KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Mayweather vs McGregor

Who do ylu think will win?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Mayweather 12 70.59%
McGregor 5 29.41%
Total: 17 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Mayweather vs McGregor
Started by: Sable

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Robtard
Senor Member

Fite! Fite! Fite!

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Aug 18th, 2017 08:53 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
socool8520
Life's a garden, Dig it

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Robtard
Fite! Fite! Fite!

Nope, not my bag.

I thought I'd quote this time so as not to create any more confusion. that was my bad. i apologize.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2017 08:55 PM
socool8520 is currently offline Click here to Send socool8520 a Private Message Find more posts by socool8520 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

Originally posted by socool8520
They could easily not fight. To do so is their decision.

the same logic could be used to excuse that guy who used to get broken-down old homeless people to beat eachother up for $20.

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2017 08:56 PM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
socool8520
Life's a garden, Dig it

Originally posted by Bashar Teg
the same logic could be used to excuse that guy who used to get broken-down old homeless people to beat eachother up for $20.

It very easily could, yes. I'd say their circumstances are bit different, but it easily could.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2017 08:58 PM
socool8520 is currently offline Click here to Send socool8520 a Private Message Find more posts by socool8520 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bluewaterrider

i've seen a referee actually telling a fighter to hit an unconscious opponent.

YouTube link/reference info or it didn't happen.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2017 09:01 PM
bluewaterrider is currently offline Click here to Send bluewaterrider a Private Message Find more posts by bluewaterrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by bluewaterrider

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...ign=programming

Old Post Aug 18th, 2017 09:04 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

Originally posted by bluewaterrider

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2017 09:05 PM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

saw another back in the late 90's where the guy was clearly half-conscious and helpless and the ref actually said "finish him" like it was mortal kombat. i have no clip of that though.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2017 09:07 PM
socool8520
Life's a garden, Dig it

LOl. he didn't tell him to continue beating him. That dude was still struggling, and upon inspection, he did call the fight. Not to mention the whole ordeal went on for like 5-6 seconds.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2017 09:10 PM
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

nah, the refs job is to step in and stop the fighting when someone loses consciousness. that's pretty much their most important role.
you don't leave the decision up to the other fighter whether or not to beat an unconscious opponent thumb down

Old Post Aug 18th, 2017 09:12 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Should be noted that the UFC/MMA has come some ways compared to the early days when you had guys fighting 3 matches in a single night and practically no rules.

Still, striking a KO'd opponent is never a good thing

Old Post Aug 18th, 2017 09:13 PM
socool8520
Life's a garden, Dig it

nah, the refs job is to step in and stop the fighting when someone loses consciousness. that's pretty much their most important role.
you don't leave the decision up to the other fighter whether or not to beat an unconscious opponent thumb down

The dude was struggling to get out of the hold. Had he held the chocke for like another second, I'm fairly certain the fight would have been called. Had he ended it a couple of seconds earlier, there would have been an uproar because the fight was stopped too early.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2017 09:15 PM
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

there would have been an uproar because the fight was stopped too early.

happens often in boxing. better than the risk of having a fighter strike an unconscious person.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2017 09:17 PM
socool8520
Life's a garden, Dig it

happens often in boxing. better than the risk of having a fighter strike an unconscious person.

Perhaps, but I don't think it was a terrible call personally. Another second of the hold and I would have called it, but I'd give him a shot to get out of it. i've seen other fighters do it.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2017 09:19 PM
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

regardless, the point we're both circling around is that it's far more difficult to determine a persons level of consciousness when they're fighting on their back than when they are on their feet.

a half-conscious man on his feet will wobble/stumble/fall, while there are no blatant signs otherwise, unless they just fully black out. that's part of why i think it's too risky.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2017 09:23 PM
Sable
Restricted

Account Restricted

The dude was struggling to get out of the hold. Had he held the chocke for like another second, I'm fairly certain the fight would have been called. Had he ended it a couple of seconds earlier, there would have been an uproar because the fight was stopped too early.

That was a close call, he was almost dead. Blood choke can kill.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2017 09:26 PM
Sable is currently offline Click here to Send Sable a Private Message Find more posts by Sable Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
socool8520
Life's a garden, Dig it

It is fighting. There is always risk. While I don't think it's the best way to make a living, I'm not going to look down on those that do. Not a personal attack on you.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2017 09:27 PM
socool8520
Life's a garden, Dig it

Originally posted by Sable
That was a close call, he was almost dead. Blood choke can kill.

He was not almost dead. The choke wasn't even fully held for more than a few seconds.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2017 09:29 PM
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

It is fighting. There is always risk. While I don't think it's the best way to make a living, I'm not going to look down on those that do. Not a personal attack on you.

and i'm not campaigning to strip you of your right to fight for sport.
i only made a decision as a consumer of entertainment for those reasons stated.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2017 09:32 PM
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

Mayweather by disqualification. Mcgregor will lose him temper by the fifth and revert to what he knows thus get disqualified.

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Aug 18th, 2017 09:48 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote