KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » The next main/major antagonist of the MCU

The next main/major antagonist of the MCU
Started by: quanchi112

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « First ... « 4 5 [6]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
TheLordofMurder

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Josh_Alexander
I never said Thanos had to possess the Gaunlet for Galactus to respect him. In the comics Thanos was able to hurt Galactus gaunlet-less.

Naah. Thanos has accomplished more. The Infinity Gaunlet and the Heart of the Universe put Thanos way beyond Doom.

Again, I never said Doom wasn't going to be an excellent villain.

But when "THREAT" is concern...Doom doesn't really pose a big one TBH.

The Beyonders, Annihilus, Thanos, Korvac....Even Dormammu is a more dangerous foe than Doom.

LoL...

In the original Secret War, Doom defeated the most powerful character ever written by Marvel...

Ever...

As per the writing of the original Secret War, Pre-Retcon Beyonder was millions of times more powerful than everything in our reality combined...

And that includes the Infinity Gems and Heart of the Infinite (which simply hadn't been discovered/had their true power realized yet)...

Its in dispuptable, Dooms highest feat is greater than anyone or anything elses in the Marvel universe...

Period...

Old Post Dec 17th, 2017 08:53 PM
TheLordofMurder is currently offline Click here to Send TheLordofMurder a Private Message Find more posts by TheLordofMurder Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
LoL...

In the original Secret War, Doom defeated the most powerful character ever written by Marvel...

Ever...

As per the writing of the original Secret War, Pre-Retcon Beyonder was millions of times more powerful than everything in our reality combined...

And that includes the Infinity Gems and Heart of the Infinite (which simply hadn't been discovered/had their true power realized yet)...

Its in dispuptable, Dooms highest feat is greater than anyone or anything elses in the Marvel universe...

Period...

As you yourself claimed that's in the original Secret Wars which was retconned.

And again, that requires a Secret Wars movie. In which case The Next Big Bad in the MCU will be The Beyonder/Beyonders as i claimed previously

Again that's a retconned comic.

In continuity Dr. Doom's greatest feat is stealing the Beyonders Powers to become God Doom.

However the problem with it is that he was aided by Molecule Man and Dr. Strange!

So isn't like it's a feat of his own tbh!

Old Post Dec 17th, 2017 11:21 PM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Originally posted by Darth Thor
thumb up

That was never promised. And Snoke [SPOILER - highlight to read]: was clearly not in Palpatine’s League, and yet TLJ has had the 2nd biggest opening of all time.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: LOL.

I admit i WOULD NEVER EVER EVER EVER expect Snoke to die in such a stupid way!

I admit that was unexpected.

Forget what i said about Snoke

Old Post Dec 18th, 2017 03:35 AM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Dr Doom hands down...

Why? For many reasons:

1) When fully explored, as in the comics, he has an excellent backstory and is rich in character depth...

His hatred for Reed Richards and desire to free his mom from Mephisto can make for some awesome story telling...

2) He is much more than just raw power...

Dr Doom has one of the strongest intellects in Marvel and as such, he can be a part of a compelling story without need for the constant "power creep" that we sometimes see in movies (with each baddie being more powerful than the one before him endlessly)...

3) Doom is so versatile that he can be almost anyone's enemy and fit the role nicely; he'd fit just as well against Strange as he would against the Avengers or the Fantastic Four...

LoL...

Ever...

Period...
thumb up

PWNT

Old Post Dec 18th, 2017 05:40 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Nibedicus
I feel like they shouldn't escalate the power levels of stories right away after the infinity war. I feel like more grounded stories can be made without having to make every threat cosmic+ in nature to mix up the pace of storytelling a bit. Cosmic this and cosmic that (especially since that's the direction of the JL it looks like) would just become boring eventually IMO.

If I were to pick a villain, I'd say Mole Man. Tho, prolly not as an Avengers villain. Maybe for a FF reboot?

Giant Kaiju type creatures. Armies of moloids. Underground battles (could be an interesting setting, since being away from the main cities means that they can cut loose with the power). It would be a fresh change of pace from all the space/cosmic stuff that's being thrown at us.

Doesn't have the oomph factor of a cosmic big bad, but maybe a temporary shift in direction will help keep the movies from getting repetitive.
I agree and don't think they plan to. You can't always go bigger and badder. Thanos is the pinnacle and change the direction post Thanos is the way to go.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2017 06:21 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Arachnid1
thumb up
laughing out loud

Nah.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2017 06:21 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Originally posted by quanchi112
laughing out loud

Nah.
thumb down

PWNT

Old Post Dec 18th, 2017 06:11 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Arachnid1
thumb down
Quit spouting nonsense.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2017 06:12 PM
Impediment
Endless

It should be Doctor Doom, without exception.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post May 20th, 2019 08:02 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Impediment
It should be Doctor Doom, without exception.
No. he is Loki level at best depending on the circumstances. Give me Galactus. Doom has failed multiple times as well to boot.

Old Post May 21st, 2019 05:06 PM
Impediment
Endless

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Jun 28th, 2020 10:20 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

I would like to see Korvac for the next Avengers with a Nefaria cameo, like how the old James Bonds had him finishing his last mission before the new plot.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2020 10:26 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Can't wait for Doom to Surpass Thanos.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2020 11:02 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jun 28th, 2020 11:05 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

So DC will be facing ACTUAL Evil Villains unlike Marvel?

Old Post Jun 28th, 2020 11:15 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Thanos is really f*cking close to the tippy-top of the list, like easily in the Top 5, if not in the Top 3 of all-time Marvel Comics. There literally isn't that many characters period that have posed a threat to him with the infinity gauntlet.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Jul 5th, 2020 11:28 PM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

I look forward to the huge cosmic threats to come...but I also want some circumstances to lead to Thanos getting released from 'death' so he can hang out in the background, seeing where the universe is going. Audiences will spend years in suspense trying to guess his agenda.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Jul 8th, 2020 12:33 AM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote