KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Who has hit harder?Cho Hulk

Who has hit harder?Cho Hulk
Started by: TheHulkster

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (12): « First ... « 9 10 [11] 12 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
DarkSaint85

quote: (post)
Originally posted by carver9
I don't think you understood my post. My logic didn't have anything to do with combat showings or anything else. It was primarily based off the majority. I specifically said if something happens for the majority, I would put this over the minority. This is why I brought up the Spiderman vs Wolverine example. If Superman gets his head caved in by Kalibak 10/10 in comics, I am not going to go into a thread and say Superman wind 10/10 because he put lettuce on his sandwich at nano second speeds. This goes against everything that has happened on panel. You say that I ignore your questions but you have a habit of ignoring mine. Does Surfer pull a 10/10 against Dakrseid via opening a black hole in his brain? He capable and smart enough to do this. We are debating capabilities, right?

thumb up so once more, Batman reigns supreme. Thanks. That's all that was needed. As he has many examples of tagging speedsters,heralds, and surviving punches etc fromheralds.

As for your Surfer question, no. Why? Because of several things.

1. DS has superspeed. To the point even WW is shocked. I'm sure you know WWs speed feats. So before Surfer can do this black hole, DS has blitzed him.

2. Surfer is a pacifist. He's not black holing anyone's brain. Superman is also a pacifist, who doesn't enjoy drawn out fights. He'll end things quickly. I'm not saying he lobotomizes people with HV at lightspeed, lol, or sings people out of existence. Neither Superman nor Surfer kill... except Supermans speed isn't a kill factor.

3. Has Surfer ever created a black hole in anyone's brain? At least Superman has...what did you say, 2%? Of showings using his speed.

Edit: point 3, actually, is a bit of you moving goalposts.

From 2% of showings, to suddenly, 0% of showings lol.

Last edited by DarkSaint85 on Jan 15th, 2018 at 05:40 PM

Old Post Jan 15th, 2018 05:27 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

One can say that Clark is more a glutton for punishment(cause he knows he can take it) than actually ending things quickly..

Old Post Jan 15th, 2018 05:52 PM
celeyhyga17 is currently offline Click here to Send celeyhyga17 a Private Message Find more posts by celeyhyga17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Originally posted by celeyhyga17
One can say that Clark is more a glutton for punishment(cause he knows he can take it) than actually ending things quickly..

Agreed. But what happens when he gets tagged once or twice?

Either we argue that his opponent OHKOs him,or he then realises hey,this guy is the real deal,better ramp up.

THAT'S my argument.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2018 06:05 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

That's all well and gud.

I just don't fully subscribe to this...
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
who doesn't enjoy drawn out fights. He'll end things quickly.

Because of him being a pacifist.

He's more likely to talk down opponents while eating some punishment.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2018 06:49 PM
celeyhyga17 is currently offline Click here to Send celeyhyga17 a Private Message Find more posts by celeyhyga17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

That's all well and gud.

I just don't fully subscribe to this...

Because of him being a pacifist.

He's more likely to talk down opponents while eating some punishment.

Depending on who he's fighting. Someone like DS, for example, he won't.

Someone like Thanos? Prob won't. Thor? Prob yes. We assume forum fights start with both sides ready to fight, though they won't kill.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2018 07:32 PM
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

Yes. It can be somewhat dependent on who he's fighting. Somewhat...

Old Post Jan 15th, 2018 09:00 PM
DarkSaint85

Yes. It can be somewhat dependent on who he's fighting. Somewhat...

As with DS - when he received general knowledge of who DS was, he didn't start talking and blustering, and asking them to stand down (hell, he didn't even do that when DS first appeared). He just used his speed and tried to BFR DS, straight off the bat.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/3Uxcg7i-Ba...t6_DUQGI3=s1600

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-xP9SSZr01...JL6+splash2.png

Old Post Jan 15th, 2018 09:04 PM
darthgoober

thumb up so once more, Batman reigns supreme. Thanks. That's all that was needed. As he has many examples of tagging speedsters,heralds, and surviving punches etc fromheralds.

1. DS has superspeed. To the point even WW is shocked. I'm sure you know WWs speed feats. So before Surfer can do this black hole, DS has blitzed him.

2. Surfer is a pacifist. He's not black holing anyone's brain. Superman is also a pacifist, who doesn't enjoy drawn out fights. He'll end things quickly. I'm not saying he lobotomizes people with HV at lightspeed, lol, or sings people out of existence. Neither Superman nor Surfer kill... except Supermans speed isn't a kill factor.

3. Has Surfer ever created a black hole in anyone's brain? At least Superman has...what did you say, 2%? Of showings using his speed.

Surfer kills when pressed.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2018 09:12 PM
darthgoober is currently offline Click here to Send darthgoober a Private Message Find more posts by darthgoober Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Originally posted by darthgoober
Surfer kills when pressed.

thumb up so has Supes.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2018 09:15 PM
darthgoober

thumb up so has Supes.

Supes limits it to unthinking monsters and such outside of the time right after the COIE reboot when Bryne set out to totally redevelop the character and had him expose Zod and company to K-nite.

When you get right down to it Surfer will kill just because he's tired of dealing with someone...

(please log in to view the image)

http://i1134.photobucket.com/albums...ders_02_005.jpg
http://i1134.photobucket.com/albums...ders_02_006.jpg

He's even pulled a Zoom and used time travele to go back and prevent an opponent from ever being born.

Last edited by darthgoober on Jan 15th, 2018 at 09:30 PM

Old Post Jan 15th, 2018 09:27 PM
darthgoober is currently offline Click here to Send darthgoober a Private Message Find more posts by darthgoober Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Supes limits it to unthinking monsters and such outside of the time right after the COIE reboot when Bryne set out to totally redevelop the character and had him expose Zod and company to K-nite.

When you get right down to it Surfer will kill just because he's tired of dealing with someone...
http://photobucket.com/gallery/user...wNS5qcGc=/?ref=

http://i1134.photobucket.com/albums...ders_02_005.jpg
http://i1134.photobucket.com/albums...ders_02_006.jpg

He's even pulled a Zoom and used time travele to go back and prevent an opponent from ever being born.

And Superman sang DS out of existence.....

Old Post Jan 15th, 2018 09:29 PM
darthgoober

And Superman sang DS out of existence.....

That's killing evil incarnate for the sake of the multiverse... anyone would do that. Surfer was going to kill an innocent little girl for the sake of the multiverse lol.

I'm not arguing that there aren't extreme circumstances where Supes might kill, nor am I saying that Surfer is ruthlessly cold blooded, I'm just saying that Surfer's more likely to go for a kill than Supes is as made evident by him killing more despite far, far fewer appearances.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2018 09:37 PM
DarkSaint85

That's killing evil incarnate for the sake of the multiverse... anyone would do that. Surfer was going to kill an innocent little girl for the sake of the multiverse lol.

I'm not arguing that there aren't extreme circumstances where Supes might kill, nor am I saying that Surfer is ruthlessly cold blooded, I'm just saying that Surfer's more likely to go for a kill than Supes is as made evident by him killing more despite far, far fewer appearances.

So not just mindless monsters, got it.

thumb up

Then in that case, with carver's actual, original question, DS kills Surfer first. Lol.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2018 09:40 PM
darthgoober

So not just mindless monsters, got it.

thumb up

Then in that case, with carver's actual, original question, DS kills Surfer first. Lol.

I meant in general. Pointing out the DS thing for Supes is like pointing out DS when someone says that it isn't in character for Batman to use a gun.

IDK... even Supes was willing to kill DS and as we've established Surfer's more likely to kill than Supes lol

Last edited by darthgoober on Jan 15th, 2018 at 09:46 PM

Old Post Jan 15th, 2018 09:42 PM
DarkSaint85

IDK... even Supes was willing to kill DS and as we've established Surfer's more likely to kill than Supes lol

And like you said, DS is the incarnate of evil - whereas even in your scans, Surfer still pleads with people to stop BEFORE he kills them.

DS would just go for the kill.

But by the by. Am interested in your take on the Cho asteroid/moon question.

How come you never PM scans to me for use in threads any more? You used to message me out of the blue with scans, offering to help in this thread and that....

Old Post Jan 15th, 2018 09:45 PM
carver9

I'm not debating this Batman nonsense. You hide behind him when you're in a serious debate.

Superman is a pacifist and he isn't combo to koing someone with a thousand punches as soon as the bell ring.

Are you talking about his recent showing (Darkseid)?

Has Superman ever performed to the levels you are saying he is performing at? We are talking about capabilities here. The same thing you're doing.

Never said 0%.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Jan 15th, 2018 09:53 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

I'm not debating this Batman nonsense. You hide behind him when you're in a serious debate.

Superman is a pacifist and he isn't combo to koing someone with a thousand punches as soon as the bell ring.

Are you talking about his recent showing (Darkseid)?

Has Superman ever performed to the levels you are saying he is performing at? We are talking about capabilities here. The same thing you're doing.

Never said 0%.

Not hiding. It's 100% canon, in comics. You're just annoyed I am showing up your double standards. It has happened.

Bats has taken suckerpunches, whilst half nakedm, from a pissed off GoW WW - y/n?
Has tagged Zoom - y/n?
Outreacted a bloodlusted Superman's HV - y/n?
Stolen Hal's ring despite autoshields - y/n?
Destroyed in combat beings that Flash couldn't - y/n?

And that is just new 52 Batman, lol. Am limiting myself to showings from the past 10 years.

Has Surfer EVER opened black holes in people's heads? Not threatened - actually done it? Goober has shown he can be a mean SOB when he wants to be. I know he has opened black holes before, right? So it should be no issue for you.

Ever done it in someone's head?

Because your argument is that in 98% of Superman's showings, he gets tagged by slower people, and that I, darksaint85, am clinging to the 2%.

So for your Surfer analogy to work, surely Surfer has done the black hole attack more than 2%, right? Otherwise, you're just moving goalposts.

But why, WHY, is the Batman argument 'nonsense'? He has plenty of combat feats where he does incredibly well Why does it only work for Marvel characters? Surely we should be fair, right?

Batman has, on panel, in a canon comic, done all that I have listed. In combat. Space cheese is doodoo. Combat feats are all that matters, right?

Old Post Jan 15th, 2018 10:03 PM
darthgoober

And like you said, DS is the incarnate of evil - whereas even in your scans, Surfer still pleads with people to stop BEFORE he kills them.

DS would just go for the kill.

But by the by. Am interested in your take on the Cho asteroid/moon question.

How come you never PM scans to me for use in threads any more? You used to message me out of the blue with scans, offering to help in this thread and that....

He only pleads when it's convenient. He certainly didn't against those Atlantians. Things like pleading for an opponent to stand down isn't going to happen(regardless of who's fighting) in a forum fight where everyone knows there HAS to be a winner. I've always viewed forum fight to be set up kind of like the original Marvel vs DC series where the brothers beamed the knowledge that everyone selected HAD to fight and had to try to win or their universe would be destroyed into all the participants minds. That's obviously not something that's been specifically stipulated in the forum rules, it's just the way I've always seen it working.

As for the thread question, it's hard to say because of the questionable nature of Cho's feat. I mean it was obviously either poor research/writer error, or something that has to be taken with the ultimate level of suspension of disbelieve. It's right there in the same category as Flash's evacuating the city at sub light speeds IMO. Personally, I just put things that are that far beyond the scope of basic mathematical logic into the "so impossible it's a totally unquantifiable feat" category which makes them SUPER impressive, but nothing that should be used as a definitive measurement of a character's abilities.

Well I post myself sometimes now so if something stands out as something that I just HAVE to get out I do it myself. It's nothing personal against you or anything.

Last edited by darthgoober on Jan 15th, 2018 at 10:12 PM

Old Post Jan 15th, 2018 10:09 PM
carver9

Not hiding. It's 100% canon, in comics. You're just annoyed I am showing up your double standards. It has happened.

Bats has taken suckerpunches, whilst half nakedm, from a pissed off GoW WW - y/n?
Has tagged Zoom - y/n?
Outreacted a bloodlusted Superman's HV - y/n?
Stolen Hal's ring despite autoshields - y/n?
Destroyed in combat beings that Flash couldn't - y/n?

And that is just new 52 Batman, lol. Am limiting myself to showings from the past 10 years.

Has Surfer EVER opened black holes in people's heads? Not threatened - actually done it? Goober has shown he can be a mean SOB when he wants to be. I know he has opened black holes before, right? So it should be no issue for you.

Ever done it in someone's head?

Because your argument is that in 98% of Superman's showings, he gets tagged by slower people, and that I, darksaint85, am clinging to the 2%.

So for your Surfer analogy to work, surely Surfer has done the black hole attack more than 2%, right? Otherwise, you're just moving goalposts.

But why, WHY, is the Batman argument 'nonsense'? He has plenty of combat feats where he does incredibly well Why does it only work for Marvel characters? Surely we should be fair, right?

Batman has, on panel, in a canon comic, done all that I have listed. In combat. Space cheese is doodoo. Combat feats are all that matters, right?

Batman is abstract level. There. Now let's get back on topic. Do we accept the majority or minority of showings in comics? If Hulk fought and killed Thanos in every last one of their encounters, are you going to come on KMC and give Thanos the win based off abilities?

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Jan 15th, 2018 10:11 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Batman is abstract level. There. Now let's get back on topic. Do we accept the majority or minority of showings in comics? If Hulk fought and killed Thanos in every last one of their encounters, are you going to come on KMC and give Thanos the win based off abilities?

Cool thumb up reason why I kept bringing it up, is because nobody would ever answer me seriously, and just dodged the question.

Rather than call it PIS, you would rather say Batman was abstract level. Fair enough - it tells me a lot about how this is all a waste of time, lol.

Because you would rather cling to ridiculous things, than accept logic.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2018 10:14 PM