KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Mass Shootings in America Thread

Mass Shootings in America Thread
Started by: Robtard

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (263): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Scribble

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Firefly218
Disregard what surt just said. It's not about whites vs blacks vs mexicans vs muslims. Statistics show the highest rates of violence come from those in poverty and those without education. It just so happens that black people tend to be in more poverty and have less education.
And less access to education. You want to 'change black culture'? Give poor black people more opportunities to get educated and leave the ghettos that so many young black people get stuck in.

(I don't literally mean you btw, but you probs got that)

Old Post Nov 15th, 2017 12:50 AM
Scribble is currently offline Click here to Send Scribble a Private Message Find more posts by Scribble Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Scribble
Yeah, and you posited a way of cutting that down, right? So let's go back to the white guys, since you already covered the black guys. Most of the major shootings that happen are white guys, too. Las Vegas, most school shootings, Sandy Hook. Not to say other cultures don't do it too, in fact the US is very multicultural in its psychotic murderers, so props for that.

My thing is they will harp on whites for mass shootings, but not harp on blacks for committing the majority of shootings overall.

But anyways, I have no problem with increasing mental health care or whatever. IF there are not already laws about people who already owned guns for a while and then were said to be mentally ill...we do need some, though I'd be surprised if there were not.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2017 12:50 AM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scribble

Originally posted by Surtur
My thing is they will harp on whites for mass shootings, but not harp on blacks for committing the majority of shootings overall.

But anyways, I have no problem with increasing mental health care or whatever. IF there are not already laws about people who already owned guns for a while and then were said to be mentally ill...we do need some, though I'd be surprised if there were not.
Well, fair enough, but you seem to have put in more thought about how to stop violence committed by everyone non-white a lot more than you have those who are white. And what about 'black on black' crime? There may be high numbers for shootings committed by black people but it is mostly other black people on the end of those shootings, as opposed to the indiscriminate rampages of the Mad White Man.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2017 12:53 AM
Scribble is currently offline Click here to Send Scribble a Private Message Find more posts by Scribble Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

And less access to education. You want to 'change black culture'? Give poor black people more opportunities to get educated and leave the ghettos that so many young black people get stuck in.

thumb up

For 100s of years black people in America were enslaved and denied education, it's not surprising that they're still suffering the residual effects of that today. Educate poor and bring them out of the dirt, that's how you solve inner city woes. Not with martial law or abusive cops.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2017 12:55 AM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Well, fair enough, but you seem to have put in more thought about how to stop violence committed by everyone non-white a lot more than you have those who are white. And what about 'black on black' crime? There may be high numbers for shootings committed by black people but it is mostly other black people on the end of those shootings, as opposed to the indiscriminate rampages of the Mad White Man.

I put into more thought because I think it needs it. People tend to not ignore white crime. We tend to not riot when whites are killed by cops, there is no code among whites that you don't snitch on a piece of shit, either.

If I thought people were ignoring white folk killing other folk I'd be focused on it. But I see my city torn apart by violence, nobody cares because it's an unpleasant subject.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2017 12:56 AM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scribble

thumb up

For 100s of years black people in America were enslaved and denied education, it's not surprising that they're still suffering the residual effects of that today. Educate poor and bring them out of the dirt, that's how you solve inner city woes. Not with martial law or abusive cops.
Education is the key to everything imo. When more (hopefully one day all) Americans have access to better education, I believe crime rates would drop, gang culture would be less pronounced, and actual integration would be witnessed.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2017 12:58 AM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

It's not just poor blacks that get robbed of educational opportunities. So many public schools are dog shit here. You either need to be in one of the more pricey and safer parts of Chicago or you need to live in the suburbs.

The people in the trailer parks deal with the same shit, but manage to not have the same murder rate.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2017 12:58 AM
Robtard
Senor Member

Of course social stigmas do nothing either I assume...

BTW, still would love to now what your "fix" for White attackers is, Surt?

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Nov 15th, 2017 01:00 AM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Disregard what surt just said. It's not about whites vs blacks vs mexicans vs muslims. Statistics show the highest rates of violence come from those in poverty and those without education. It just so happens that black people tend to be in more poverty and have less education.

Firefly, this is disingenuous of you bro. Straight up. You know as well as I do we had a variety of people in the left leaning media talking about whites specifically after these shootings in Las Vegas. It wasn't "people in poverty". It was white males.

You personally might believe otherwise, but that doesn't change what we get fed by our MSM.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2017 01:01 AM
Scribble

It's not just poor blacks that get robbed of educational opportunities. So many public schools are dog shit here. You either need to be in one of the more pricey and safer parts of Chicago or you need to live in the suburbs.

The people in the trailer parks deal with the same shit, but manage to not have the same murder rate.
Well idk then. Like I say, I'm a Brit, I find it hard to judge a culture (I mean the US as a whole) based on statistics. Stats are useful and all, but without context, they mean next to nothing, so I don't really know what to take away from it other than just shaking my head and thinking "y'all Americans are crazy and need to sort your shit out"

Old Post Nov 15th, 2017 01:01 AM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Well idk then. Like I say, I'm a Brit, I find it hard to judge a culture (I mean the US as a whole) based on statistics. Stats are useful and all, but without context, they mean next to nothing, so I don't really know what to take away from it other than just shaking my head and thinking "y'all Americans are crazy and need to sort your shit out"

Your schools are probably different/better. We're doing really bad here.

Hell I PAID for my schooling lol. Okay me mum and dad did, but they paid cash money. My school was dog shit. My grammar school had NO GYM. We had a hall with a stage for putting on plays. We held gym there. The equipment we had was shit.

My high school? Dog shit in terms of facilities, etc. My friends in the suburbs, going to free public school? Awesome schools, at least some of them. My friend was walking around with an exotic bird in an after school class. We had...after school stuff about trains? Yeah..

Old Post Nov 15th, 2017 01:05 AM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Robtard
Of course social stigmas do nothing either I assume...

BTW, still would love to now what your "fix" for White attackers is, Surt?

What would your fix be, may I ask? Or do you even have one? My fix would be just enforce gun laws more. If we are lax in laws when it comes to mental illness change them.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2017 01:07 AM
Scribble

Your schools are probably different/better. We're doing really bad here.

Hell I PAID for my schooling lol. Okay me mum and dad did, but they paid cash money. My school was dog shit. My grammar school had NO GYM. We had a hall with a stage for putting on plays. We held gym there. The equipment we had was shit.

My high school? Dog shit in terms of facilities, etc. My friends in the suburbs, going to free public school? Awesome schools, at least some of them. My friend was walking around with an exotic bird in an after school class. We had...after school stuff about trains? Yeah..
Not really, my school was ****ing shit as well. I think the schooling system is overall better here but it's still pretty paltry. However, everyone (I think?) has access to it, so that's a plus.

So yeah, education, that's the key. I'm tellin' ya.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2017 01:08 AM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Not really, my school was ****ing shit as well. I think the schooling system is overall better here but it's still pretty paltry. However, everyone (I think?) has access to it, so that's a plus.

So yeah, education, that's the key. I'm tellin' ya.

Not just education. We need more fathers in the household. Especially in the black communities. We know the stats on single mothers and how those kids are more likely to end up in jail, etc. And yep, unpleasant truth alert: it occurs far more in black communities. Not by a little bit,VASTLY more.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2017 01:09 AM
Scribble

Not just education. We need more fathers in the household. Especially in the black communities. We know the stats on single mothers and how those kids are more likely to end up in jail, etc.
Education would help people have kids at an age when they don't want to suddenly abandon them, I guess. Sex ed, etc.

Parent ed. should be a thing.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2017 01:09 AM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Education would help people have kids at an age when they don't want to suddenly abandon them, I guess. Sex ed, etc.

Parent ed. should be a thing.

It might, but a father in the home would make it more likely the kid gets said education(and stays with it) that tells him "don't bang a chick without a condom, especially if you're like 15".

We can't afford to wait for the next generation to come and start being fathers at home. We need it now.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2017 01:12 AM
Scribble

It might, but a father in the home would make it more likely the kid gets said education(and stays with it) that tells him "don't bang a chick without a condom, especially if you're like 15".

We can't afford to wait for the next generation to come and start being fathers at home. We need it now.
Getting people into education is easier for a culture, society or government to do than making sure fathers don't run away. More practical.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2017 01:13 AM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Getting people into education is easier for a culture, society or government to do than making sure fathers don't run away. More practical.

And they are more likely to drop out, etc. in a single parent household. So you see how both are needed?

Old Post Nov 15th, 2017 01:18 AM
Robtard
Senor Member

@surtur

The gun laws we have are enforced though, so how is that the "fix" for White attackers?

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Nov 15th, 2017 01:19 AM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Robtard
@surtur

The gun laws we have are enforced though, so how is that the "fix" for White attackers?

Them being properly enforced would have prevented the guy in Texas from getting a gun legally.

So what are your solutions? I await you to just drop this huge knowledge bomb on me, give me the answer to curbing this.

Other than banning guns all together, of course.

EDIT: Well I'm heading out for the night, I'll have to read your solutions tomorrow.

Last edited by Surtur on Nov 15th, 2017 at 01:23 AM

Old Post Nov 15th, 2017 01:20 AM