KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » The new Marvel Cinematic Universe and its future

The new Marvel Cinematic Universe and its future
Started by: BruceSkywalker

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (20): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
quanchi112
Disney

quote: (post)
Originally posted by CPT Space Bomb
That I agree with. Thanos is the Space version of Dr. Doom. He's more powerful, but they are very much alike; moreso than you're implying.

They both are highly intelligent, have gained god-like power, ruled worlds/galaxy...etc...

They both speak in a unique style, and their motives are generally a mystery to anyone that is not themselves..... I love both characters but you're shitting on Doom. Thanos is getting the big screen credit HE DESERVES... I hope that Doom will in the future by also being brought under the MCU banner.
Thanos is the end all be all for me. He doesn't share his throne. I also never cared for Doom either. Wouldn't mind him added to the MCU but my excitement is for Surfer, Galactus, Annihilus (imagine the Negative Zone invading), there are so many rogues and ideas from the FF.

Old Post Nov 30th, 2017 02:42 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Dr. Doom has the potential to be the single greatest HERO of the entire Marvel Universe...............if he could only get over himself. #megalomaniac

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Nov 30th, 2017 02:45 AM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Well he currently is a hero in the comics.

Old Post Nov 30th, 2017 02:45 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Originally posted by Kazenji
Well he currently is a hero in the comics.

Really?!? When did this happen?

Last time I read a Dr. Doom comic was when Brian Michael Bendis was writing Mighty Avengers.

I'm mostly a Vertigo and Image fan nowadays.

Old Post Nov 30th, 2017 02:47 AM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by Impediment
Really?!? When did this happen?

Last time I read a Dr. Doom comic was when Brian Michael Bendis was writing Mighty Avengers.

I'm mostly a Vertigo and Image fan nowadays.

He's been going around in a Iron Man suit these days

also gone out of his way to help out the the current lineup of Avengers.

Last edited by Kazenji on Nov 30th, 2017 at 02:52 AM

Old Post Nov 30th, 2017 02:49 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CPT Space Bomb
Emperor Doom

Originally posted by quanchi112
my excitement is for Surfer, Galactus, Annihilus (imagine the Negative Zone invading), there are so many rogues and ideas from the FF.
True. Doom is unquestionably the best FF villain, but Galactus, Surfer, Annihilus and other characters from the FF rogues gallery would be epic.

Also, if the MCU gets rights to Fantastic Four, they could do the Annihilation storyline....that would be incredible.

So what about my comments made your ass so sore? Was it me calling you a phaggot? I think not." - Nemebro

Old Post Nov 30th, 2017 02:57 AM
CPT Space Bomb is currently offline Click here to Send CPT Space Bomb a Private Message Find more posts by CPT Space Bomb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

True. Doom is unquestionably the best FF villain, but Galactus, Surfer, Annihilus and other characters from the FF rogues gallery would be epic.

Also, if the MCU gets rights to Fantastic Four, they could do the Annihilation storyline....that would be incredible.
That was one of the best comic book arcs ever IMO. Imagine Galactus being captured and letting lose the three star system destroying blast on screen after he was set free.

Old Post Nov 30th, 2017 03:02 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CPT Space Bomb
Emperor Doom

Originally posted by quanchi112
That was one of the best comic book arcs ever IMO. Imagine Galactus being captured and letting lose the three star system destroying blast on screen after he was set free.
Yah, I loved pretty much everything about that storyline. And Annihilus really got a chance to shine.

So what about my comments made your ass so sore? Was it me calling you a phaggot? I think not." - Nemebro

Old Post Nov 30th, 2017 03:07 AM
CPT Space Bomb is currently offline Click here to Send CPT Space Bomb a Private Message Find more posts by CPT Space Bomb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Yah, I loved pretty much everything about that storyline. And Annihilus really got a chance to shine.
Syrfer could really cut loose in that storyline but if they do another mega threat it'll be years down the road. That's the only disappointing thing is how long it'll take to see it. Hell, we still have two parter avengers film to see first.

Old Post Nov 30th, 2017 03:09 AM
roughrider
Thunderer

One big difference between Thanos and Doom is that filmmakers have to bend over backwards in the movies apologising for & explaining Doom's name. To the casual moviegoer it's like calling someone Dr. Evil. Doom was created in a more innocent time for comics. (Although that didn't stop Chris Claremont creating Mister Sinister in the 1980's, a name you will never hear without snickering in any X-Men movie. stick out tongue)

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Nov 30th, 2017 03:28 AM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Insane Titan

Thanos isn’t a copy of DS, he’s based upon Metron. At least try and get your facts right.

Doom is a poor mans Thanos in every aspect.

Um, NO. He IS based on Darkseid. Sure, originally Starlin was inspired by Metron but he was told to "Beef him up" because if he was going to rip off a New God, he was told to rip off Darkseid.

And it's pretty fkng obvious to anyone with a brain that Thanos and Darkseid are counterparts in the comics. I like Thanos and he's probably my third favorite villain in Marvel behind Doom and Magneto. And of course, he's more powerful than those 2 inherently...

Anyway, I still feel Doom is Marvel's best villain if we look at the history of Marvel Comics. Both Doom and Thanos have had great storylines like Secret War and Infinity Gauntlet...both have been the most powerful person in the comics save TOAA before....both are legendary. But Doom has been doing it longer and was an original creation (i.e. wasn't taken from something else.)
It doesn’t matter what he was told to after his creation, he created Thanos based on Metron as he wanted Thanos to act the way Metron did. Starlin says this himself , your bullshit ranting won’t change that.

The rest of your post is just horseshit. Doom needs others help regularly to complete his goals and can’t defeat his arch nemesis.

Old Post Nov 30th, 2017 09:52 AM
Insane Titan is currently offline Click here to Send Insane Titan a Private Message Find more posts by Insane Titan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CPT Space Bomb
Emperor Doom

Insane Titan, stop being butthurt about the obvious.

I love Thanos but DESPITE what he was initially thought up as, he is the Marvel version of Darkseid. Again, if you have a brain in your skull you should be able to see that.

As far as Doom "needing others"? I suppose if you're talking about his genius and the way he outsmarts, tricks and manipulates others to gain significant power upgrades then sure. It's one of the reasons why he's considered the master of prep.

Kinda like how Thanos is relying on the Infinity Stones to amp his power.

Old Post Nov 30th, 2017 01:41 PM
Impediment
Endless

Thanos is Marvel’s Darkseid.

Old Post Nov 30th, 2017 03:04 PM
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Impediment
Thanos is Marvel’s Darkseid.
**** no. Thanos is his own man and Darkseid isn't shit compared to him now. The general public is aware of Thanos now. Darkseid will never live up to the man Thanos has been in comic and very soon cinematic history.

Old Post Nov 30th, 2017 03:46 PM
Insane Titan

Insane Titan, stop being butthurt about the obvious.

I love Thanos but DESPITE what he was initially thought up as, he is the Marvel version of Darkseid. Again, if you have a brain in your skull you should be able to see that.

As far as Doom "needing others"? I suppose if you're talking about his genius and the way he outsmarts, tricks and manipulates others to gain significant power upgrades then sure. It's one of the reasons why he's considered the master of prep.

Kinda like how Thanos is relying on the Infinity Stones to amp his power.
There is nothing to be butt hurt over you Moron, you are straight up wrong according to Starlin.

Who cares if you love Thanos , your opinion means nothing as the guy who created him opinion as above yours as fact.

He can’t even overcome read Richards. Gaining external power artifacts is t needing other people’s help ffs it’s not hard to understand. Thanos came up with the idea to combine the gems creating the gauntlet.

Old Post Nov 30th, 2017 04:02 PM
Insane Titan is currently offline Click here to Send Insane Titan a Private Message Find more posts by Insane Titan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

IMO The only Avengers villains that could get me as hyped as Thanos are Doom and Galactus. Marvel getting the rights to FF back needs to happen ASAP. Their rogues gallery isn't anything to scoff at

PWNT

Old Post Nov 30th, 2017 06:39 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

If they get the rights back they could also use Annihilus for Annihilation wave etc.

Besides Surfer and Galactus, they would get Gladiator, Super Skrull, all the past heralds of Galactus, Mojoverse, Mr. Sinister, Kang and more im forgetting.

Last edited by Inhuman on Nov 30th, 2017 at 06:49 PM

Old Post Nov 30th, 2017 06:46 PM
Inhuman is currently offline Click here to Send Inhuman a Private Message Find more posts by Inhuman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Originally posted by Inhuman
If they get the rights back they could also use Annihilus for Annihilation wave etc.

Besides Surfer and Galactus, they would get Gladiator, Super Skrull, all the past heralds of Galactus, Mojoverse, Mr. Sinister, and more im forgetting.
I'd lol if they did a skrull invasion arc

Annihilus and the Negative Zone would be absolutely epic, although I'd rather see both in an FF movie first IMO

PWNT

Old Post Nov 30th, 2017 06:48 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Inhuman

Besides Surfer and Galactus, they would get Gladiator, Super Skrull, all the past heralds of Galactus, Mojoverse, Mr. Sinister, Kang and more im forgetting.
I also agree and mentioned the Annihilus storyline. Imagine seeing the Galactus 3 star system destroying blast on the big screen. That storyline was one of the best of all time. Negative Zone invasion and to see the Surfer go after Ravenous.

Old Post Nov 30th, 2017 06:53 PM
CPT Space Bomb
Emperor Doom

Dunno why I can't quote Insane Titan....****ing annoying.

Anyway, you are wrong, period. Starlin designed Thanos after Metron AT FIRST...but he ended up making him after Darkseid when it was all said and done. He admits as much in the interview. No one compares Thanos to Metron you goof. It's Thanos and Darkseid.

As far as Doom, um; again you are completely off your rocker and apparently know nothing of the character other than just parroting what other people say.

I can list many Doom storylines where he outdoes Richards. Secret Wars, Emperor Doom, Loftier than Mortals...etc...

Either way, the villains never TRULY win anyway, so your very point is retarded. Just admit you're wrong and move on it'll do you good.

Last edited by CPT Space Bomb on Nov 30th, 2017 at 08:36 PM

Old Post Nov 30th, 2017 08:32 PM