KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Magneto vs. Hulk

Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Magneto stomps 11 61.11%
Magneto wins 5 27.78%
Not sure 0 0%
Hulk wins 0 0%
Hulk stomps 2 11.11%
Total: 18 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Magneto vs. Hulk
Started by: Stigma

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

If this is Apocalypse Magneto, meaning him powered up by Apocalypse. how is he not just ripping up a bunch of shit from the ground and making a shield like he did before?

How would Hulk ever get close enough to do anything? He'd swat him away.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2017 07:36 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stigma
Herald of the Judgement

Or use the Eiffel Tower as a big bat to swat Hulk away.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2017 08:08 PM
Stigma is currently offline Click here to Send Stigma a Private Message Find more posts by Stigma Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

Magneto.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2017 01:15 AM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Impediment
Mags can't dodge?

Sure he can, but that means he can't move the tower while dodging. And I don't recall Mags being exeptionally fast enough to keep evading Hulk.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2017 03:54 AM
FrothByte is currently offline Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

Originally posted by John Murdoch
Shields + planetary level magnetic manipulation = win for Fassbender Mags.

All of which takes a considerably longer time to do compared to Hulk simply jumping 200 feet and punching mags in the jaw.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2017 03:56 AM
FrothByte is currently offline Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Magneto fans don't seem to think about what occurs in a fight and the prep involved with his feat in the film. Fanboys are the worst.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2017 04:26 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
John Murdoch

Originally posted by FrothByte
Sure he can, but that means he can't move the tower while dodging. And I don't recall Mags being exeptionally fast enough to keep evading Hulk.

Didn't Magneto start the final Apocalypse battle with his spherical bubble shield activated?

Magneto has stopped and manipulated bullets fired at point blank range both at himself and others and taken down an old school sentinel charging him in the finale of Days of Future Past when Magneto noticed the sentinel coming after him while combatting Logan.

All Magneto's gotta do is think and Hulk is getting bombarded or restrained with metal. If that doesn't incap Hulk, Mags throws up his shield and atomizes metal against Banner's face. Or wraps Hulk in metal and throws him into the Atlantic Ocean. Or throws him into orbit.

Lots of options for Eric, whereas Hulk only has jump and smash. Granted, that will turn Eric into paste, but Mags has a long history of quickdrawing his powers in creative ways that spell disaster for the charge in headfirst type of enemy.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2017 06:00 PM
John Murdoch is currently offline Click here to Send John Murdoch a Private Message Find more posts by John Murdoch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stigma
Herald of the Judgement

Didn't Magneto start the final Apocalypse battle with his spherical bubble shield activated?

Magneto has stopped and manipulated bullets fired at point blank range both at himself and others and taken down an old school sentinel charging him in the finale of Days of Future Past when Magneto noticed the sentinel coming after him while combatting Logan.

All Magneto's gotta do is think and Hulk is getting bombarded or restrained with metal. If that doesn't incap Hulk, Mags throws up his shield and atomizes metal against Banner's face. Or wraps Hulk in metal and throws him into the Atlantic Ocean. Or throws him into orbit.

Lots of options for Eric, whereas Hulk only has jump and smash. Granted, that will turn Eric into paste, but Mags has a long history of quickdrawing his powers in creative ways that spell disaster for the charge in headfirst type of enemy.

Good points thumb up

Old Post Dec 10th, 2017 06:06 PM
Stigma is currently offline Click here to Send Stigma a Private Message Find more posts by Stigma Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

Are you telling me Magneto already starts this fight with a shield up? Seems kinda unfair don't you think? Otherwise, how long do you think it takes him to put up a shield like that?

And I have no doubt that Magneto is fast enough to stop bullets or hirl them back while on the move. He can easily bombard Hulk with smallish projectiles. Problem is none of these will stop Hulk. To stop Hulk he needs something big, like the Eiffel tower, and that takes time. I don't recall Magneto ever doing a big feat fast and while dodging.

Like I said in my original post, the fight will depend on what materials are near by. If there are enough metallic objects around for Magneto to distarct Hulk with then he can win. But if all he's banking on is the Eiffel tower then Hulk will easily smash him long before he's able to bring it to bear.

Last edited by FrothByte on Dec 10th, 2017 at 06:26 PM

Old Post Dec 10th, 2017 06:24 PM
John Murdoch

^I figure near the Eiffel Tower you've got:

- lots of rebar
- steel cable
- light poles

Then you've got the tower itself, which makes me wonder if Magneto couldn't just start ripping it apart and wrapping up Hulk like a Christmas present in metal.

But, if he's gotta the whole tower down, then ya, Hulk does a falcon punch and turns Magneto into another Doug.

EDIT: Added content: by the above statement, I agree that, yes, Magneto won't have enough time to rage concentrate and bring it down on Hulk's head.

I'm still banking on wrap up Hulk to toss BFR or thousands of pieces of metal coming at atomization speeds at the Hulk's face for some wins.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2017 06:36 PM
John Murdoch is currently offline Click here to Send John Murdoch a Private Message Find more posts by John Murdoch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

^I figure near the Eiffel Tower you've got:

- lots of rebar
- steel cable
- light poles

Then you've got the tower itself, which makes me wonder if Magneto couldn't just start ripping it apart and wrapping up Hulk like a Christmas present in metal.

But, if he's gotta the whole tower down, then ya, Hulk does a falcon punch and turns Magneto into another Doug.

EDIT: Added content: by the above statement, I agree that, yes, Magneto won't have enough time to rage concentrate and bring it down on Hulk's head.

I'm still banking on wrap up Hulk to toss BFR or thousands of pieces of metal coming at atomization speeds at the Hulk's face for some wins.

Oh I have no problem with Magneto winning by using rebars and lightposts and cars. As long as they're strong enough to stop Hulk. I was simply pointing out that Mags won't have the time to spike Hulk with the tower or put up shields.

Hulk can cover 200ft in a single leap, which gives Mags 1-2 seconds to make his move. Hulk will easily tear through rebars and lightposts so Mags will need to make sure that he brings in dozens of them, all within a few seconds. If he doesn't he gets smashed.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2017 06:50 PM
quanchi112
Disney

Hulk wins let's be real he palmed a Leviathan with barely any momentum mid jump transformation.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2017 12:49 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Because Magneto would totally come barreling toward Hulk at a straight angle as opposed to using magnetic powers and flight to an advantage like in Apocalypse?

"No." -Everyone

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Dec 11th, 2017 12:57 AM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

How close did Wolverine get in Days of Future Past ?

Old Post Dec 11th, 2017 01:02 AM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by quanchi112
How close did Wolverine get in Days of Future Past ?

Magneto is more powerful here and not hampered by the plot and by Wolverines massive character shield.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2017 01:28 AM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

Originally posted by Impediment
Because Magneto would totally come barreling toward Hulk at a straight angle as opposed to using magnetic powers and flight to an advantage like in Apocalypse?

"No." -Everyone

Ok so at the ring of the bell, Hulk launches himself at Magneto. Mags has about a second before he gets smashed. What does he do? Pretty sure we've never seen him put up a shield that fast. How fast can he fly? How good is Magneto at dodging?

Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

He can use other shit to fling Hulk away a far distance, then shield up.

quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Surtur
Magneto is more powerful here and not hampered by the plot and by Wolverines massive character shield.
Another example in which you ignore facts for your imagination. You're a cbr loser. Go back to the site, loser.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2017 01:29 AM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by quanchi112
Another example in which you ignore facts for your imagination. You're a cbr loser. Go back to the site, loser.

You try to use silly events as evidence.

I bet you're the type who in a Karate Kid thread would be all "herp derp he lost to Batman!".

Old Post Dec 11th, 2017 01:31 AM
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Surtur
You try to use silly events as evidence.

I bet you're the type who in a Karate Kid thread would be all "herp derp he lost to Batman!".
If you make a claim you need to back it up. I cite evidence and you ignore it and insert fanfic. You're a clown.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2017 01:35 AM