KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Lord Of Thunder Thor vs JL Superman

Lord Of Thunder Thor vs JL Superman
Started by: Adam Grimes

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Placidity
Chief Executive Officer

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Silent Master
Other than known trolls like quan I don't know anyone that would disagree about Superman being stronger and faster.

It's not hard to prove at all, you just have to compare their various hand-to-hand feats. As an example during Thor Ragnarok he showed far more skill in his fights with the Hulk and Hela than Superman ever has.

I didn't say it is hard to prove that Thor is more skilled.

I said it would be hard to prove that everyone believes Thor is more skilled but won't "admit" it.

Old Post Dec 14th, 2017 09:42 AM
Placidity is currently offline Click here to Send Placidity a Private Message Find more posts by Placidity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Okay, I'll admit there may be a few people out there that are so incredibly biased that they can't see the truth even when it's smacking them in the face and calling them Susan.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Dec 14th, 2017 09:46 AM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheGrat1

Originally posted by FrothByte
Faora and Namek couldn't fly, had no heat vision or frost breath, had only hours of exposure to yellow sun whereas Superman had a lifetime, and both had helmets on that limited their exposure to earth's atmosphere. Like I said, not on Superman's power level.

None of JL were at Superman's power level and neither was Steppenwolf.

Only Zod and Doomsday were at Superman's power level and only Zod was skilled. Or at least he claims to be skilled. Honestly he never showed it. Plus Superman had backup against Doomsday.

Without Superman's speed advantage he wouldn't even land a hit on Thor. And I don't recall any durability feats from Superman that puts him above Hulk's durability, and Thor hurt Hulk with his fists just fine.

So having a high degree of fighting skill combined with strength and durability makes one a brick now eh? Guess the definition of brick has gone through some changes. Guess that makes the Winter Soldier a brick in your book as well.

Faora and Nam-Ek had been within range of earth's yellow sun for nearly an entire day. Nam-Ek matched Kal's strength on multiple occasions and Faora his speed. They did not have his more exotic abilities but they were his peers in strength, speed, and durability. Which is more than I can say for Stepp and Thor.

He landed hits on Faora, Zod, and Nam-Ek with no speed advantage but Thor is apparently Floyd Mayweather. Please, Iron Man can tag him.

Zod's skill is evident. He was countering the shit out of Kal in Metropolis. He lost because of luck and plot.
(please log in to view the image)

"I don't recall.....Hulk's level of durability."

Shrugs it off. Keep in mind that Kal would have gone even higher if he had 1: not hit the building and 2: not been able to slow himself down via flight.

Hulk was dazed after this hit. A toss From Faora would have put Hulk through the plane. Hulk was also bleeding after being hit with chitauri energy attacks wheras Kal could not be penetrated by a nuke while weakened. Hell, there was not even 1 trickle of blood on his face after having it cut open by kryptonite. And to top it off, Hulk was Ko'd by Iron Man.

If Thing from the comics knew kung fu, would he stop being a brick?

"High degree of fighting skill." Please, feel free to post examples of Kurse's fighting skill, gifs preferably.

Old Post Dec 14th, 2017 10:45 AM
TheGrat1 is currently offline Click here to Send TheGrat1 a Private Message Find more posts by TheGrat1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheGrat1

It says that not only is Thor highly-skilled but he also has very impressive durability. Meanwhile by feats Superman has been shown to have almost no hand-to-hand skills.

So when Thor gets beaten down by bricks with skill on par with Superman, it means he has high skill and great durability. But with Faora, Nam, and Zod it means their skill is nothing to write home about. Interesting.

It's rather telling that everyone including Thor fans have no problem agreeing that dceu Superman is stronger and faster than MCU Thor, however no one on the Superman side can bring themselves to admit that Thor was shown to be far more skilled.

MCU Thor is vastly more skilled than DCEU Superman in virtually every concievable type of combat. I do not know who would say otherwise. However, I do not believe the skill gap to be capable of overcoming the stat gap between the two, even with speed equalized.

Last edited by TheGrat1 on Dec 14th, 2017 at 10:55 AM

Old Post Dec 14th, 2017 10:51 AM
TheGrat1 is currently offline Click here to Send TheGrat1 a Private Message Find more posts by TheGrat1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Thor showed far more skill in the Ragnarok movie than Superman ever has.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Dec 14th, 2017 10:56 AM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Thor still gets beat down, though.

Old Post Dec 14th, 2017 11:43 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Placidity
Chief Executive Officer

Originally posted by TheGrat1
[...]

Zod's skill is evident. He was countering the shit out of Kal in Metropolis. He lost because of luck and plot.

[*** images removed for brevity ***]

Shrugs it off. Keep in mind that Kal would have gone even higher if he had 1: not hit the building and 2: not been able to slow himself down via flight.

Hulk was dazed after this hit. A toss From Faora would have put Hulk through the plane. Hulk was also bleeding after being hit with chitauri energy attacks wheras Kal could not be penetrated by a nuke while weakened. Hell, there was not even 1 trickle of blood on his face after having it cut open by kryptonite. And to top it off, Hulk was Ko'd by Iron Man.

"High degree of fighting skill." Please, feel free to post examples of Kurse's fighting skill, gifs preferably.

Good post, especially that direct comparison of the uppercut at the end.

There is another scene in Ranarok where Lord of Thunder Thor hits Hulk with a lightning punch, and Hulk gets knocked a few feet in the air.

Last edited by Placidity on Dec 14th, 2017 at 11:52 AM

Old Post Dec 14th, 2017 11:47 AM
Placidity is currently offline Click here to Send Placidity a Private Message Find more posts by Placidity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

MCU Thor is vastly more skilled than DCEU Superman in virtually every concievable type of combat. I do not know who would say otherwise. .

Odd that you would spend so long arguing with me and then just suddenly admit to agreeing with my point.

Old Post Dec 14th, 2017 02:27 PM
Psychotron

Superman with ease.

Old Post Dec 14th, 2017 02:28 PM
Psychotron is currently offline Click here to Send Psychotron a Private Message Find more posts by Psychotron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheGrat1

Originally posted by Placidity
Good post,

I do not know how to make any other kind. thumb up

Odd that you would spend so long arguing with me and then just suddenly admit to agreeing with my point.

Go back and read the posts. Nowhere in them did I say Kal had anywhere near as much skill as Thor. You downplayed the skill of the Kryptonian soldiers because they were beaten by a novice. "Nothing to write home about." Were your words. I then asked what that meant for Thor's skill because he was being beaten down by bricks that showed no more skill than Superman. You said it meant he was highly skilled and durable. I then attempted to point outyour u hypocrisy to you but the point seems not to have stuck.

Last edited by TheGrat1 on Dec 14th, 2017 at 10:59 PM

Old Post Dec 14th, 2017 10:56 PM
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

Originally posted by Zack M
Thor still gets beat down, though.

With all their powers, yes. I'm debating with Grat specifically on the basis of no lightning for Thor and no flight and superspeed for Superman.

Old Post Dec 14th, 2017 11:00 PM
FrothByte is currently offline Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

No, I used the beatings he took as proof of Thor's durability, I used the skill he used in his fights as proof that he was far more skilled than Superman.

Edit: To be more specific, as I was already arguing that Thor was more skilled when you mentioned those beatings. I added what they showed to my argument. It should have been fairly obvious what I meant. but maybe I was giving you too much credit.

Last edited by Silent Master on Dec 14th, 2017 at 11:11 PM

Old Post Dec 14th, 2017 11:02 PM
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

Faora and Nam-Ek had been within range of earth's yellow sun for nearly an entire day. Nam-Ek matched Kal's strength on multiple occasions and Faora his speed. They did not have his more exotic abilities but they were his peers in strength, speed, and durability. Which is more than I can say for Stepp and Thor.

He landed hits on Faora, Zod, and Nam-Ek with no speed advantage but Thor is apparently Floyd Mayweather. Please, Iron Man can tag him.

So your proof of Zod's skill is posting gifs of him trading hits with a farm boy and a scientist? Sure... seems legit proof of his skill.

And your proof of Superman's superior durability to Hulk is that he survives going through concrete? Hulk easily tears through a building. And remember that Hulk is several hundred pounds heavier than Superman. A hit on Hulk will not launch him as far as a hit on Superman.

You said it yourself, Faora and Namek don't have the same powers as Superman. If they don't have the same exotic powers as him, which Zod proved could be had by more exposure, then it stands to reason that they weren't getting the full benefit of the sun. Faora and Namek weren't on the same power level as Superman, that's just plain logic.

Superman would have died from that nuke. He only got healed due to the sun.

And the kryptonians get tossed around by jet gunfire. Hulk stood his ground against jet gunfire.

And yes, if Thing moved like Daredevil he wouldn't be a brick. I don't think you know what a brick is.

Old Post Dec 14th, 2017 11:05 PM
FrothByte is currently offline Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheGrat1

Originally posted by FrothByte
So your proof of Zod's skill is posting gifs of him trading hits with a farm boy and a scientist? Sure... seems legit proof of his skill.

And your proof of Superman's superior durability to Hulk is that he survives going through concrete? Hulk easily tears through a building. And remember that Hulk is several hundred pounds heavier than Superman. A hit on Hulk will not launch him as far as a hit on Superman.

You said it yourself, Faora and Namek don't have the same powers as Superman. If they don't have the same exotic powers as him, which Zod proved could be had by more exposure, then it stands to reason that they weren't getting the full benefit of the sun. Faora and Namek weren't on the same power level as Superman, that's just plain logic.

Superman would have died from that nuke. He only got healed due to the sun.

And the kryptonians get tossed around by jet gunfire. Hulk stood his ground against jet gunfire.

And yes, if Thing moved like Daredevil he wouldn't be a brick. I don't think you know what a brick is.

"trading blows with a farmboy and a scientist."

A scientist that took down 3 Kryptonian soldiers in cqc. Continue your willful ignorance if you must. Batman is a scientist, I guess he can not fight either. roll eyes (sarcastic)
Kal may not have any formal training, but his style is undoubtedly effective. He utilizes his abilities well in combat and has his own feats of countering opponents.

"proof of Superman's durability..."

I will make it clear: the uppercut Kal-El took was magnitudes more powerful than the one Hulk took. It was also preceeded by another punch and Kal still shrugged it off. Hulk was on queer street from the one blow. Kal's launch trajectory was no less than 80 degrees. The force caused him to cover hundreds of feet and destroy a skyscraper's cladding. The majority of the distance Hulk covered was horizontal and could not tear through a fighter jet's tail section.
Hulk is hundreds of pounds heavier than Supes? A train engine is hundreds of times heavier than Hulk and Nam-Ek launched it dozens of times further and higher than Hulk traveled. Supes was taking punches from that guy.

But let's not stop there. Hulk was stabbed by Abom and his wound was bleeding minutes later. He was bitten by Fenris and bled. He was bombarded with energy blasts that managed to punch through a Manhattan roof and bled. He had his tooth knocked out by Iron Man.
The only time Kal has bled in 3 films was when he was as weak as a human. Kal has taken punches from guys that dwarf Hulk, Hulkbuster, Thor, and Abom in strength without losing consciousness or body parts. He has survived a nuke at point blank while weakened. Even while dead kryptonian cells are incapable of decay under a yellow sun. Kal-El is more durable than Hulk in every way.

"Superman would have died..."

Hulk will die from that nuke. No question. That is the difference.

"tossed around by jet gunfire"

There is a world of difference between a 30 mm GAU 8 and a 25 mm GAU 22. The GAU 8 has nearly twice the muzzle energy due to heavier rounds, meaning it hits twice as hard. The A-10's weapon is purpose built to shred/disable tanks, the F-35's has to pull double duty as an air-to-air weapon while providing token close air support. Hell, the F-35's ammunition is frangible, it is designed to break apart on impact. Depleted uranium slugs from the GAU 8 are designed to stay together, out-tough armor, and power through the target delivering lethal vaporized heat and gas on the other side. Those slugs did not penetrate Nam-Ek at all meaning they transferred 100% of their kinetic energy to him. Oh, and there were three A-10s to one F-35.

Zod developed further abilities because he stopped breathing Kryptonian antmosphere. It is so toxic that it inhibits their ability to manifest superpowers. For an adapted kryptonian, it keeps them from developing more exotic abilities, whilst they still get strength, speed and durability. For a non-adapted kryptonian, it inhibits their ability to manifest superpowers at all, thus making them as weak as a human.
The point of the comparison with them is that they would be in the same boat as Thor in your hypothetical situation. Equalized speed, no weapons, and no lightning. The difference being that they are stronger and more durable than Thor. There were two of them and Kal still held his own. Thor would not stand a chance.

"pergaps you don't know what a brick is"

From comicvine: "For those who don't know, "Brick" pertains to a character whose main schtick is super strength and durability, and nothing else save maybe a melee weapon of some kind. In essence a "tank". No other powers, not even flying, so guys like Superman and Thor do not count as Bricks."

Perhaps kung fu was the wrong example, Kurse certainly was not using that. Depending on the form, quicknessand agility are a necessity for kung fu. Agility is half of DD's game. Thing does not fight like that.

Allow me to re-phrase: If Thing had mixed martial arts skill on par with Chuck Liddell, would he cease being a brick?

Old Post Dec 15th, 2017 04:35 AM
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Psychotron
Superman with ease.
Based on ?

Old Post Dec 15th, 2017 05:27 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Other than known trolls like quan I don't know anyone that would disagree about Superman being stronger and faster.

It's not hard to prove at all, you just have to compare their various hand-to-hand feats. As an example during Thor Ragnarok he showed far more skill in his fights with the Hulk and Hela than Superman ever has.
First off I'm no troll I am Mr. objective and secondly Superman is stronger and faster than Thor. He still loses due to Thor's power and skill advantages.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2017 05:28 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

"trading blows with a farmboy and a scientist."

A scientist that took down 3 Kryptonian soldiers in cqc. Continue your willful ignorance if you must. Batman is a scientist, I guess he can not fight either. roll eyes (sarcastic)
Kal may not have any formal training, but his style is undoubtedly effective. He utilizes his abilities well in combat and has his own feats of countering opponents.

"proof of Superman's durability..."

I will make it clear: the uppercut Kal-El took was magnitudes more powerful than the one Hulk took. It was also preceeded by another punch and Kal still shrugged it off. Hulk was on queer street from the one blow. Kal's launch trajectory was no less than 80 degrees. The force caused him to cover hundreds of feet and destroy a skyscraper's cladding. The majority of the distance Hulk covered was horizontal and could not tear through a fighter jet's tail section.
Hulk is hundreds of pounds heavier than Supes? A train engine is hundreds of times heavier than Hulk and Nam-Ek launched it dozens of times further and higher than Hulk traveled. Supes was taking punches from that guy.

But let's not stop there. Hulk was stabbed by Abom and his wound was bleeding minutes later. He was bitten by Fenris and bled. He was bombarded with energy blasts that managed to punch through a Manhattan roof and bled. He had his tooth knocked out by Iron Man.
The only time Kal has bled in 3 films was when he was as weak as a human. Kal has taken punches from guys that dwarf Hulk, Hulkbuster, Thor, and Abom in strength without losing consciousness or body parts. He has survived a nuke at point blank while weakened. Even while dead kryptonian cells are incapable of decay under a yellow sun. Kal-El is more durable than Hulk in every way.

"Superman would have died..."

Hulk will die from that nuke. No question. That is the difference.

"tossed around by jet gunfire"

There is a world of difference between a 30 mm GAU 8 and a 25 mm GAU 22. The GAU 8 has nearly twice the muzzle energy due to heavier rounds, meaning it hits twice as hard. The A-10's weapon is purpose built to shred/disable tanks, the F-35's has to pull double duty as an air-to-air weapon while providing token close air support. Hell, the F-35's ammunition is frangible, it is designed to break apart on impact. Depleted uranium slugs from the GAU 8 are designed to stay together, out-tough armor, and power through the target delivering lethal vaporized heat and gas on the other side. Those slugs did not penetrate Nam-Ek at all meaning they transferred 100% of their kinetic energy to him. Oh, and there were three A-10s to one F-35.

Zod developed further abilities because he stopped breathing Kryptonian antmosphere. It is so toxic that it inhibits their ability to manifest superpowers. For an adapted kryptonian, it keeps them from developing more exotic abilities, whilst they still get strength, speed and durability. For a non-adapted kryptonian, it inhibits their ability to manifest superpowers at all, thus making them as weak as a human.
The point of the comparison with them is that they would be in the same boat as Thor in your hypothetical situation. Equalized speed, no weapons, and no lightning. The difference being that they are stronger and more durable than Thor. There were two of them and Kal still held his own. Thor would not stand a chance.

"pergaps you don't know what a brick is"

From comicvine: "For those who don't know, "Brick" pertains to a character whose main schtick is super strength and durability, and nothing else save maybe a melee weapon of some kind. In essence a "tank". No other powers, not even flying, so guys like Superman and Thor do not count as Bricks."

Perhaps kung fu was the wrong example, Kurse certainly was not using that. Depending on the form, quicknessand agility are a necessity for kung fu. Agility is half of DD's game. Thing does not fight like that.

Allow me to re-phrase: If Thing had mixed martial arts skill on par with Chuck Liddell, would he cease being a brick?

Ok hold up. There's way too much info here to reply to. Let's do this one by one. Do you agree that Thor is more skilled than Superman?

If they were both stripped of their powers and fought h2h, how do you think that fight would go?

Old Post Dec 15th, 2017 06:22 AM
Silent Master

I like how losing to a farmboy and a scientist is somehow proof that they were skilled in HTH, especially since neither farmboy or scientist showed any impressive hth skill.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2017 06:54 AM
WolvesofBabylon
Welcome to the machine

Being more skilled means nothing in this instance as Thor gets destroyed

Old Post Dec 15th, 2017 12:21 PM
WolvesofBabylon is currently offline Click here to Send WolvesofBabylon a Private Message Find more posts by WolvesofBabylon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

It means Thor is far more skilled.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2017 01:34 PM