KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Wonder Woman vs. Faora

Wonder Woman vs. Faora
Started by: Stigma

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Silent Master

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Slowpoke
She is a able to match the speed of Superman when Wonder Woman obviously couldn't do so.

Matching Superman would only count if he was actually using above Wonder Woman level super speed at the time. So post some proof.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2017 07:35 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Slowpoke

He IS using his full power when fighting Faora but couldn't outspeed her. Actually watch his fight against Steppenwolf he was obviously toying with him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PpxlqTx7DTg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UkK7_FsJE7Q

Simply compare their fights against ordinary human, Faora speedblitz fully armed soldiers much quicker than Wonder Woman against criminals.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2017 07:39 PM
Slowpoke is currently offline Click here to Send Slowpoke a Private Message Find more posts by Slowpoke Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Not all Kryptonians are the same. I think Superman is realizing his full power, when he fought Faora he really hadn't yet.

I would not grant Faora the same speed as Superman. He showed a vast improvement in speed. I think she'd need to do the same. The speed she showed was not as good as what Supes later showed.

I understand the rationality of "they are the same race with the same powers" but in reality Superman does tend to outshine other Kryptonians.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2017 07:42 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

He IS using his full power when fighting Faora but couldn't outspeed her. Actually watch his fight against Steppenwolf he was obviously toying with him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PpxlqTx7DTg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UkK7_FsJE7Q

Simply compare their fights against ordinary human, Faora speedblitz fully armed soldiers much quicker than Wonder Woman against criminals.

Judging by those clips all your proving is it Superman got faster in JL and that Wonder Woman is actually faster than Faora.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2017 07:42 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Slowpoke

That's quite dumb, the video got ordinary humans as proof to show the speed gap.

Superman didn't get much stronger or faster, he also wasn't even using his full speed against Steppenwolf.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2017 07:44 PM
Slowpoke is currently offline Click here to Send Slowpoke a Private Message Find more posts by Slowpoke Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

That's quite dumb, the video got ordinary humans as proof to show the speed gap.

Superman didn't get much stronger or faster, he also wasn't even using his full speed against Steppenwolf.

I think it is just Superman got stronger. Faora was never at full power anyways.

It's also a part of Supermans character that he holds back, etc. and sometimes in situations he taps into more of his power.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2017 07:46 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

We have seen Wonder Woman bullet time, the clip you just posted for Faora does not show bullet-time movement.

Thank you for posting proof that she isn't as fast as Wonder Woman.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2017 07:46 PM
Slowpoke

Originally posted by Surtur
Not all Kryptonians are the same. I think Superman is realizing his full power, when he fought Faora he really hadn't yet.

I would not grant Faora the same speed as Superman. He showed a vast improvement in speed. I think she'd need to do the same. The speed she showed was not as good as what Supes later showed.

I understand the rationality of "they are the same race with the same powers" but in reality Superman does tend to outshine other Kryptonians.

Faora is as quick as Superman in MoS. Superman was on Earth for 30 years and she was like less than 2-3 days. Sure Superman got stronger overtime to master his strength and fighting skill, but his power came from the yellow sun and Earth's gravity. There is no proof of a huge boost.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2017 07:47 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Faora has the blur speed thing going for her. It's very tame speedster stuff compared to bullet timing.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2017 07:49 PM
Slowpoke

Originally posted by Silent Master
We have seen Wonder Woman bullet time, the clip you just posted for Faora does not show bullet-time movement.

Thank you for posting proof that she isn't as fast as Wonder Woman.

And Faora speed blitzed the soldiers when Wonder Woman couldn't do it that fast when a BOMB is about to explode. Do you even get it? Or just standing on the little ground here?

Bullet time is only a way to show the character is fast. Unless you are saying the criminals are as fast as bullets.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2017 07:49 PM
Slowpoke

I think it is just Superman got stronger. Faora was never at full power anyways.

It's also a part of Supermans character that he holds back, etc. and sometimes in situations he taps into more of his power.

Yeah but we are NOT comparing Superman VS Faora, it's Wonder Woman VS Faora, using Superman and ordinary humans as proof, Faroa is obviously stronger+quicker.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2017 07:50 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yeah but we are NOT comparing Superman VS Faora, it's Wonder Woman VS Faora, using Superman and ordinary humans as proof, Faroa is obviously stronger+quicker.

What I am saying is all we can do is use what Faora herself did. Supermans feats are Supermans feats. Superman when he fought her was just starting out. He had not been a super hero prior to that. It's why the guy smashed up an entire city in the fight, he was a newb.

There is no reason to grant her a massive upgrade in speed because an opponent she fought got more powerful later on.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2017 07:53 PM
Slowpoke

Faora has the blur speed thing going for her. It's very tame speedster stuff compared to bullet timing.

Bullet timing is a method to show how fast they are, you don't see them fight going on forever using that timing because it's going to affect the movie.

Wonder Woman was able to block bullet but couldn't speed blitz the criminals as fast as Faora. That's pretty much hard proof.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2017 07:53 PM
Slowpoke

What I am saying is all we can do is use what Faora herself did. Supermans feats are Supermans feats. Superman when he fought her was just starting out. He had not been a super hero prior to that. It's why the guy smashed up an entire city in the fight, he was a newb.

There is no reason to grant her a massive upgrade in speed because an opponent she fought got more powerful later on.

Superman is the measuring stick here.

Superman had been mastering his skills over the years to help others and not cause trouble, being a Superhero improves his skill in fights, it's not like his basic feats would get a huge boost.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2017 07:55 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Bullet timing is a method to show how fast they are, you don't see them fight going on forever using that timing because it's going to affect the movie.

Wonder Woman was able to block bullet but couldn't speed blitz the criminals as fast as Faora. That's pretty much hard proof.

It's the reaction time that it comes down to. The bullet block is superior than blitzing a normal human.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2017 07:55 PM
Stigma
Herald of the Judgement

Slowpoke is saying that we need to use Superman and soldiers as a yardstick.

The problem is if MoS Superman is slower than JL Superman. TBH I am not sure of that at all.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2017 07:56 PM
Stigma is currently offline Click here to Send Stigma a Private Message Find more posts by Stigma Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Superman is the measuring stick here.

Superman had been mastering his skills over the years to help others and not cause trouble, being a Superhero improves his skill in fights, it's not like his basic feats would get a huge boost.

One could argue the longer he is exposed to the sun the more powerful he gets. Or that he just hasn't full unlocked his powers. Either way Faora should not be granted his feats or measured by him. He got way too much of a boost to grant her that.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2017 07:56 PM
Slowpoke

It's the reaction time that it comes down to. The bullet block is superior than blitzing a normal human.

No, bullet block is only a way to show the character is fast, there is a bomb there, Wonder Woman would only use her full speed to fight the criminals.

Tell me WHY didn't Wonder Woman speed blitz them?

Old Post Dec 9th, 2017 07:58 PM
Stigma
Herald of the Judgement

MoS Superman is still a speedster, though. Even in combat speed iirc his maneuvers and punches he traded wiith Zod caused sonic booms, no?

But tbh I think the speed difference will not decide it here. Both of these gals are close in that department.

Last edited by Stigma on Dec 9th, 2017 at 08:01 PM

Old Post Dec 9th, 2017 07:58 PM
Stigma is currently offline Click here to Send Stigma a Private Message Find more posts by Stigma Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Slowpoke

One could argue the longer he is exposed to the sun the more powerful he gets. Or that he just hasn't full unlocked his powers. Either way Faora should not be granted his feats or measured by him. He got way too much of a boost to grant her that.

Same thing with Faora, Zod was even able to master the heat vision shortly, by that logic we could say Faora, by the end of MoS has become even stronger than she was during the fight against Superman.

Superman is using full speed against Faora in the fight, tell me why shouldn't she be given with the feats?

Old Post Dec 9th, 2017 08:00 PM