KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Jimmy Kimmel

Jimmy Kimmel
Started by: Sable

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Eternal Idol
This mindset of "Celebrities should shut up and stick to entertaining!" is asinine, though. It irritates me more than it should--definitely more than the opinions of celebrities who are a tad batshit or out of touch with reality--and in this case, Kimmel is not. Since when does one's occupation determine the validity of one's opinions on any variety of topics, or their right to share said opinions?

Well, it's typical of the whole mentality, isn't it? It's always shut up - not let's debate, or discuss. New ideas, anything different is by definition a threat and must be eliminated.

May all your dreams come true - except for one.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2017 10:12 PM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Dreampanther
Well, it's typical of the whole mentality, isn't it? It's always shut up - not let's debate, or discuss. New ideas, anything different is by definition a threat and must be eliminated.

I'd say yeah, this is a typical liberal mentality.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2017 10:16 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

Originally posted by Surtur
I'd say yeah, this is a typical liberal mentality.

laughing

May all your dreams come true - except for one.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2017 10:16 PM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

You feel they are open to new ideas? Hilarious.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2017 10:17 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

He laughs cause it is true.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2017 10:18 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Flyattractor
He laughs cause it is true.

Or he laughs because he is so delusional he believes it isn't.

Either way it's funny.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2017 10:19 PM
Eternal Idol
Lono, "The Dog"

No, I feel if you're popular you should have a degree of self awareness before you run your mouth.

Do you disagree?

Also, don't say stupid shit. These folk live in echo chambers. They aren't risking losing popularity. No more than if I brag to pimps that I love whores.

I agree that nobody should ever run their mouths, regardless of popularity.

However, there is a serious gap between "running your mouth" and sharing well-thought opinions, like Jimmy Kimmel did.

Kimmel shared his son's story and made the point that his son was able to get the life-saving operations he needed because Jimmy is now wealthy, and that millions of Americans would not have been so fortunate under our current healthcare policies. That is a fact.

He then went on to promote single-payer healthcare as the best way to ensure everyone is able to get the care they need without having to worry about jeopardizing their family's financial security. That is an opinion that is based on facts.

To run one's mouth is to criticize something or someone without much forethought about the criticisms being made, or the potential consequences of doing so. Donald Trump, whom you support as president, does this shit all the time.

Kimmel took a calculated risk and made his political stance on healthcare clear. At this point, he does not give a **** if people tune out because his beliefs don't align with theirs.

And a bit of advice: Don't tell people not to say stupid shit and follow it up with stupid shit. Kimmel will lose popularity because of this, just as Colin Kaepernick lost popularity for sitting out the national anthem. They will still be popular, but their fan bases will take a hit. You only need to read the comments on YouTube and other social media to see it in effect.

Last edited by Eternal Idol on Sep 23rd, 2017 at 10:34 PM

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2017 10:32 PM
Eternal Idol is currently offline Click here to Send Eternal Idol a Private Message Find more posts by Eternal Idol Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Man, next time you decide to give advice make it less of a whiny novel.

Also lol@ Colin K. Hey, did that dipshit ever wear a Fidel Castro t-shirt? Cuz if he did, it'd be outright dishonest to whine and suggest his kneeling is the only thing working against him.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2017 10:33 PM
Eternal Idol
Lono, "The Dog"

Man, next time you decide to give advice make it less of a whiny novel.

Also lol@ Colin K. Hey, did that dipshit ever wear a Fidel Castro t-shirt? Cuz if he did, it'd be outright dishonest to whine and suggest his kneeling is the only thing working against him.

My apologies. I made the assumption that you could handle some light reading and an opposing opinion, and offer a well-thought response in return.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2017 10:37 PM
Eternal Idol is currently offline Click here to Send Eternal Idol a Private Message Find more posts by Eternal Idol Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Eternal Idol
My apologies. I made the assumption that you could handle some light reading and an opposing opinion, and offer a well-thought response in return.

But you didn't respond to my Colin K comment, despite quoting it.

Plus I mean, whining over that kinda told me a thoughtful response would be lost. After all, why else whine over a dipshit wearing Castro t-shirts? Can you explain that?

Like, folk whined and said it was racist Miami didn't want him. Tell me why it is racist for Miami not to want some rich douche who wears Castro t-shirts.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2017 10:38 PM
Eternal Idol
Lono, "The Dog"

But you didn't respond to my Colin K comment, despite quoting it.

Plus I mean, whining over that kinda told me a thoughtful response would be lost. After all, why else whine over a dipshit wearing Castro t-shirts? Can you explain that?

Like, folk whined and said it was racist Miami didn't want him. Tell me why it is racist for Miami not to want some rich douche who wears Castro t-shirts.

Bitching about me not responding to your deflection over to Kaepernick, after not responding to anything in my last two posts? That's rich.

You'd probably go on to say that I mentioned Kaepernick in the first place, but I only used him as an example of a celebrity losing popularity over making their political beliefs clearly known. Both he and Kimmel lost fans who can't handle following someone with a differing opinion.

Then you started talking about other shit Kaepernick has done and why teams may or may not want him. We weren't talking about teams; we were talking about losing popularity among fans...and you only chose to cite examples of his fans who still support him.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2017 10:55 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

But should a person not lose popularity if they wear Castro shirts? Is that unjust?

On top of that, are you willing to acknowledge anyone saying it is due to racism is stupid? I just want to make sure we are on the same page in terms of reality.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2017 10:57 PM
Adam_PoE

No, I feel if you're popular you should have a degree of self awareness before you run your mouth.

So where are all of your posts criticizing Trump?

Do you disagree?

I disagree that it should only apply to people who are popular, but I understand that is a convenient loophole you have created to deliberately exclude yourself from the equation.

Also, don't say stupid shit. These folk live in echo chambers. They aren't risking losing popularity. No more than if I brag to pimps that I love whores.

Um, you live in a right wing echo chamber. People who live in glass houses, and all of that.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2017 11:03 PM
Adam_PoE is currently offline Click here to Send Adam_PoE a Private Message Find more posts by Adam_PoE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

So, why say stupid shit? If I'd, for no reason, said the shit you're whining about with glass houses you'd have a point.

Did I say it with no reason, you think? Or did someone try to imply whining about shit in a liberal echo chamber is somehow risky? Cuz I think the latter happened, and I think it's f*cktarded.

Next we'll be told it's brave to whine about Trump at an award show.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2017 11:04 PM
Adam_PoE

So, why say stupid shit? If I'd, for no reason, said the shit you're whining about with glass houses you'd have a point.

Did I say it with no reason, you think? Or did someone try to imply whining about shit in a liberal echo chamber is somehow risky? Cuz I think the latter happened, and I think it's f*cktarded.

Next we'll be told it's brave to whine about Trump at an award show.

You did not answer the question:

Originally posted by Adam_PoE

So where are all of your posts criticizing Trump?

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2017 11:13 PM
Adam_PoE is currently offline Click here to Send Adam_PoE a Private Message Find more posts by Adam_PoE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Lol, before I respond to that, if I give you a post will you just whine and say "that's just one post"? Because I know where I can easily find an instance without having to do too much searching. Just let me know if it'll be enough.

Cuz no, I'm not going to do searches and hunt down shit, I just happen to know a specific topic on the front page I can find one example quickly.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2017 11:14 PM
Eternal Idol
Lono, "The Dog"

But should a person not lose popularity if they wear Castro shirts? Is that unjust?

On top of that, are you willing to acknowledge anyone saying it is due to racism is stupid? I just want to make sure we are on the same page in terms of reality.

You're still changing the subject, while dodging questions asked earlier.

We were all discussing Jimmy Kimmel's support for single-payer healthcare, remember? Why should he, and other celebrities, remain silent on issues affecting the entire country? He's not giving away government secrets that will threaten our security, nor is he delivering hate speech aimed at specific groups of people or inciting war for the **** of it.

As for Kaepernick, he strikes me as an intelligent person, and must have known that wearing the Malcolm X/Fidel Castro shirt was going to receive harsh criticism. Again, he took that calculated risk, and chose his convictions over maintaining his popularity. It's not unjust for fans to turn on him for it, just like it's not unpatriotic of fans supporting him. The fans can decide for themselves where they draw the line.

Kaepernick getting blackballed has a lot more to do with politics than it does racism, but you'd have to be stupid to believe that absolutely none of his harshest critics are being colorblind in the matter.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2017 08:09 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

They should remain silent because they are too stupid to realize they live in a bubble. Liberal Hollywood celebrities are not the people to be pushing this shit. If people in the industry didn't lie and commit hypocrisy it would be one thing, but no. they do not.

You can say people aren't colorblind about Colin K, but you'd have to be stupid to think played race played a significant role.

Jimmy Kimmel’s credibility on health care questioned after this revelation

Old Post Sep 24th, 2017 10:19 PM
Rage.Of.Olympus

"You can say people aren't colorblind about Colin K, but you'd have to be stupid to think played race played a significant role."
laughing out loud

(please log in to view the image)

Last edited by Rage.Of.Olympus on Sep 24th, 2017 at 11:09 PM

Old Post Sep 24th, 2017 11:03 PM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
You can say people aren't colorblind about Colin K, but you'd have to be stupid to think played race played a significant role.

ROO just played the Race Card right? Just asking cause the typos in his/her/its sentence make it kind of hard to be sure.

Old Post Sep 24th, 2017 11:06 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote