KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Triggered: Stories to make you mad.

Triggered: Stories to make you mad.
Started by: Surtur

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (919): « First ... « 882 883 [884] 885 886 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

You have to love how he says he is gonna start off by listing "facts" then misleads about the effectiveness of the australian gun ban. Their gun crime rates were very small before the ban and were already steadily shrinking.

So Blake: explain why I should keep watching when he lies in the first 60 seconds. Explain why I should feel his take on firearms will somehow improve after that? Should I be thinking "he got all his lies out of the way, now he's gonna get to the truth"?

Or did you not even bother to watch even 60 seconds of these videos?

Old Post Nov 27th, 2020 10:13 AM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Jordan Peterson's daughter is calling for the crying staffers to get fired.

I agree actually. Either they just aren't cut out to work in the publishing business because they are too fragile or they need to be fired because they tried to emotionally manipulate their bosses into not publishing a book they dislike by crying.

Old Post Nov 27th, 2020 10:32 AM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Surtur
You have to love how he says he is gonna start off by listing "facts" then misleads about the effectiveness of the australian gun ban. Their gun crime rates were very small before the ban and were already steadily shrinking.

So Blake: explain why I should keep watching when he lies in the first 60 seconds. Explain why I should feel his take on firearms will somehow improve after that? Should I be thinking "he got all his lies out of the way, now he's gonna get to the truth"?

Or did you not even bother to watch even 60 seconds of these videos?
He's a comedian; he was making jokes. The point was, the arguments for not having gun control are bullshit and suck dicks.

Last Edited by Blakemore on Jan 1st, 2000, at 00:00 AM

Old Post Nov 27th, 2020 10:35 AM
Blakemore is currently offline Click here to Send Blakemore a Private Message Find more posts by Blakemore Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I understand, so the "jokes" were his facts weren't really facts?

Gotcha.

Old Post Nov 27th, 2020 10:38 AM
Silent Master

@blake

You don't even know what the arguments are.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Nov 27th, 2020 10:38 AM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

I understand, so the "jokes" were his facts weren't really facts?

Gotcha.
He even stated that in an interview.

Old Post Nov 27th, 2020 10:40 AM
Blakemore is currently offline Click here to Send Blakemore a Private Message Find more posts by Blakemore Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Silent Master
@blake

You don't even know what the arguments are.
How many enemies do you have that you need guns in your house?

Old Post Nov 27th, 2020 10:40 AM
Silent Master

Originally posted by Blakemore
How many enemies do you have that you need guns in your house?

So I was right , you don't know the arguments.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Nov 27th, 2020 10:42 AM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

I meant this vid.

Old Post Nov 27th, 2020 10:43 AM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

He even stated that in an interview.

He does not state in the interview he lies about gun facts as a form of comedy. Maybe tell me the exact minute and second he says this.

Old Post Nov 27th, 2020 10:44 AM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I meant this vid.

Just tell me where in this video he specifically says he lies about guns as a form of comedy.

You think he ever fits in gun facts as a form of comedy too? Like "guns are used defensively more times a year than they are to murder".

But then again that isn't funny.

Old Post Nov 27th, 2020 10:46 AM
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

I can't find the vid, sorry. In the one I'm thinking of, he states he was doing a routine and it showed up on CNN or some other news station where they called his routine "news" like he was just making fun of the situation, he's not a reporter.

Old Post Nov 27th, 2020 10:50 AM
Silent Master

So, if he admits to lying about guns. why would you link to one of his vids as if it helped your argument?

Old Post Nov 27th, 2020 11:09 AM
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Silent Master
So, if he admits to lying about guns. why would you link to one of his vids as if it helped your argument?
He was making good points.

Old Post Nov 27th, 2020 11:32 AM
Silent Master

He was making good points.

If he was lying, how are his points "good"?

Old Post Nov 27th, 2020 11:38 AM
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

joking, not lying.

Old Post Nov 27th, 2020 11:46 AM
Silent Master

joking, not lying.

Yet, his jokes weren't true. so if he wasn't lying. that leaves him being wrong.

Old Post Nov 27th, 2020 11:49 AM
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

Like I said, they were just jokes about an assault rifle isn't protection. It's to assault terrorists from a long distance. Military combat is not home protection.

Old Post Nov 27th, 2020 12:21 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I can't find the vid, sorry. In the one I'm thinking of, he states he was doing a routine and it showed up on CNN or some other news station where they called his routine "news" like he was just making fun of the situation, he's not a reporter.

This is bizarre because nobody thinks he is a reporter. Has he ever said he doesn't believe in what he says about guns? I've seen this guy on Bill Maher too. He's not a reporter, but he is political.

The flippant comment about how we shouldn't let terrorists buy guns is one thing, but in another clip he goes into detail about the crime rate over the last 10 years, etc.

Old Post Nov 27th, 2020 03:09 PM
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

This is bizarre because nobody thinks he is a reporter. Has he ever said he doesn't believe in what he says about guns? I've seen this guy on Bill Maher too. He's not a reporter, but he is political.

The flippant comment about how we shouldn't let terrorists buy guns is one thing, but in another clip he goes into detail about the crime rate over the last 10 years, etc.
ye it was just stand up about in aus they were just ok, fair enough, no more guns. America of the unites states saw children kill each other and your people thought "take away the big guns"? and you said, "**** you they're my guns.... for protection.... yes because you have so many enemies, I guess.

Old Post Nov 27th, 2020 03:53 PM