KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » 2017 Hurricane Season thread (Updated)

2017 Hurricane Season thread (Updated)
Started by: Sable

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (21): « First ... « 16 17 [18] 19 20 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Afro Cheese

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Scribble
Afro, you're fighting a losing battle. Taking a mixed/more centrist stance here doesn't work, because tribe mentality has set in too strong (as you've said, it's incredibly prevalent in real life, too). You're either a Nazi or a Libtard, apparently. Any attempts at pointing out hypocrisy on both sides will only elicit both of those previous insults at once, or (seen above) attempts to poke holes in your character due to you being 'arrogant' or 'sanctimonious'.
I know, that's why I said I'm not really "helping." Cause I don't expect me saying so will change anything. But I don't know what else to really do. And I'm seeing this everywhere. It's very troubling.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2017 09:20 PM
Afro Cheese is currently offline Click here to Send Afro Cheese a Private Message Find more posts by Afro Cheese Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Originally posted by Afro Cheese
@ Surtur/Bill Nye article

Interesting... I don't know that much about climate science tbh so I can't say that these specific storms are linked to climate change.

But I saw this article saying that there is some scientific evidence that warming the climate does make some hurricanes more intense/stronger.

https://www.skepticalscience.com/hu...ntermediate.htm

I know it's has been often mocked, but An Inconvenient Truth is an excellent documentary outlining the data and it even explains why there is so much confusion on what should be a non-political issue. And yes, hurricanes are getting stronger as a result of the climate. They even say it on the news, Irma went down a category level as a result of passing over land at one time and then picked up strength again as it passed over warmer waters. So yes, it is affecting hurricanes.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2017 09:24 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Who cares what Fly thinks? LOL

What matters is the data. The data has been confirming man-caused climate change for a long, long time. It's people who have been deceived by disinformation that keep spreading doubt.

Then why the disconnect?

Old Post Sep 11th, 2017 09:29 PM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Originally posted by Flyattractor
That falls under the "Made Up Science" part.

A made-up global conspiracy that the whole world believes in and is making preparations to deal with, but only the brilliantly eloquent and superior leader Donald Trump knows the truth behind?

Stop trollin' Fly. Everyone here knows you're a joke, you don't have to keep throwing it in our faces.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2017 09:30 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

A made-up global conspiracy that the whole world believes in and is making preparations to deal with

...YES! That part of your comment anyway.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2017 09:32 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Surtur

More like it's not okay to blame it on anything other than what actually caused the hurricane. No, it wasn't because of gay people or transgender people. No, it wasn't karma because some people don't believe in climate change.

What is the cause in your view and why?

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Sep 11th, 2017 09:39 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

Originally posted by Flyattractor
It "Bugs" him because he has no soul. And what with him being empty on the inside, He chooses to fill it wth bugginess.
Originally posted by Surtur
Afro: take comfort in knowing you triggered Bash across multiple threads.

I'll try. Why don't you get over me calling out your childish behavior for what it is?

So I inspired him to keep doing the same old same old? I take no comfort in that.

(please log in to view the image)

circlejerk harder. thumb up

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2017 09:42 PM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Afro Cheese

You forgot this one.

Originally posted by Scribble
Afro, you're fighting a losing battle. Taking a mixed/more centrist stance here doesn't work, because tribe mentality has set in too strong (as you've said, it's incredibly prevalent in real life, too). You're either a Nazi or a Libtard, apparently. Any attempts at pointing out hypocrisy on both sides will only elicit both of those previous insults at once, or (seen above) attempts to poke holes in your character due to you being 'arrogant' or 'sanctimonious'.

Everyone's out to get you, man.
#itsneveryourfault

Old Post Sep 11th, 2017 09:48 PM
Afro Cheese is currently offline Click here to Send Afro Cheese a Private Message Find more posts by Afro Cheese Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Originally posted by Bashar Teg

Ha ha Good One BAshy!

Old Post Sep 11th, 2017 09:48 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

@ Robtard Who said that was ok? It's stupid when anyone politicizes any natural disaster, and it's downright disgusting when people say that so and so deserves it because of their politics/race/orientation/etc.

You've never seen assclowns like Pat Robertson blame natural disasters on things like Americans "acceptance" of homosexuality and not allowing Israel to completely wipe out all Palestinians? Strangely enough, those kind of people are largely quiet now that we have a Republican president again and Red States are feeling the wrath more so than Blue with these hurricanes.

Also of note - epic scumbag Rush Limbaugh after downplaying hurricane Irma to his listeners, decided to conveniently bail out of Florida before the hurricane hit:

"Rush Limbaugh is safe. After telling his listeners that the warnings about Hurricane Irma were a scam to promote a climate change "agenda" and boost bottled water sales, he quietly scurried away to higher ground. Apparently, climate change is a liberal hoax so potent that not even Limbaugh could escape its reach. Full story

Last edited by Robtard on Sep 11th, 2017 at 10:33 PM

Old Post Sep 11th, 2017 10:26 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

^ I'm sure Limbaugh thoroughly denies that the increasing strength of hurricanes has anything to do with climate change, though. He's one of those morons spreading disinformation and doubt because his constituents demand it.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2017 10:41 PM
Flyattractor

^ I'm sure Limbaugh thoroughly denies that the increasing strength of hurricanes has anything to do with climate change, though. He's one of those morons spreading disinformation and doubt because his constituents demand it.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2017 10:44 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Limbaugh spewed his hurricane bullsh!t on 9/05 downplaying the severity, then Irma anally raped the Caribbean and as noted, he conveniently bailed out of South Florida before it hit there. What a pill-popping scumbag.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2017 10:54 PM
Afro Cheese

Originally posted by Robtard
You've never seen assclowns like Pat Robertson blame natural disasters on things like Americans "acceptance" of homosexuality and not allowing Israel to completely wipe out all Palestinians? Strangely enough, those kind of people are largely quiet now that we have a Republican president again and Red States are feeling the wrath more so than Blue with these hurricanes.
Yes, I've heard religious zealots like Pat say this kind of crap. But I think most people agree that he is wrong for saying that. So that's why I questioned why you would suggest "it's only OK when..." as if anyone here supported that kind of statement.

Also, Louisiana is more of a red state than Florida. So no, I don't think that had anything to do with it. I think he said that because New Orleans is famous for sex and debauchery/mardi gras.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2017 11:06 PM
Flyattractor

Seem to have noticed that when Irma hit Florida hit had been downgraded a couple of notches...so it wasnt' all that much of a RAPE job on Florida. And gee. I seem to recall LOTS of people left Florida because of MANDATORY EVACUATIONS being called.

Are you saying You would have stayed and Roughed It Out there Robbie? Too bad all this Climate Change don't get your part of the World Hit with more Storms like this....just so we could see how much YOU MAN UP during it.

You squishy little hypocrite you!

Old Post Sep 11th, 2017 11:07 PM
Afro Cheese

As far as I know, "mandatory evacuations" aren't really enforced. I remember them saying we had to leave when I lived down there, and we didn't. It just means you're on your own if the shit hits the fan.

Also, you proved my point earlier when I said you were just as guilty as the leftists on twitter I quoted. You basically just said you would like to see a hurricane to hit Rob.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2017 11:14 PM
Flyattractor

So why did you stay? Why did you make the choice to ignore what your Government advise you to do and choose to stay and endanger your life and possibly that of others being possible loved ones?

Old Post Sep 11th, 2017 11:17 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

As far as I know, "mandatory evacuations" aren't really enforced. I remember them saying we had to leave when I lived down there, and we didn't. It just means you're on your own if the shit hits the fan.

Also, you proved my point earlier when I said you were just as guilty as the leftists on twitter I quoted. You basically just said you would like to see a hurricane to hit Rob.

Fly is the forums most idiotic idiot, I'd not waste the time.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2017 11:19 PM
Flyattractor

Originally posted by Robtard
Fly is the forums most idiotic idiot, I'd not waste the time.

Hugs&Kisses Big Boy!

Old Post Sep 11th, 2017 11:20 PM
Afro Cheese

It wasn't a cat 4 or anything... And hurricanes came every goddamn year and hurricane warnings that don't pan out even more often. South Florida is set up pretty well to endure hurricanes. Everything is concrete and there are canals everywhere.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2017 11:21 PM