score, the destruction of the New Republic government being glossed over in a couple of seconds, Rey being far more of a Mary Sue than Anakin or Luke ever were, and a helicopter shot to end the movie. And the setting was very poorly established, IMO, moreso than TPM.

Last edited by SunRazer on Apr 24th, 2017 at 12:33 AM

Old Post Apr 24th, 2017 12:27 AM
Click here to Send SunRazer a Private Message Find more posts by SunRazer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

Lmfao @ people losing enjoyment because the leads are a women and a black guy. It's called representation, and the fact that it bothers you is beyond me. I barely noticed.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2017 12:33 AM
Click here to Send |King Joker| a Private Message Find more posts by |King Joker| Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

For what it's worth, they didn't completely abandon practical effects in TPM like they did in AotC and RotS. There are some scenes that look real in TPM. TPM had plenty of shitty, goofy moments and the Gungans were a ****-up, but at least it attempted to be original. That's a huge, huge step-up from the HD, 3D re-release of ANH.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2017 12:35 AM
Geistalt
SilenceThatSpeaksVolumes

Originally posted by |King Joker|
Lmfao @ people losing enjoyment because the leads are a women and a black guy.

If they make Finn queer, they're pushing an agenda tho

Fvck Islam. 4srs.
Fvck Oded Yinon, too.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2017 12:35 AM
Click here to Send Geistalt a Private Message Find more posts by Geistalt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

Lmfao @ people losing enjoyment because the leads are a women and a black guy. It's called representation, and the fact that it bothers you is beyond me. I barely noticed.

I don't have problems with representation, and I support most of the left-leaning movements these days. I don't mind that the lead's a famel or black, just that they could've been less conspicuous about their leanings towards the PC movement. And maybe on it's own it wouldn't be noticeable, but it was definitely noticeable once they began to sacrifice the OT characters in favour of them. Leia going straight to hug Rey and ignoring Chewie after Han's death is what I'm talking about.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2017 12:37 AM
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

Originally posted by Geistalt
If they make Finn queer, they're pushing an agenda tho
They won't, hence the introduction of the Asian chick. They're trying to extinguish the FinnPoe shipping.

Anyways, I think someone confirmed that there will be a gay character in TLJ, really looking forward to the bitching if that turns out to be true. smile

Old Post Apr 24th, 2017 12:39 AM
Click here to Send |King Joker| a Private Message Find more posts by |King Joker| Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

They won't, hence the introduction of the Asian chick. They're trying to extinguish the FinnPoe shipping.

Anyways, I think someone confirmed that there will be a gay character in TLJ, really looking forward to the bitching if that turns out to be true. smile

Nah, on it's own it might be a pile-on of PCness but it won't detract from the film itself. Maybe if they make Leia go straight to hugging him and ignore Luke then it'll be a problem. thumb up

Old Post Apr 24th, 2017 12:42 AM
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

Originally posted by SunRazer
I don't have problems with representation, and I support most of the left-leaning movements these days. I don't mind that the lead's a famel or black, just that they could've been less conspicuous about their leanings towards the PC movement. And maybe on it's own it wouldn't be noticeable, but it was definitely noticeable once they began to sacrifice the OT characters in favour of them. Leia going straight to hug Rey and ignoring Chewie after Han's death is what I'm talking about.
Less conspicuous how? And they announced even before castings I believe that the sequel trilogy was going to focus more on the new characters and not the OT characters, since the ST is supposed to be "passing the torch". I'm 99% sure it had nothing to do with a liberal PC agenda. Also, IIRC, Leia hugging Rey was a mistake and Leia was actually supposed to hug Chewie, but I might be wrong on that.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2017 12:43 AM
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

As I said, Leia hugging Rey and ignoring Chewie is my main gripe. Just having newer characters and focusing on them is natural.

And maybe having a genuinely diverse cast instead of just a PC-favoured cast would help. They did have Poe, I guess. As I said, not too big of a gripe, but the Leia scene definitely stood out and costs the film some points. Sure it was a mistake, but that doesn't excuse it. That's simply going to be an unfavourable part of the comparison against TPM.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2017 12:46 AM