KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Monarch replaces Odin against The Fourth Host of Celestials

Monarch replaces Odin against The Fourth Host of Celestials
Started by: backup

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Braniac 5.0
God of War

His regular strength would easily rip through celestial armor imo

Old Post Sep 26th, 2017 07:56 PM
Braniac 5.0 is currently offline Click here to Send Braniac 5.0 a Private Message Find more posts by Braniac 5.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

quote: (post)
Originally posted by TethAdamTheRock
His regular strength would easily rip through celestial armor imo
They can reform and hurt him. He can't reform. He was hurt by nuclear level power with an amp. Read the comics.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2017 07:59 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Braniac 5.0
God of War

Reforming is a loss, celestials have been hurt by thor

Old Post Sep 26th, 2017 08:02 PM
Braniac 5.0 is currently offline Click here to Send Braniac 5.0 a Private Message Find more posts by Braniac 5.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by leonidas
geezus bro..... i'm running out of words here. this isn't hard:

(a) we are talking about the celestials as depicted in thor 300

Only you are. There is no restrictions of appearances of celestials as per OP.

quote:
(b) we are talking about monarch

now, YOU claimed monarch can just blast them to pieces. cool. so,

You have done nothing to refute that.

quote:
(1) show the celestials as depicted in thor 300 being harmed by a blast. simple, yes?

Why would I need to do that to show Celestials being harmed? Are Celestials' appearances limited to Thor 300?

quote:
then,

(2) show monarch being able to replicate that blast.

So you have essentially set up something which can't be done as you'll refute everything from Monarch as not enough.

What is the criteria and what level of power is needed to do that what you are asking?

quote:
don't show someone OTHER than the characters specific to this thread doing anything because....? IT IS MEANINGLESS TO THIS THREAD. i hate writing in caps but this seems really hard for you. just show us all monarch's biggest blast of controlled power that didn't result in him, you know, dying.

For what purpose? You're focused entirely on refuting anything from Monarch without telling us why.

quote:
regarding your latest meaningless effort to low ball (hilarious that you wondered why i suggest you low ball every time....): zuras was shown less powerful than zeus during that thor arc. zeus+odin+vishnu couldn't begin to approach celestial power, let alone the uselessness of the destroyer against them. so who gives a phukc what zuras did against a celestial that is NOT part of this discussion?

Excellent ABC comparison. Yet another showing dismissed.

Its like everything for Celestials except Thor 300 is them being lowballed.

How about you make a case without Thor 300?

quote:
incidentally--that effort exemplifies the desperation i mentioned earlier. it is seen repeatedly by you when you use characters that have nothing to do with the thread. you're willing to go to any lengths to try and be right.

Tiamut isn't a celestial? Didn't you ask for what it takes to damage a celestial?

quote:
show MONARCH blasting with controlled power>>destroyer's disintegration beam or have the balls to admit you have nothing.

I'm again asking you, what level of power is needed to show it being more powerful than destroyer's attack so I can present my case. They don't have any direct comparisons after all.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2017 08:07 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by TethAdamTheRock
Reforming is a loss, celestials have been hurt by thor
No, it isn't. Plus we didn't see them reform from their entire body being destroyed. A limb or so but we didn't see Prime use this kind of power. Prime has been ko'd by the teen titans. Beaten down.

laughing out loud

Old Post Sep 26th, 2017 08:09 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Utrigita

why do i bother.....?

Sucker for punishment?

Old Post Sep 26th, 2017 09:48 PM
Utrigita is currently offline Click here to Send Utrigita a Private Message Find more posts by Utrigita Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

Originally posted by abhilegend
Only you are. There is no restrictions of appearances of celestials as per OP.

ohhhh i see. yur moving goalposts so you can include all showings. funny, where exactly, aside from that thor 300, was the entire 4th host shown? and better yet, where did odin face them?

laughing out loud

the OP says monarch REPLACES ODIN. now at least i KNOW you're simply trolling.

quote:
You have done nothing to refute that.

lol

quote:
Why would I need to do that to show Celestials being harmed? Are Celestials' appearances limited to Thor 300?

nice change of tactic. transparent, and utterly against what the thread starter was going for, but yeah, hell of an effort at strawmanning.

quote:
So you have essentially set up something which can't be done as you'll refute everything from Monarch as not enough.

yeah I'M the one who set it up. are you kidding right now? you come in all holier than thou about how monarch is universal levels and can just blast the sh!t out of the celestials and i call you on it and say show me a celestial from the material in question even being harmed by an attack but somehow I'M setting this up? dude, you must think i'm a complete idiot or something.

quote:
What is the criteria and what level of power is needed to do that what you are asking?

well, how about this:

Monarch is quite a bit above Odin.

first, i didn't know quite a bit above him meant universal. but using your words as a gauge, a SINGLE celestial no sold levels of power that dwarfed his own. the destroyer had ALL of odin's power (including all the life force of asgard) and power from every single skyfather on earth. so...i dunno. really, really powerful. just show monarch's greatest controlled release of power. i'm sure everyone will be able to judge for themselves.

quote:
For what purpose? You're focused entirely on refuting anything from Monarch without telling us why.

have you read your posts? blink

i've not refuted ANYTHING from monarch. i've seen almost nothing at all. you've spent your entire time focusing on everyone BUT monarch. for the love of god, SHOW something from him so i CAN refute it.

quote:
Excellent ABC comparison. Yet another showing dismissed.

you. cannot. be. serious. dismissed because in the actual arc in question, zeus=/>zuras. no expression you pulling from material that has nothing to do with the arc in question serves only to highlight how dramatically the celestials WERE reduced later on.

quote:
Its like everything for Celestials except Thor 300 is them being lowballed.

How about you make a case without Thor 300?

why would i when monarch is replacing odin in the exact same scenario? their showings varied after secret wars 2. no secret. i still wouldn't say monarch beats them even using those showings, but i'll not be arguing that. or i will. admit monarch has no chance in this scenario and maybe i'll pursue it.

quote:
Tiamut isn't a celestial? Didn't you ask for what it takes to damage a celestial?

no. for what, the 5th time, i ask to see a scan of monarch doing...anything that would suggest he could even make a celestial take notice of him, let alone harm him.

quote:
I'm again asking you, what level of power is needed to show it being more powerful than destroyer's attack so I can present my case. They don't have any direct comparisons after all. [/B]

laughing out loud

at this point i'd be happy to see you show anything from him. you've actually got me half convinced that odin would beat him by this point given the lack of obvious showings from him....

if yur gonna keep trolling and pretending that the OP intended something different then no point going forward. we both know you have nothing in this scenario, so no point anyway i guess. do what you need to do but unless i see something specific to change my mind about this thread and the stips that are implied, i'll make this my final post fer realz this time.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2017 10:11 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

ohhhh i see. yur moving goalposts so you can include all showings. funny, where exactly, aside from that thor 300, was the entire 4th host shown? and better yet, where did odin face them?

laughing out loud

Now, I'm moving the goalposts? They were shown in X-Factor 48-50 and Fantastic Four 400.

Where does anyone say they are restricted to their appearance in Thor 300?

quote:

the OP says monarch REPLACES ODIN. now at least i KNOW you're simply trolling.

This is simply baffling. So just because Monarch replaces Odin against fourth host, all of their showings after Thor 300 somehow became invalid?

What kind of logic is that?

quote:

lol

nice change of tactic. transparent, and utterly against what the thread starter was going for, but yeah, hell of an effort at strawmanning.

This is your entire argument here. Who needs debating when you can simply use same words again and dismiss everything and pretend you're on some moral high ground.

quote:

yeah I'M the one who set it up. are you kidding right now? you come in all holier than thou about how monarch is universal levels and can just blast the sh!t out of the celestials and i call you on it and say show me a celestial from the material in question even being harmed by an attack but somehow I'M setting this up? dude, you must think i'm a complete idiot or something.

I've said only what the comic showed me for both Monarch and Odin.

What's funny is that you want Celestials restricted to Thor 300 but use Odin's showings across his career. Hence getting pissed when I said skyfathers were planetary and so was Destroyer when that's exactly what the comic showed.

Why are you getting so pissy about it anyway? Calm down.

quote:

well, how about this:

first, i didn't know quite a bit above him meant universal. but using your words as a gauge, a SINGLE celestial no sold levels of power that dwarfed his own. the destroyer had ALL of odin's power (including all the life force of asgard) and power from every single skyfather on earth. so...i dunno. really, really powerful. just show monarch's greatest controlled release of power. i'm sure everyone will be able to judge for themselves.

First of all Destroyer only had a minute power from Zeus and Vishnu, not all of Earth's skyfathers.

You're still trying to dodge the question. Why would I try to convince anyone? It's between you and me. Just let me know what level of power Destroyer was at and we will go from there.

quote:

have you read your posts? blink

i've not refuted ANYTHING from monarch. i've seen almost nothing at all. you've spent your entire time focusing on everyone BUT monarch. for the love of god, SHOW something from him so i CAN refute it.

laughing out loud

"Monarch destroying the universe does not matters because he died".

FYI Cap didn't die. He was koed and Depowered but he wasn't dead.

quote:

you. cannot. be. serious. dismissed because in the actual arc in question, zeus=/>zuras. no expression you pulling from material that has nothing to do with the arc in question serves only to highlight how dramatically the celestials WERE reduced later on.

What the **** are you talking about now? Who said Thor 300 is the only appearance that matters for Celestials?

This is just getting tiresome now.
quote:

why would i when monarch is replacing odin in the exact same scenario? their showings varied after secret wars 2. no secret. i still wouldn't say monarch beats them even using those showings, but i'll not be arguing that. or i will. admit monarch has no chance in this scenario and maybe i'll pursue it.

He is replacing them in that scenario but they aren't restricted to that showing only. It's like saying someone replacing Superman against HP Doomsday and saying Doomsday wars or OWAW doesn't counts for Doomsday's feats because it's after that story.

What you are trying to do is utterly asinine. Just because their showings varies doesn't mean you get to discard them.

quote:

no. for what, the 5th time, i ask to see a scan of monarch doing...anything that would suggest he could even make a celestial take notice of him, let alone harm him.

laughing out loud

So what does it takes to harm a Celestial IYO?

quote:

laughing out loud

at this point i'd be happy to see you show anything from him. you've actually got me half convinced that odin would beat him by this point given the lack of obvious showings from him....

Of course you think so. Show us Odin doing anything remotely impressive from Thor 300 and let me know.
quote:

if yur gonna keep trolling and pretending that the OP intended something different then no point going forward. we both know you have nothing in this scenario, so no point anyway i guess. do what you need to do but unless i see something specific to change my mind about this thread and the stips that are implied, i'll make this my final post fer realz this time.

laughing out loud

This is ****ing hilarious. You tried to shove your own rule that Celestials are only restricted to their showings in Thor 300 but skyfathers are not, dismissed all showings of Celestials, dismissed all showings of Monarch and you have the gall to tell me I don't have anything?

Old Post Sep 27th, 2017 04:46 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

If I said Superman replaced WWH in the story arc 'World War Hulk'.....am I supposed to use Sentry as he appeared in that arc, or can I use Death seed?

Fair enough, he had an amp

Am I allowed to use Xavier's feats post WWH? Like putting the P5 to sleep with a word? I'd argue yes, I'm allowed to. Strange's timestop feats against WBH? Yes.

What about pre WWH?

IOW, I'd argue I'm not just limited to WWH feats for my combatants.

Unless OPintention is to recreate WWH.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2017 06:28 AM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

If there is a direct confrontation between Xavier and Hulk there is no need for ABC comparisons.

Here Monarch and Celestials don't. Hence we have to look at their whole history.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2017 06:40 AM
DarkSaint85

Apples and oranges.

Superman is replacing Hulk. Monarch is replacing Odin. There are no confrontations between Monarch and the Celestials, nor are there confrontations between Xavier and Superman (not Hulk, as your post says).

Old Post Sep 27th, 2017 06:53 AM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía
"The devil made me do it"

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
If I said Superman replaced WWH in the story arc 'World War Hulk'.....am I supposed to use Sentry as he appeared in that arc, or can I use Death seed?

Fair enough, he had an amp

Am I allowed to use Xavier's feats post WWH? Like putting the P5 to sleep with a word? I'd argue yes, I'm allowed to. Strange's timestop feats against WBH? Yes.

What about pre WWH?

IOW, I'd argue I'm not just limited to WWH feats for my combatants.

Unless OPintention is to recreate WWH.

thumb up

And if we only use Celestials from that arc...do we only use Odin from that arc? i.e. they can only throw planets from orbits with their combined power and such?

Can't have it both ways - either all showings for Celestials AND Odin count - or only the showings from that arc for BOTH of them do.

“Perhaps this is the ultimate freedom. The freedom to leave.”

Old Post Sep 27th, 2017 07:44 AM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Apples and oranges.

Superman is replacing Hulk. Monarch is replacing Odin. There are no confrontations between Monarch and the Celestials, nor are there confrontations between Xavier and Superman (not Hulk, as your post says).
Originally posted by Philosophía
thumb up

And if we only use Celestials from that arc...do we only use Odin from that arc? i.e. they can only throw planets from orbits with their combined power and such?

Can't have it both ways - either all showings for Celestials AND Odin count - or only the showings from that arc for BOTH of them do.

Bingo. Leo wants to have his cake and eat it too. All feats are allowed for Odin and only that Comic is allowed for Celestials.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2017 08:20 AM
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

Now, I'm moving the goalposts? They were shown in X-Factor 48-50 and Fantastic Four 400.

Where does anyone say they are restricted to their appearance in Thor 300?

This is simply baffling. So just because Monarch replaces Odin against fourth host, all of their showings after Thor 300 somehow became invalid?

What kind of logic is that?

This is your entire argument here. Who needs debating when you can simply use same words again and dismiss everything and pretend you're on some moral high ground.

I've said only what the comic showed me for both Monarch and Odin.

What's funny is that you want Celestials restricted to Thor 300 but use Odin's showings across his career. Hence getting pissed when I said skyfathers were planetary and so was Destroyer when that's exactly what the comic showed.

Why are you getting so pissy about it anyway? Calm down.

First of all Destroyer only had a minute power from Zeus and Vishnu, not all of Earth's skyfathers.

You're still trying to dodge the question. Why would I try to convince anyone? It's between you and me. Just let me know what level of power Destroyer was at and we will go from there.

laughing out loud

"Monarch destroying the universe does not matters because he died".

FYI Cap didn't die. He was koed and Depowered but he wasn't dead.

What the **** are you talking about now? Who said Thor 300 is the only appearance that matters for Celestials?

This is just getting tiresome now.

He is replacing them in that scenario but they aren't restricted to that showing only. It's like saying someone replacing Superman against HP Doomsday and saying Doomsday wars or OWAW doesn't counts for Doomsday's feats because it's after that story.

What you are trying to do is utterly asinine. Just because their showings varies doesn't mean you get to discard them.

laughing out loud

So what does it takes to harm a Celestial IYO?

Of course you think so. Show us Odin doing anything remotely impressive from Thor 300 and let me know.

laughing out loud

This is ****ing hilarious. You tried to shove your own rule that Celestials are only restricted to their showings in Thor 300 but skyfathers are not, dismissed all showings of Celestials, dismissed all showings of Monarch and you have the gall to tell me I don't have anything?

*glances to see if a scan is present, sees none, promptly dismisses and does not read accepting the unwritten and unspoken concession of defeat*

thumb up

Old Post Sep 27th, 2017 03:26 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

@phil--i have no issue with that at all. all i asked was for blasts at well above planetary level from abhi. i asked like....7 times and have gotten NOTHING about monarch. at all. i'm not talking about odin--i'm talking about whether monarch can equal or exceed what the skyfathers in that book did. pretty simple. he'd need to exceed their output (and the destroyer's) by......a LOT to have even a chance to harm them. abhi has not shown a single scan (outside him dying...) to support monarch being able to unleash that type of power at will. the gymnastics he;'s been pulling to avoid admitting he has nothing to show have been pretty spectacular though. thumb up

if you have a scan to suggest he can do more damage than the amped destroyer's disintegration beam, i'd love to see them. i have no issue saying i'm wrong, but based on abhi's...."arguments" he's done monarch more harm than good. /shrug

Old Post Sep 27th, 2017 03:42 PM
DarkSaint85

That's a good point, actually.

What can Monarch do? His standard/most powerful blast without him becoming depowered.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2017 04:02 PM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

*glances to see if a scan is present, sees none, promptly dismisses and does not read accepting the unwritten and unspoken concession of defeat*

thumb up

LMAO. You're just phoning in at this point.

Don't worry, I still like you.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2017 04:10 PM
-K-M-

That's a good point, actually.

What can Monarch do? His standard/most powerful blast without him becoming depowered.

Prior to him absorbing all the captain atoms from across the multiverse he unleashed a blast that instantly and casually destroyed North America. At work so can't pull up scan but think it was just North America.

Last edited by -K-M- on Sep 27th, 2017 at 04:16 PM

Old Post Sep 27th, 2017 04:10 PM
-K-M- is currently offline Click here to Send -K-M- a Private Message Find more posts by -K-M- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

LMAO. You're just phoning in at this point.

Don't worry, I still like you.

love

and hey, i finally got my first cell phone so i actually COULD be phoning it in! eek!

but i'm not.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2017 04:34 PM
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by -K-M-
Prior to him absorbing all the captain atoms from across the multiverse he unleashed a blast that instantly and casually destroyed North America. At work so can't pull up scan but think it was just North America.
Far below herald level in power. Not impressed feat wise.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2017 04:35 PM