KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Supergirl vs. MCU Thor

Supergirl vs. MCU Thor
Started by: carthage

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (39): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Arachnid1
If she has the reflexes to zip through tight corridors at Flash speed she can dodge the hammer no problem. If her reflexes are as a bad as you say, she'd slam into every wall along the way. Sure she has a instances of insane CIS but saying she can't dodge the hammer is just abusing the argument. Flash has been punched by people too. Would he be unable to dodge a hammer throw?

Anyones claims of Thor winning hinges highly on whether or not this fight is PIS/CIS off, because there is no way in hell he could win otherwise. That should tell you everything about the arguments ITT. It's a flat out stomp.

Let me put it to you this way: If you're a racecar driver driving at 100 mph and you see a curve coming up, you can easily steer through the curve. Why? because you're the one in control of your movement. You know which direction you're moving in, you have control to fine tune your acceleration, speed and movements to make sure you make the turn. You are allowed to prepare for the movement.

In comparison, if you're standing in the middle of the track and a car comes around the corner and comes at you at 100 mph, you're going to have a very hard time dodging. You have no control over its speed and direction. And since you didn't instigate the movement, you are unable to properly gauge just how fast it is going in relation to you. And since you're not controlling the movement, you are also unable to properly prepare for the event.

Supergirl flying around and not hitting her head is way way different from dodging out of the way of a fast moving flying object.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2017 08:44 PM
FrothByte is online now! Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

Originally posted by Arachnid1
Yes, a show that gives her ridiculous feats like lifting a million tons and being fast enough to fight the Flash at an even speed while still letting random mooks punch her to create drama. PIS/CIS at its finest.

These CW super hero shows need to get it together with the showings. It wreaks havok in these forums

Too bad this isn't a weightlifting contest. As this is a fight, we're going to base it off of Supergirl's fight feats... or are you saying we should completely disregard all of her fighting feats?

Old Post Mar 27th, 2017 08:46 PM
FrothByte is online now! Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Originally posted by FrothByte
Too bad this isn't a weightlifting contest. As this is a fight, we're going to base it off of Supergirl's fight feats... or are you saying we should completely disregard all of her fighting feats?
No, it just means that the mooks who give Supergirl trouble would easily manhandle Thor. It's simple my son.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2017 09:38 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

Originally posted by NemeBro
No, it just means that the mooks who give Supergirl trouble would easily manhandle Thor. It's simple my son.

Bet you don't have any proof to back that up with.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2017 09:46 PM
NemeBro

Bet you don't have any proof to back that up with.
Sure I do. Supergirl has feats far outside of Thor's capabilities to match, and these characters have caused her far more trouble than Thor would. Ergo, they'd casually shitstomp Thor.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2017 09:50 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

So people are just ignoring that SG has casually lifted and handled the weight of two billion pounds with a single hand?

2,000,000,000 X (please log in to view the image)

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Mar 27th, 2017 09:55 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Originally posted by Robtard
So people are just ignoring that SG has casually lifted and handled the weight of two billion pounds with a single hand?
It's really sad and pathetic downplaying tbh.

They just find it hard to believe that their big blonde beefcake Norse husbando would get his ass casually beat by not only Supergirl, but by her random monsters of the week. thumb up

Old Post Mar 27th, 2017 09:56 PM
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

Originally posted by NemeBro
Sure I do. Supergirl has feats far outside of Thor's capabilities to match, and these characters have caused her far more trouble than Thor would. Ergo, they'd casually shitstomp Thor.

So let me get this straight. I point out that Supergirl has lifting feats greater than Thor but not fighting feats. You postulate that the foes she fought could beat Thor in a fight. I ask you to prove it and your proof is... that Supergirl has good lifting feats? Because she certainly doesn't have fighting feats better than Thor's.

You can't use the argument in question as the proof for that same argument.

Here's my counter proof: You can visually see how much faster, more fluid, more skilled and more powerful Thor moves in a fight as compared to majority of the mooks that give Supergirl trouble.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2017 09:58 PM
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

2,000,000,000 X (please log in to view the image)

No, but we also can't ignore the fact that Supergirl keeps having trouble defeating villains that Thor would steamroll through.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2017 09:59 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Jobbing for the sake of the storyline doesn't transfer over into Vs matches where the players (unless otherwise stated) are both at their best shown performances.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2017 10:03 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

Jobbing for the sake of the storyline doesn't transfer over into Vs matches where the players (unless otherwise stated) are both at their best shown performances.

It's not jobbing if you do it almost every single episode. Then it's pretty much the norm.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2017 10:04 PM
Silent Master

Comic Flash has multiple FTL feats, Deathstroke has multiple feats of landing hits/attacks on Flash, ergo Deathstroke is FTL.

Is this really the argument people want to use?

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2017 10:04 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

No, but we also can't ignore the fact that Supergirl keeps having trouble defeating villains that Thor would steamroll through.
thumb up

DC fans focus on lifting feats not fighting feats.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2017 10:08 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Silent Master
Comic Flash has multiple FTL feats, Deathstroke has multiple feats of landing hits/attacks on Flash, ergo Deathstroke is FTL.

Is this really the argument people want to use?

Flash while capable of FTL, doesn't always function at those speeds in the comics.

In a Vs match though where both are at their best, you can be sure that the Flash would FTL punch Deathstroke into mist. This isn't hard, man.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2017 10:08 PM
wakkawakkawakka

Supergirl has more than enough power, speed, and versatility to take on all the Avengers let alone Thor: I don't think anyone would argue against this point.

The problem stems from Supergirl being just as inept as she is power. Granted something may have happened over the course of her show this season to prove otherwise, and if so I'd eat crow, but I still hold to the opinion that Thor would win.

Then there's this:

Old Post Mar 27th, 2017 10:11 PM
wakkawakkawakka is currently offline Click here to Send wakkawakkawakka a Private Message Find more posts by wakkawakkawakka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by quanchi112
thumb up

DC fans focus on lifting feats not fighting feats.

If someone is strong and durable enough to lift, hold and manipulate two billion pounds with a single hand, they don't have to be the best fighters to win against someone who is ridiculously below them.

eg MCU Hawkeye is a more skilled fighter than MCU Hulk. But he's not taking out Hulk 1v1 thumb up

Silent Master

We argue in character, so no. the Flash wouldn't FTL punch Deathstroke into mist. not unless CIS was removed or bloodlust was added.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Silent Master
We argue in character, so no. the Flash wouldn't FTL punch Deathstroke into mist. not unless CIS was removed or bloodlust was added.

This is true, in character, TV Barry would just run back in time and f*ck things up for everyone else.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2017 10:12 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

So let me get this straight. I point out that Supergirl has lifting feats greater than Thor but not fighting feats.

Do you have proof that God takes away Supergirl's physical strength in fights?

quote:
You postulate that the foes she fought could beat Thor in a fight. I ask you to prove it and your proof is... that Supergirl has good lifting feats?

It's simple powerscaling lad, try to keep up.

quote:
Because she certainly doesn't have fighting feats better than Thor's.

Fighting feats like what? Looking REALLY REALLY cool when he fights? Lmao.

quote:
You can't use the argument in question as the proof for that same argument.

Ah so you're accusing me of using circular reasoning. You have a very poor understanding of the term then.

Circular reasoning is when one's premise and argument are the same thing.

My premise is that Supergirl's random mooks will make Thor's anus prolapse. My argument is that Supergirl's feats are far superior to anything Thor has shown, meaning that she would casually manhandle Thor. Her foes are able to challenge Supergirl, therefore they could best him handily as well.

quote:
Here's my counter proof: You can visually see how much faster,

So we ignore all the speed feats Supergirl has because Thor "looks" faster?

Also, in what fight scene by the way? Because all of Thor's fight scenes portray him as a brawler who doesn't visually use much in the way of super speed in fights. When he fights Loki he isn't moving so fast he can't be seen. Likely because a fight we can't see is boring.

quote:
more fluid,

This is a buzzword only a phaggot would use my son.

quote:
more skilled

Skill only matters if the opponents are roughly physical peers. Supergirl is many times Thor's physical superior. His skill means nothing here.

quote:
and more powerful Thor moves in a fight

What does this even mean my son?

quote:
as compared to majority of the mooks that give Supergirl trouble.

Let me tell you what you are doing. You are essentially saying that Thor wins because he benefits from a much better budget.

By your logic, Thor should beat Reeves Superman in a fight despite Superman's feats being many orders of magnitude better, simply due to how dated the special effects are.

Tell me if you believe Thor would beat Reeves Superman, so I can dismiss your opinions are being excremental gayness.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2017 10:17 PM
quanchi112
Disney

If someone is strong and durable enough to lift, hold and manipulate two billion pounds with a single hand, they don't have to be the best fighters to win against someone who is ridiculously below them.

eg MCU Hawkeye is a more skilled fighter than MCU Hulk. But he's not taking out Hulk 1v1 thumb up
Because they have been portrayed in the same films as completely different. We know Thor has taken on the Hulk who casually stopped a leviathan. It's a feat we don't over exaggerate and forget how these guys stack up against guys without these feats and pretend there's a vast difference rbetween the two. Fights and portrayals matter more than feats.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2017 10:17 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote