KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Wonder Woman vs. Superman

Wonder Woman vs. Superman
Started by: FrothByte

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (35): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Silent Master

Cool story, bro.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2017 07:35 AM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

quote: (post)
Originally posted by NemeBro
If she's only around Thor or Hulk level Superman would effortlessly win. thumb up
This. Supes would stomp both Thor and Hulk at the same time. It's unlikely WW is only around their level considering all the people ITT giving her the win.

I haven't seen the movie yet either, though I plan to soon. I'll chime in at that point.

PWNT

Old Post Jun 6th, 2017 10:52 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Having now seen the movie, lol @ WW beating Supes. Supes would wreck both her and Ares at the same time. People are overselling the chit out of her.

PWNT

Old Post Jun 7th, 2017 03:39 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

Originally posted by Arachnid1
Having now seen the movie, lol @ WW beating Supes. Supes would wreck both her and Ares at the same time. People are overselling the chit out of her.

She has better combat speed feats than Superman and far better fighting skill, plus the limits of her strength are not known yet. We do know she can jump as far/high as Faora does. So strength should be similar.

So I don't see how you think Superman will wreck her. Regardless of who wins, this will still be a fight.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2017 03:46 AM
FrothByte is currently offline Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wakkawakkawakka

Wonder Woman having better fighting skill, sure however better combat speed is debatable especially when taking Superman's flight into consideration.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2017 04:28 AM
wakkawakkawakka is currently offline Click here to Send wakkawakkawakka a Private Message Find more posts by wakkawakkawakka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

Originally posted by wakkawakkawakka
Wonder Woman having better fighting skill, sure however better combat speed is debatable especially when taking Superman's flight into consideration.

Flying speed or even movement speed obviously goes to Superman. When I say combat speed, Diana has feats of blocking multiple bullets using her arms. Superman has no feats that compare to that. Superman dashes to and fro but doesn't perform complex maneuvers at super speed. That's what I mean by combat speed.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2017 05:02 AM
FrothByte is currently offline Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darkstorm Zero
Master of all Decepticons

Hm, Is supes jelly because of this?

(please log in to view the image)

"I have become Death, the destroyer of worlds..."

Old Post Jun 7th, 2017 09:51 AM
Darkstorm Zero is currently offline Click here to Send Darkstorm Zero a Private Message Find more posts by Darkstorm Zero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía
"The devil made me do it"

Originally posted by Arachnid1
I know, right?

Originally posted by FrothByte
She has better combat speed feats than Superman and far better fighting skill, plus the limits of her strength are not known yet. We do know she can jump as far/high as Faora does. So strength should be similar.

So I don't see how you think Superman will wreck her. Regardless of who wins, this will still be a fight.
She is, by similar scenes, slower than Faora. At that point, Faora had just started gaining powers. Superman beat both her and Nam-ek at the same time. Then went on to beat Zod, a soldier who trained all his life and who was even more powerful than Faora, by snapping his neck, while being completely undamaged at the end, even though he took attacks that Diana has never shown herself capable of replicating.

Wonder Woman doesn't have the strength feats to show she can even damage Superman, never mind beat him in hand to hand. Her only shot is the sword, and that's in round two.

“Perhaps this is the ultimate freedom. The freedom to leave.”

Last edited by Philosophía on Jun 7th, 2017 at 10:06 AM

Old Post Jun 7th, 2017 10:03 AM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sable
Restricted

Account Restricted

Flying speed or even movement speed obviously goes to Superman. When I say combat speed, Diana has feats of blocking multiple bullets using her arms. Superman has no feats that compare to that. Superman dashes to and fro but doesn't perform complex maneuvers at super speed. That's what I mean by combat speed.

Not so, he caught a bullet at the same proximity. He was never put in a situation in where he needed to block multiple bullets from hitting someone.

Secondly, he doesn't need to block bullets like she does as he is bulletproof. Ares showed no such combat speed in which you are referring to but he had no problem landing hits on her.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2017 03:31 AM
Sable is currently offline Click here to Send Sable a Private Message Find more posts by Sable Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

Originally posted by Sable
Not so, he caught a bullet at the same proximity. He was never put in a situation in where he needed to block multiple bullets from hitting someone.

Secondly, he doesn't need to block bullets like she does as he is bulletproof. Ares showed no such combat speed in which you are referring to but he had no problem landing hits on her.

Correct. He never needed to, thus he never had the feats. When did he catch a bullet at same proximity? Also, Zod was hitting Superman even though none of them were moving at said combat speed.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2017 03:36 AM
Sable
Restricted

Account Restricted

That is incorrect, he does have the feat of catching a bullet. When did I speak of Zod hitting Superman? But since you bring it up, are you the judge of what combat speed is and what is not? If you are, who made you the judge of such feats and why is bullet blocking/ catching a combat speed feat but actual combat is not?

edit:

For example, according to you, two kryptonians fighting not combat speed, but blocking bullets is? If that is your metric, then you are confused what combat speed actually is.

Last edited by Sable on Jun 8th, 2017 at 03:48 AM

Old Post Jun 8th, 2017 03:41 AM
Sable is currently offline Click here to Send Sable a Private Message Find more posts by Sable Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheGrat1

Does getting up from a sitting position, running forward 12 feet, and attempting a left haymaker count as a complex maneuver?

Because he did all of that in under a second.

Edit.
Also: (please log in to view the image)

Last edited by TheGrat1 on Jun 8th, 2017 at 04:16 AM

Old Post Jun 8th, 2017 04:12 AM
TheGrat1 is currently offline Click here to Send TheGrat1 a Private Message Find more posts by TheGrat1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sable
Restricted

Account Restricted

Thank you, that does it.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2017 04:23 AM
Silent Master

That doesn't look like a bullet.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2017 04:26 AM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sable
Restricted

Account Restricted

Good point, Looks like a rocket propelled grenade from Batman, even better then blocking a 1940's gun. Catching does require more acute fitness as well then a simple block.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2017 04:30 AM
Silent Master

IIRC those would actually be slower than even a 1930's era bullet, plus it's much bigger which would make catching it easier.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2017 04:39 AM
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

Originally posted by TheGrat1
Does getting up from a sitting position, running forward 12 feet, and attempting a left haymaker count as a complex maneuver?

Because he did all of that in under a second.

Edit.
Also: (please log in to view the image)

Nope, that's still just one big movement. Basically all he did was charge forward and punch. He didn't string together combinations or make different changes in direction, etc.

And yeah, that's not a bullet, which is why I don't recall him catching a bullet. Not saying it's an invalid feat, but surely you don't expect that to compare to WW blocking MULTIPLE bullets coming from different directions?

Old Post Jun 8th, 2017 05:40 AM
TheGrat1

@ Froth ^What? It wasn't one big movement. It's not like he jumped at her. He took several steps to close the distance between himself and Faora.

Yes, that is a grenade not a bullet. Closest real world weapon clocks the muzzle velocity in at around 170 mph. It is the most similar feat I could find though, and the more important aspect is the ease with which the feat is performed.

Do these these satisfy your "complex maneuver" criteria?:

Blitzes the warlord from 25 feet away and does it in a manner that Lois is unaffected. Has to disengage the warlord's arm from her neck and does it all before the guy can squeeze a trigger.

Accelerating, sharp turns, and stopping on a dime.

I really wonder why people doubt Kal's speed on this forum, it's so obvious.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2017 10:05 AM
TheGrat1 is currently offline Click here to Send TheGrat1 a Private Message Find more posts by TheGrat1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía
"The devil made me do it"

Originally posted by TheGrat1
@ Froth ^What? It wasn't one big movement. It's not like he jumped at her. He took several steps to close the distance between himself and Faora.

Yes, that is a grenade not a bullet. Closest real world weapon clocks the muzzle velocity in at around 170 mph. It is the most similar feat I could find though, and the more important aspect is the ease with which the feat is performed.

Do these these satisfy your "complex maneuver" criteria?:

Blitzes the warlord from 25 feet away and does it in a manner that Lois is unaffected. Has to disengage the warlord's arm from her neck and does it all before the guy can squeeze a trigger.

Accelerating, sharp turns, and stopping on a dime.

I really wonder why people doubt Kal's speed on this forum, it's so obvious.

To add to that, from the official Batman v Superman companion movie tie-in:

“Perhaps this is the ultimate freedom. The freedom to leave.”

Old Post Jun 8th, 2017 11:50 AM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
emporerpants

From everything shown? Superman with utter ease. WW's only chance is the sword, and even then Supes wins the majority. Get back to me when WW tows an ocean liner across ice by walking and holding the anchor or shifts tectonic plates.

I knew this kind of WW wank would occur though. Her movie is by far the best that DC has done in their current movie universe, and a ton of people conflate a likeable protagonist in a good movie as being the toughest. The whole "the character who entertained me more wins in a fight!" objectivity be damned. I wonder what the excuse will be when the big bad in justice league wrecks the team and Superman shows up to save the day at the end and fights evenly with the big bad.

Last edited by emporerpants on Jun 8th, 2017 at 01:22 PM

Old Post Jun 8th, 2017 01:14 PM
emporerpants is currently offline Click here to Send emporerpants a Private Message Find more posts by emporerpants Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote