KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: TV Series » Star Wars: The Mandalorian - Discussion Thread

Star Wars: The Mandalorian - Discussion Thread
Started by: Darth Thor

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (56): « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Palpatine existed in the OT before the Prequels, butthurt Prequel fans have to ride the coattails of a superior trilogy

Your criticism sucks ass

No one looks back fondly on AOTC or TPM.

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Oct 21st, 2019 08:03 AM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

The Prequels are better than Disney Wars [SPOILER - highlight to read]: and Infinity War/Endgame.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2019 08:37 AM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by carthage
Palpatine existed in the OT before the Prequels, butthurt Prequel fans have to ride the coattails of a superior trilogy

Your criticism sucks ass

No one looks back fondly on AOTC or TPM.

He was introduced in the final film of the OT. But its the PT that developed him and made him as popular as he is today. He is Primarily a PT (and EU) Villain.

As for the rest you sound really butthurt laughing out loud

Old Post Oct 21st, 2019 09:52 AM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Darth Thor
He was introduced in the final film of the OT. But its the PT that developed him and made him as popular as he is today. He is Primarily a PT (and EU) Villain.

As for the rest you sound really butthurt laughing out loud

Wait, what? He's the main antagonist in ROTJ. The prequels might have expanded on his story, but he was still very much a major villain in the OT.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2019 01:55 PM
Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by -Pr-
Wait, what? He's the main antagonist in ROTJ. The prequels might have expanded on his story, but he was still very much a major villain in the OT.

He was obviously the main bad guy of ROTJ. But His popularity is mainly due to the prequels. Heck we didnt even get his name in ROTJ.

Vader was the main villain of the OT. Palpatine only in ROTJ with the purpose of making the main villain of the OT a sympathetic and redeemable character.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2019 09:12 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Palpatine's whole schtick is appearing in third films for the sake of redeeming other characters really.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2019 08:35 AM
Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

He was obviously the main bad guy of ROTJ. But His popularity is mainly due to the prequels. Heck we didnt even get his name in ROTJ.

Vader was the main villain of the OT. Palpatine only in ROTJ with the purpose of making the main villain of the OT a sympathetic and redeemable character.

Honestly, I'm not sure I agree. Though I can see why someone could see things your way, so I can't argue either.

Originally posted by Bentley
Palpatine's whole schtick is appearing in third films for the sake of redeeming other characters really.

laughing out loud

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2019 06:09 PM
Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by -Pr-
Honestly, I'm not sure I agree. Though I can see why someone could see things your way, so I can't argue either.

Fair enough.

On top of Palpatines return though there was the Maul cameo in Solo and then theres the Ewan McGregor Obi-Wan series confirmed.

So does few like they are trying to get Prequel fans back on board. A big change given how when Force Awakens came out they were pretty much distancing themselves from all things Prequel.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2019 10:55 PM
Zenwolf

So 2nd trailer came out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmI7WKrAtqs

Again looks nice and actiony, but I'm still kinda skeptical given well...everything else. Just cause something is made by someone good, doesn't mean that it can't fail anyway.

Still from what's shown in the trailer, it looks neat. I just hope what the trailer shows, isn't all the good stuff.

Although wtf is that Trooper doing at 0:58?...His gun is clearly so far passed the door, that isn't necessary and gives you away..why?..

Old Post Oct 29th, 2019 02:49 AM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Looks solid; far better then the previous trailer. Looking forward to torrenting this. thumb up

Old Post Oct 29th, 2019 04:10 AM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

I’m looking forward to watching it online

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Oct 29th, 2019 11:45 AM
Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mendax
Hand of God

Originally posted by Zenwolf
So 2nd trailer came out.

Again looks nice and actiony, but I'm still kinda skeptical given well...everything else. Just cause something is made by someone good, doesn't mean that it can't fail anyway.

Still from what's shown in the trailer, it looks neat. I just hope what the trailer shows, isn't all the good stuff.

Although wtf is that Trooper doing at 0:58?...His gun is clearly so far passed the door, that isn't necessary and gives you away..why?..
laughing out loud You are a habitual nitpicker when it comes to all things Disney. Your pessimism is almost comical at this point.

This trailer looks fantastic tho. Can't wait to watch this. big grin

Old Post Oct 29th, 2019 01:20 PM
Click here to Send Mendax a Private Message Find more posts by Mendax Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Originally posted by Mendax
laughing out loud You are a habitual nitpicker when it comes to all things Disney. Your pessimism is almost comical at this point.

This trailer looks fantastic tho. Can't wait to watch this. big grin

It’s not everything, this does look good as I said, I’m just being careful because trailers can make things look great with action and effects, but can turn out to be bad in the end.

If you’re meaning the scene I pointed to. I mean come on, that clearly is dumb, no one would really do that.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2019 01:44 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by Zenwolf
So 2nd trailer came out.

Very much looking forward to this. thumb up

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Oct 29th, 2019 02:00 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Looks great. Just dont like this new trend of final trailers giving no clue to the plot.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2019 10:20 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Looks great. Just dont like this new trend of final trailers giving no clue to the plot.

I like it actually. Looking forward to the story unfolding before me; not knowing.

Eight more days!

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Nov 4th, 2019 07:49 PM
Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Bentley
thumb up truest quote ever? Maybe!

Old Post Nov 4th, 2019 08:22 PM
Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Robtard
I like it actually. Looking forward to the story unfolding before me; not knowing.

Eight more days!

Lucky you.

We still have no confirmed date for Disney Plus here.

No idea how im gonna avoid spoilers...

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: they are really begging me to illegally download arent they?

Old Post Nov 4th, 2019 10:21 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Lucky you.

We still have no confirmed date for Disney Plus here.

No idea how im gonna avoid spoilers...

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: they are really begging me to illegally download arent they?

They certainly seem to be doing just that.

What I'm doing and yes, I blame them for making me do it. I have no choice.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Nov 4th, 2019 10:29 PM
Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

The extremely brief synopses of the first 3 episodes...

quote:
The Mandalorian: Chapter One (Nov 12)
A Mandalorian bounty hunter tracks a target for a well-paying client.

Directed By: Dave Filoni (Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Star Wars: Rebels)

Written By: Jon Favreau

The Mandalorian: Chapter Two (Nov 15)
Target in-hand, The Mandalorian must now contend with scavengers.

Directed By: Rick Famuyiwa (Dope, The Chi)

The Mandalorian: Chapter Three (Nov 22)
The battered Mandalorian returns to his client for reward.

Directed By: Deborah Chow (Jessica Jones, American Gods, Better Call Saul)

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Nov 10th, 2019 at 01:44 PM

Old Post Nov 10th, 2019 01:24 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote