KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Bronn of the Blackwater vs. Sandor Clegane the Hound

Bronn vs. the Hound
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Bronn 4 30.77%
The Hound 9 69.23%
Total: 13 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Bronn of the Blackwater vs. Sandor Clegane the Hound
Started by: Rebel95

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Psychotron

Not just strong enough to bisect a man, but to bisect a man wearing plate armor. Bronn is ridiculously outmatched here.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2017 04:44 PM
Psychotron is currently offline Click here to Send Psychotron a Private Message Find more posts by Psychotron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Josh_Alexander
Doesn't matter. It's clear ENOUGH that Bronn isn't the TYPICAL swordman.

He is cunning, which is the point i wanted to prove.

Sandor has strenght and skill. But Bronn got brains.

And as History has taught us: Brains>>>>>Muscle.

Let's be honest here. Bronn isn't some kind of genius tactician. He fights dirty and he uses unorthodox methods, which works against lower end opponents. But when he got to a high end opponent like the Dothraki, it was more luck that got him out. Heck, he couldn't even defeat a Sand Snake when Jamie was equally matching another with just one hand. And Bronn was the one who got the worse end of his fight with the sand snake.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2017 06:06 PM
FrothByte is online now! Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

Originally posted by FrothByte
Let's be honest here. Bronn isn't some kind of genius tactician. He fights dirty and he uses unorthodox methods, which works against lower end opponents. But when he got to a high end opponent like the Dothraki, it was more luck that got him out. Heck, he couldn't even defeat a Sand Snake when Jamie was equally matching another with just one hand. And Bronn was the one who got the worse end of his fight with the sand snake.

And Euron casually stomped the Snakes.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2017 06:07 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

Originally posted by KingD19
And Euron casually stomped the Snakes.

Exactly. And I doubt Euron can take Sandor either.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2017 06:30 PM
FrothByte is online now! Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Psychotron

Originally posted by FrothByte

Bronn got some titties tho.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2017 07:40 PM
Psychotron is currently offline Click here to Send Psychotron a Private Message Find more posts by Psychotron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Originally posted by Darkstorm Zero
It takes more than brains to win a one on one fight.

If all it took was a better brain, then:

(please log in to view the image) Steven hawking would beat the holy hell out of...

(please log in to view the image) Brock Lesnar.

I am hoping your not trying to claim this.

Remember David beat Goliath. So thats enough to REBUKE the Halking response.

Originally posted by Psychotron
He is a very TYPICAL swordsman. He just happensto fight dirty, which catches honor bound types off guard. Sandor is not on of those honor bound types. He spits on their honor.

So is the Hound.

Wrong, Sandor is the whole package. Bronn is like the Hound, but smaller and weaker.

No. If that was true nerds wouldn't be bullied by football players. There's nothing his brains could do in an empty arena going 1v1 with a physically superior and more skilled opponent.

Originally posted by NemeBro
I wasn't aware being explosive and violent was a weakness in a fight.

There is also pretty much nothing indicating that Bronn is faster than Sandor. It is just being assumed that he is because he's smaller, and because Bronn claimed as such in season two.

So Bronn is against a much more heavily armoured opponent who has comparable speed, more skill, and is considerably stronger, strong enough to literally bisect a man with his sword.

Bronn won't have time to come up with an alternative plan of attack. He'll just be quickly overwhelmed and killed.

Even if they are just as fast. Meaning they are 5/5.

Sandor has ONE advantage: Strenght.

Bronn has ONE advantage: Brains.

As i claimed before, i support Brains. Bronn is smart enough to outmaneuver the Hound. To use his environment to his favor. And to know the right time to strike.

To me Bronn wins.

(Someone said that Sandor is faster than 90% of the characters, just wanted to rebuke that).

Old Post Oct 7th, 2017 11:29 PM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggerman

That dagger toss was accurate AF

"I'M THE JUGGERMAN B!TCH"

Old Post Oct 8th, 2017 05:21 AM
juggerman is currently offline Click here to Send juggerman a Private Message Find more posts by juggerman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

As i claimed before, i support Brains. Bronn is smart enough to outmaneuver the Hound. To use his environment to his favor. And to know the right time to strike.

To me Bronn wins.

(Someone said that Sandor is faster than 90% of the characters, just wanted to rebuke that).
You forgot to mention that Sandor also has the advantage in technical skill, reach, and feats in duels against strong opponents.

Bronn has some trouble against a Sand Snake. Sandor Clegane can match blades with the most feared and strongest (in terms of physical power) knight in the realm. Sandor stomps tbh.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2017 05:31 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

You forgot to mention that Sandor also has the advantage in technical skill, reach, and feats in duels against strong opponents.

Bronn has some trouble against a Sand Snake. Sandor Clegane can match blades with the most feared and strongest (in terms of physical power) knight in the realm. Sandor stomps tbh.

To be fair, you are arguing with a guy who appears to believe that MCU Iron Man and MCU Iron Fist hit equally hard simply because the word "Iron" is in both names.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2017 05:50 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Psychotron

To me Bronn wins.

Sandor's combat speed seems superior to Bronn's to me.

No, Sandor has the advantage of: strength, reach, skill, better feats, better armor.

Bronn is not smarter than Sandor. You've said this several times but I haven't seen any proof yet.

HOW? How does he use his featureless environment against the Hound?

Btw David and Goliath? That's your argument? Try something that actually happened.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2017 07:53 AM
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
To be fair, you are arguing with a guy who appears to believe that MCU Iron Man and MCU Iron Fist hit equally hard simply because the word "Iron" is in both names.

To be fair, this doesn't concern the thread. So please refrain yourself from responding unless you will debate reasonably.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2017 02:31 AM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Sandor's combat speed seems superior to Bronn's to me.

No, Sandor has the advantage of: strength, reach, skill, better feats, better armor.

Bronn is not smarter than Sandor. You've said this several times but I haven't seen any proof yet.

HOW? How does he use his featureless environment against the Hound?

Btw David and Goliath? That's your argument? Try something that actually happened.

I agree on much. This is what i don't agree to:

Better armor also means slower fighter.

I never said smarter, i said that Bronn was more sly, which is different.

I could see Bronn using candles (like when he did against the Knight) etc.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2017 02:33 AM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

To be fair, this doesn't concern the thread. So please refrain yourself from responding unless you will debate reasonably.

I am providing Nemebro with context around why you post the things you do. So, it's relevant. Also, pretty funny how you try to police me here after getting aggressive with me (even trying to bait me by calling me "boy") after I questioned your participation in the Cap slugfest thread.

Also, take your own advice, and start debating reasonably. Because, as things stand, other people have actually been referencing multiple feats and examples as to why Sandor wins, whereas all you have been doing is spouting your opinion about how Bronn's brain magically means he is going to win, despite Sandor's better feats and advantages.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2017 03:54 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

I am very well aware of Josh Alexander's stupidity, yes. I was exposed to it in the foreign cinema's Tolkienverse vs. Westeros thread.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2017 04:52 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

I am very well aware of Josh Alexander's stupidity, yes. I was exposed to it in the foreign cinema's Tolkienverse vs. Westeros thread.

Ah, I rarely venture into that area, so missed that one.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2017 04:54 AM
Psychotron

I agree on much. This is what i don't agree to:

Better armor also means slower fighter.

I never said smarter, i said that Bronn was more sly, which is different.

I could see Bronn using candles (like when he did against the Knight) etc.

Except Sandor never appeared slow in his armor. His speed feats are better than most of the characters while wearing said armor.

The Hound has excellent common sense, awareness, and combat experience. Bronn can't surprise him in any way.

Oh no, candles! It's not like Sandor beat Berric while the latter wielded a flaming sword or anything.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2017 09:05 AM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Oh no, candles! It's not like Sandor beat Berric while the latter wielded a flaming sword or anything.

Yeah, why Josh thinks a candle will be some game changer, when Sandor has beaten a guy who was actually using a flaming sword against him, is beyond me.

Also another good example of how badly the Hound outclasses Bronn in strength. The actual final blow cut clean through Beric's sword. Hell, the Hound beat him despite his shield and left arm being on fire.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2017 09:13 AM
Psychotron

Sandor has some of the best strength feats on the show, while being very skilled and quick for his size. Bronn is just not on his level.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2017 09:39 AM
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
I am providing Nemebro with context around why you post the things you do. So, it's relevant. Also, pretty funny how you try to police me here after getting aggressive with me (even trying to bait me by calling me "boy") after I questioned your participation in the Cap slugfest thread.

Also, take your own advice, and start debating reasonably. Because, as things stand, other people have actually been referencing multiple feats and examples as to why Sandor wins, whereas all you have been doing is spouting your opinion about how Bronn's brain magically means he is going to win, despite Sandor's better feats and advantages.

I am a debater TheVaultDweller.

I am here to debate stuff, not to curse people or denigrate anyone.

If you guys want to start behaving all personal and be all poopy ass with those who disagree with you then that is your problem.

I know i have disagree with you in a couple of other threads, doesn't mean i will take things personal and go attack you in other threads.

So yes, i am policing you. Refrain yourself from posting unless you will debate what is written on the title of the thread. wink

Old Post Oct 9th, 2017 05:04 PM
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Sandor has some of the best strength feats on the show, while being very skilled and quick for his size. Bronn is just not on his level.

Okay. I agree.

I still support Bronn. He has fought in more battles than the Hound. And he has survived up to now.

Bronn is sly. If the Hound putts down his guard, i don't doubt Bronn will take the most of it.

Bronn will likely evaluate the Hounds weakspots. Use Hound's anger against him etc.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2017 05:07 PM