KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Feminism: Is it a bad thing?

Feminism: Is it a bad thing?
Started by: Steve Zodiac

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
socool8520
Life's a garden, Dig it

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Rockydonovang
I was referring to the conservative in the picture who's smiling at his life threatening condition.

Well stick figures tend to be skinny. lol

Old Post Oct 31st, 2017 04:50 AM
socool8520 is currently offline Click here to Send socool8520 a Private Message Find more posts by socool8520 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MythLord
Diamond

Feminism isn't, but misandry is.

"Hello, Starlight."

Old Post Oct 31st, 2017 07:34 AM
MythLord is currently offline Click here to Send MythLord a Private Message Find more posts by MythLord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Your Mum know you use words like that?

Old Post Oct 31st, 2017 09:09 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

This actually fits here too now that I think about it:

Originally posted by Surtur
LMFAO, how did I miss this when it came out? It's from January.

Reasons the commercial says women need not just equal pay, but need to get more than men:

-their haircuts are more expensive
-their underwear is more expensive
-men don't need new outfits for every occasion
-men don't know shoes "make the outfit"
-men don't know the joy of choosing the right shoe

Questions raised in the commercial by the narrator: Should we seriously get paid less than someone who applies body lotion to his face?

I can't even tell if this is satire.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2017 03:04 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

@ Adam_Poe:

By the same token, Rosa Parks was not the first black woman who took a stand on bus seating discrimination. Civil rights leaders rejected a few other courageous women, on account of their skin tone being "too dark" for white people to sympathise with.

I understand that pragmatism is a fact of life, but my problem is that one persons political expediancy is anothers hyprocrisy.

At the least, I feel there should be rules of engagement where sides only call the other team out on genuines grievances. Instead, you have both sides being hypocritical, and calling each other out for the exact same/similar hypocrisy.

And the "All's fair in war" doesn't sit well with me. Villiages get annihilated by two sides of a conflict all the time.. I want whatever side I support to at least value ethical conduct, and try NOT to do whatever works, no matter how unsavory..

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2017 03:42 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by cdtm
@ Adam_Poe:

By the same token, Rosa Parks was not the first black woman who took a stand on bus seating discrimination. Civil rights leaders rejected a few other courageous women, on account of their skin tone being "too dark" for white people to sympathise with.

Yeah, wasn't there like a 15 yr. old girl who did it too?

Old Post Oct 31st, 2017 03:45 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stigma
Herald of the Judgement

Feminism >>>>>> Second Wave Feminism > Third Wave Feminism

Old Post Oct 31st, 2017 08:59 PM
Stigma is currently offline Click here to Send Stigma a Private Message Find more posts by Stigma Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Why is the gap between the second and third wave not bigger?

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Oct 31st, 2017 09:02 PM
Emperordmb is currently offline Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

To answer the OP's question: YES

Old Post Oct 31st, 2017 09:03 PM
Stigma
Herald of the Judgement

Originally posted by Emperordmb
Why is the gap between the second and third wave not bigger?

A matter of taste tbh. But you may be onto something thumb up

Old Post Oct 31st, 2017 09:05 PM
Stigma is currently offline Click here to Send Stigma a Private Message Find more posts by Stigma Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Modern Feminism is just proof of the old adage of that The Left Poisons everything it touches.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2017 09:07 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Foxsteak
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Stigma
A matter of taste tbh. But you may be onto something thumb up
Third wave feminism is literally retarded.

InfoBoards: 1 millionth post game regains popularity! . Stockholm syndrome has spread throughout KMC . Surtur reports a "change" in the forum . Super Noodles Vitality only £1.00 . AAAARGH!

Old Post Oct 31st, 2017 09:42 PM
Foxsteak is currently offline Click here to Send Foxsteak a Private Message Find more posts by Foxsteak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Foxsteak
Third wave feminism is literally retarded.

Funny thing is...there are countries where feminism is still needed. But these feminists don't care.

So you have 3rd wave feminists whining about 11st world problems. Meanwhile in some countries women are now just getting the ability to drive a car lol.

Progress? Maybe?

Old Post Oct 31st, 2017 10:27 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Robtard
Equality is great. The people I see who have a problem with Feminism usually do not understand what the current use of the word means. They believes it's about male oppression and cry out as such.

^

I like how so many went on to prove my first post correct. Thanks guys thumb up

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Oct 31st, 2017 10:30 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

^

It's more that a lot of third wave feminists don't understand what it's about.

Don't blame others if these dipshits are too stupid to be actual feminists.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2017 10:31 PM
Flyattractor

Robbie just quoted himself to prove his own point.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Oct 31st, 2017 10:33 PM
Foxsteak
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Flyattractor
Robbie just quoted himself to prove his own point.

(please log in to view the image)
And the post is about him thinking people are concerned about male oppression.

InfoBoards: 1 millionth post game regains popularity! . Stockholm syndrome has spread throughout KMC . Surtur reports a "change" in the forum . Super Noodles Vitality only £1.00 . AAAARGH!

Old Post Oct 31st, 2017 10:40 PM
Foxsteak is currently offline Click here to Send Foxsteak a Private Message Find more posts by Foxsteak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

^

Because people who identify as part of the feminist movement use the excuse of "gender equality" to push a bunch of ridiculous or anti-male sexist shit...

Just like the same people who identify as anti-racist, such as Steve Zodiac, that push for things that are blatantly racist through the effect of racial discrimination, or another example of this is the DNC trying to discourage straight white men from applying for a job to make things "more diverse" or the BBC holding special training and positions exclusively open to racial minorities or women, in effect discriminating against white men.

Or the people who identify with the political movement Antifa who are a bunch of violent political ideologues who generally advocate for communism and who are anti-free speech, but people give them a pass because they identify as being against fascism.

You can't throw around a slogan or movement name that you define as a specific principle and use it to excuse the horrendous shit done in the name of the movement.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Oct 31st, 2017 10:47 PM
Emperordmb is currently offline Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam_PoE

Originally posted by cdtm
@ Adam_Poe:

I understand that pragmatism is a fact of life, but my problem is that one persons political expediancy is anothers hyprocrisy.

At the least, I feel there should be rules of engagement where sides only call the other team out on genuines grievances. Instead, you have both sides being hypocritical, and calling each other out for the exact same/similar hypocrisy.

And the "All's fair in war" doesn't sit well with me. Villiages get annihilated by two sides of a conflict all the time.. I want whatever side I support to at least value ethical conduct, and try NOT to do whatever works, no matter how unsavory..

Rosa Parks was chosen, because the first young woman was a teenage girl who was pregnant out of wedlock.

Political expediency is not hypocrisy, it is realism. The African-American Civil Rights Movement was not necessarily against Communists, homosexuals, or unmarried teenage mothers, but they knew the group to whom they needed to appeal was. That is a minority, who needs the support of the majority if they hope to secure any rights for marginalized peoples, recognizing the reality on the ground. In that situation, they could take the moral high ground and get nowhere with the people they needed to help them, or they could sideline controversial supporters, so they could actually get something done.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2017 10:49 PM
Adam_PoE is currently offline Click here to Send Adam_PoE a Private Message Find more posts by Adam_PoE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Originally posted by Foxsteak
And the post is about him thinking people are concerned about male oppression.

There are studies that show that being a Leftist Progressive does actually lower your testosterone. So yeah. Being a Beta Cuck makes you more likely to be a Leftist.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2017 10:55 PM