KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Is it weird to be 30 without a girlfriend

Is it weird to be 30 without a girlfriend
Started by: TethAdamTheRock

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Raisen

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Digi
No, but it's weird to be 30 and asking these questions on an internet forum.

/srug

kind of agree. just be yourself. don't care what is the norm.

look around. the norm is bs

Old Post Oct 6th, 2017 01:24 AM
Raisen is currently offline Click here to Send Raisen a Private Message Find more posts by Raisen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by Raisen
kind of agree. just be yourself. don't care what is the norm.

look around. the norm is bs

Right. Being single shouldn't have a stigma attached to it, ever. And I'm also not judging in a condescending way when I say it's a little weird to ask. But if you're asking on an internet board, you're either trolling, bored, or there may be some insecurity there. So like you say, just be yourself.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2017 01:26 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raisen

Right. Being single shouldn't have a stigma attached to it, ever. And I'm also not judging in a condescending way when I say it's a little weird to ask. But if you're asking on an internet board, you're either trolling, bored, or there may be some insecurity there. So like you say, just be yourself.

it's insecurity bro. relationships is still a major thing being pushed on people.

it's too bad. the stigma is there for a reason. to push people into something that is lucrative to the system. we need to break free of the conditioning.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2017 01:28 AM
Raisen is currently offline Click here to Send Raisen a Private Message Find more posts by Raisen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

it's insecurity bro. relationships is still a major thing being pushed on people.

it's too bad. the stigma is there for a reason. to push people into something that is lucrative to the system. we need to break free of the conditioning.

Heh. Well. Kind of. Breaking free of a particular expectation can be liberating. I agree wholeheartedly there. But we're social creatures. And sexual creatures. And - with exceptions - primarily heterosexual. There's too much evolutionary precedent to say that it's some system that's fooling us. An industry has sprung up around our desire for relationships, yes. But it's not necessarily the cause of those desires.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2017 01:32 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raisen

Heh. Well. Kind of. Breaking free of a particular expectation can be liberating. I agree wholeheartedly there. But we're social creatures. And sexual creatures. And - with exceptions - primarily heterosexual. There's too much evolutionary precedent to say that it's some system that's fooling us. An industry has sprung up around our desire for relationships, yes. But it's not necessarily the cause of those desires.

it's been twisted. life long partnership is not in our biology IMO. but we all know something is wrong with "courting" now. men just don't know how to do it

Old Post Oct 6th, 2017 01:34 AM
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Promiscuity is disgusting. I have a legit fear of STD's. And then there's the modern day woman. I've heard of horror stories of screwing over the guy by claiming rape.

My standards in terms of devotion are so high, that I wouldn't expect any woman to want to be anywhere near me. I'm talking about consent forms before having sex, thorough prenuptial agreements before marriage, required STD testing, etc.

It's either my way or the high-way. Once I have the money, I plan to get a vasectomy and possibly even chemical castration such that my mind is completely free of irrational influences.

"Technology equals might!" "Evolve or perish"

Old Post Oct 6th, 2017 01:54 AM
Kurk is currently offline Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raisen

Originally posted by Kurk
Promiscuity is disgusting. I have a legit fear of STD's. And then there's the modern day woman. I've heard of horror stories of screwing over the guy by claiming rape.

My standards in terms of devotion are so high, that I wouldn't expect any woman to want to be anywhere near me. I'm talking about consent forms before having sex, thorough prenuptial agreements before marriage, required STD testing, etc.

It's either my way or the high-way. Once I have the money, I plan to get a vasectomy and possibly even chemical castration such that my mind is completely free of irrational influences.

why sweat it at all?

Old Post Oct 6th, 2017 02:01 AM
Sable
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by carthage
I went to a MGTOW convention and my life has never been the same

laughing out loud

Old Post Oct 6th, 2017 02:19 AM
Sable is currently offline Click here to Send Sable a Private Message Find more posts by Sable Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Originally posted by TethAdamTheRock
And is it weird to be 30 without kids
Just a question

No. Dont commit to something you dont have a desire for

Old Post Oct 6th, 2017 02:34 AM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindship
Snap out of it.

No, it's not weird. OTOH, you won't be young forever. At 30, you're already past your physical peak. Heh.

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2017 11:51 AM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

It's not weird.

Unless you're a Batman fan.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Oct 6th, 2017 12:07 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SquallX

Originally posted by Mindship
No, it's not weird. OTOH, you won't be young forever. At 30, you're already past your physical peak. Heh.

That's not necessarily true. I am younger than my buddy. He just hit his 30's, and he's in far better shape than me. We have the same gruling job.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2017 12:07 PM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindship
Snap out of it.

Originally posted by SquallX
That's not necessarily true.
Agreed. There will be exceptions due to factors like exercise and genetics (I myself can probably do more pullups than most untrained men half my age), but generally speaking, it is quite true. By your late 20s, the downslope, however gentle, has begun.

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2017 02:04 PM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Dooku is 80 yet is described to be in better condition than men half his age.

And then there's this guy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfWy2DpUe64

Old Post Oct 6th, 2017 04:29 PM
Kurk is currently offline Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

Dooku is 80 yet is described to be in better condition than men half his age.

And then there's this guy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfWy2DpUe64

It's them midi-chlorians, man.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2017 04:36 PM
ArtificialGlory is currently offline Click here to Send ArtificialGlory a Private Message Find more posts by ArtificialGlory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by ArtificialGlory
It's them midi-chlorians, man.

Not at all. Just look at Sidious.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2017 04:43 PM
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

Not at all. Just look at Sidious.

Yeah, but isn't he actually quite strong and healthy despite his decrepit appearance?

Old Post Oct 6th, 2017 04:45 PM
ArtificialGlory is currently offline Click here to Send ArtificialGlory a Private Message Find more posts by ArtificialGlory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by ArtificialGlory
Yeah, but isn't he actually quite strong and healthy despite his decrepit appearance?
Nope. In the Revenge of the Sith novel Sidious is amazed when he finds that he is still able to run without using the force to help him. His strength and speed come from his power with the force, not his physical being.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2017 06:45 PM
Afro Cheese

?

Originally posted by carthage
??

Dunno I just find the MGTOW movement funny and absurd

quote:
Beliefs

MGTOW use the word gynocentric to describe conditions that favor women to the detriment of men, and are opposed to such circumstances.[8][6] MGTOW believe that there is a systemic gynocentric bias against men including double standards in gender roles, bias against men in family courts, lack of concern for men falsely accused of rape and lack of consequences for their accusers.[9]

Views on heterosexual relationships

According to the columnist Martin Daubney, members of the MGTOW community believe that legal and romantic entanglements with women fail a cost–benefit analysis and risk–benefit analysis.[10] Jeremy Nicholson, writing for Psychology Today, similarly described MGTOW as "guys who have been frustrated and punished to the point that they see no further incentive to relate [to dating] [...], they focus on making themselves happy".[11] Kay Hymowitz has stated that some self-identified MGTOW express discontent because they see women as hypergamous and manipulative.[12] The Business Insider reporter Dylan Love wrote a "fully-realized MGTOW (there are levels to it) is someone who shuns all relationships with women, short-term, long-term, romantic, and otherwise. He eventually shuns society as a whole."[13] Some MGTOW have many short-term relationships or engage in sex with prostitutes.[9] Celibacy, however, is also an option. A MGTOW that chooses celibacy over relationships is said to be "going monk"[14] and some embrace maintaining their virginity.[15][16]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Men_Going_Their_Own_Way

Old Post Oct 6th, 2017 09:16 PM
Afro Cheese is currently offline Click here to Send Afro Cheese a Private Message Find more posts by Afro Cheese Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Sable
laughing out loudlaughing out loud
laughing out loud

Old Post Oct 7th, 2017 01:59 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote