KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » The next main/major antagonist of the MCU

The next main/major antagonist of the MCU
Started by: quanchi112

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Arachnid1
Galactus isn't as powerful as Thanos with the Gauntlet. He's up there, but doesn't beat him out. Both are only a fraction of God Emperor Doom, which means that yes, he can be a universal threat. In fact, the Beyonders abilities made him a multiversal threat.

Either way, the point of all that is to show that Doom at his most powerful has dwarfed some of the most powerful villains Marvel has had to offer. Power itself doesn't make one the best villain, but he has had that capability many times over. That said, his best stories IMO are the ones that have kept him more grounded and showcased his character, intellect, and ruthlessness. Those are the stories I want them to adapt (at least to start off).

I'm not arguing who's going to be next. Thats not the point of any of those posts. Chances are they've already planned out the next big bad and they've only recently acquired the rights to Fox. The point is Doom has the capability to deliver us the best Marvel stories to date, and he can easily be an epic threat. He is the best antagonist Marvel has to offer. Eventually, he will be a big bad. Probably not the next, but he's coming.

The Beyonder would actually be cool although it's hard to see current MCU having any kind of chance against him. I still even have doubts we'll get to see Thanos use the gauntlet to it's full comic level capability nevermind the Beyonder or God Emperor Doom.

I never said Thanos had to possess the Gaunlet for Galactus to respect him. In the comics Thanos was able to hurt Galactus gaunlet-less.

Naah. Thanos has accomplished more. The Infinity Gaunlet and the Heart of the Universe put Thanos way beyond Doom.

Again, I never said Doom wasn't going to be an excellent villain.

But when "THREAT" is concern...Doom doesn't really pose a big one TBH.

The Beyonders, Annihilus, Thanos, Korvac....Even Dormammu is a more dangerous foe than Doom.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2017 02:25 AM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
i honestly do not care who the next big bad will be... i am happy and looking forward to what Marvel does with these characters

Something we all agree. Yet we all also like discussing so...

Old Post Dec 17th, 2017 02:25 AM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

Originally posted by Josh_Alexander
I never said Thanos had to possess the Gaunlet for Galactus to respect him. In the comics Thanos was able to hurt Galactus gaunlet-less.

Naah. Thanos has accomplished more. The Infinity Gaunlet and the Heart of the Universe put Thanos way beyond Doom.

Again, I never said Doom wasn't going to be an excellent villain.

But when "THREAT" is concern...Doom doesn't really pose a big one TBH.

The Beyonders, Annihilus, Thanos, Korvac....Even Dormammu is a more dangerous foe than Doom.

You really just have no idea what you're talking about.

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Dec 17th, 2017 02:52 AM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I don't see why a villain needs to be more powerful than Thanos. As long as he/she/they is powerful enough to fight the Avengers on equal or superior footing, that's more than enough of a threat imo.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Dec 17th, 2017 04:02 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

[img]https://i.imgur.com/IYlrjJw.jpg

Man, I want to see this guy done justice in an MCU movie.

https://static.businessinsider.com/...b46ba/image.jpg

I'm not saying that you cant have a subjective thought or opinion. You can like or dislike a villain all you like. It's like Negan and the Governor. You don't like Negan, and thats fine, but he's had more impact on the group and TWD in general. Doom has a much bigger pool of stories to pull from, and has been the center of so many Marvel events that even looking at him objectively, you have to acknowledge the fact that he is a huge threat in his own right and easily as big as Thanos.

That bet is a bit random. What do you define as "big bad"? Ultron was big enough to be an Avengers villain but he's no Thanos. TBH I'd bet on him being a big bad eventually (most likely after whoever comes next), but he may need set up before then. Phase 4 is already completely planned out so it's more likely he'll be integrated after for Phase 5 or 6 since they barely got him back. He needs to be at the center of an FF story first for sure.
Negan is nauseating and as the show's writers have him as their big bad he's boring and divisive among the fans. He's fallen flat. He's also been around in more episodes but Governor had less men that's why. He rose to the top twice.

No one is as big as Thanos has consistently been. Thanos is the big bad of marvel. Doom has more appearances and at his best he's become the focal point with amps but he's never succeeded like Thanos with his goals. Thanos has won and has only defeated himself. Doom's willpower was broken in secret wars in humiliating fashion and Reed humiliated him as he usually does. Doom can rise to the top but he isn't the successful one Thanos has been. Thanos even saved doom from being killed by Akhtentan or however you spell his name in an endless loop. He was not even smart enough to grasp the situation.

Thanos was the big bad and it took three phases to finally see him. Doom will be a threat in the same vein as Loki. So you accept the bet. If he's the center of a FF story he won't be the big bad he might just be an opportunistic Loki who eventually stumbled onto something which upgrades him not the same cache as Thanos who looms in the background and terrifies aliens all throughout the cosmos. His reputation is quite impressive and stands alone.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2017 04:10 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Originally posted by Mindset
You really just have no idea what you're talking about.

Comic stuff.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2017 04:28 AM
Mindset

Comic stuff.
Which you obviously have no clue about.

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Dec 17th, 2017 04:47 AM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CPT Space Bomb
Emperor Doom

Yah. This guy is a troll methinks.. He CAN'T be this ignorant.....

So what about my comments made your ass so sore? Was it me calling you a phaggot? I think not." - Nemebro

Old Post Dec 17th, 2017 07:15 AM
CPT Space Bomb is currently offline Click here to Send CPT Space Bomb a Private Message Find more posts by CPT Space Bomb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Originally posted by -Pr-
I don't see why a villain needs to be more powerful than Thanos. As long as he/she/they is powerful enough to fight the Avengers on equal or superior footing, that's more than enough of a threat imo.

Because of the title of this threat.

The Thread is asking which villain will be the next big bad in the MCU. The thread isn't which is going to be the next villain in the avengers.

Since the post credit scene in Avengers 1 everyone knew Thanos was the big bad villain in the MCU.

Now, once Thanos is defeated, someone else will have to replace him.

The MCU will have to look for someone more powerful than Thanos.

Why?

It wouldn't be interesting to go watch a movie whose big bad villain is nothing compared to the previous one.

E.G.

Star Wars made Snoke. A villain which promises to be more powerful than Darth Sidious.

So now everyone is interested in going to watch the movies.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2017 03:00 PM
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Me or you?

Originally posted by CPT Space Bomb
Yah. This guy is a troll methinks.. He CAN'T be this ignorant.....

Lol. Whatever. When Doom doesn't make the next big bad in the MCU will see who the ignorant is.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2017 03:01 PM
Darth Thor

Originally posted by -Pr-
I don't see why a villain needs to be more powerful than Thanos.

Bingo

Old Post Dec 17th, 2017 04:26 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Lol. Whatever. When Doom doesn't make the next big bad in the MCU will see who the ignorant is.

What does this mean? The main Villain in the next Avengers film? Or the main villain to pop up in and built up over multiple films?

Doom’s a great choice for either tbh. Him and Magneto are gonna wreck house.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2017 04:30 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

It wouldn't be interesting to go watch a movie whose big bad villain is nothing compared to the previous one.
But in what sense?

The Joker was hands down the physically weakest villain in any of the Nolan Batman movies yet he was the best villain in the entire trilogy because he was more interesting. Power is well and good but it doesn't make someone a good or big villain. Superman's biggest enemy has been a human for decades when he's had a flat out interdimensional reality warper like Mr. Mxyzptlk in the roster. Green Goblin would get his butt handed to him in a fight with plenty of Spidey villains like Morlun, Hobgoblin, or Electro yet he's the nemesis. Strange has been up against more powerful entities than even Dormammu. The FF have faced more powerful enemies than Doom, yet he's still their biggest threat and has rocked them harder than any of the others time and time again.

Not to mention that in Dooms sense, he's so versatile. He can play a super grounded and personal villain for the FF like he has done on many occasions. He can play a worldwide threat for the Avengers and actually make them seem inferior to himself. He can play a threat spanning the multiverse against the entire Marvel roster. He can play at whatever level the plot needs him to and play it all convincingly while being a better written, more interesting, and deeper character than Thanos. What makes someone the best villain?

Originally posted by Darth Thor
What does this mean? The main Villain in the next Avengers film? Or the main villain to pop up in and built up over multiple films?

Doom’s a great choice for either tbh. Him and Magneto are gonna wreck house.
Man, I can't wait for Mags. I'm pretty sad about losing Fassbender for when they recast him but he's another big villain specific to a team who can still play an amazing Avengers villain. It will be nice to have him and Doom in the MCU. Two of the greatest Marvel villains and both are back home.

PWNT

Old Post Dec 17th, 2017 05:12 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Because of the title of this threat.

The Thread is asking which villain will be the next big bad in the MCU. The thread isn't which is going to be the next villain in the avengers.

Since the post credit scene in Avengers 1 everyone knew Thanos was the big bad villain in the MCU.

Now, once Thanos is defeated, someone else will have to replace him.

The MCU will have to look for someone more powerful than Thanos.

Why?

E.G.

Star Wars made Snoke. A villain which promises to be more powerful than Darth Sidious.

Can't say I agree at all. Anyone powerful enough to beat the Avengers single-handed isn't going to have much trouble with the Guardians and Black Panther.

You could easily do someone like Kang or a less-crap Ultron and they'd work just fine.

As would Doom, if you used any number of arcs.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Dec 17th, 2017 05:13 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Two of the greatest Marvel villains and both are back home.

thumb up

E.G.

That was never promised. And Snoke [SPOILER - highlight to read]: was clearly not in Palpatine’s League, and yet TLJ has had the 2nd biggest opening of all time.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2017 05:29 PM
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Originally posted by Darth Thor
thumb up

That was never promised. And Snoke [SPOILER - highlight to read]: was clearly not in Palpatine’s League, and yet TLJ has had the 2nd biggest opening of all time.

Havent watched the Last Jedi so cant respond to your spoiler yet.

Yes it was promise. The filmmakers claimed that Snoke would be more dangerpus and powerful than Sidious.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2017 07:10 PM
playa1258
Fear is the mind killer

The next big MCU villain does not have to be Thanos level to be effective.

Now Marvel finally has its choice of what villains to use.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2017 07:17 PM
playa1258 is currently offline Click here to Send playa1258 a Private Message Find more posts by playa1258 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nibedicus
Gaming addict

I feel like they shouldn't escalate the power levels of stories right away after the infinity war. I feel like more grounded stories can be made without having to make every threat cosmic+ in nature to mix up the pace of storytelling a bit. Cosmic this and cosmic that (especially since that's the direction of the JL it looks like) would just become boring eventually IMO.

If I were to pick a villain, I'd say Mole Man. Tho, prolly not as an Avengers villain. Maybe for a FF reboot?

Giant Kaiju type creatures. Armies of moloids. Underground battles (could be an interesting setting, since being away from the main cities means that they can cut loose with the power). It would be a fresh change of pace from all the space/cosmic stuff that's being thrown at us.

Doesn't have the oomph factor of a cosmic big bad, but maybe a temporary shift in direction will help keep the movies from getting repetitive.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2017 08:00 PM
Nibedicus is currently offline Click here to Send Nibedicus a Private Message Find more posts by Nibedicus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Yes it was promise. The filmmakers claimed that Snoke would be more dangerpus and powerful than Sidious.

I never heard that from any filmmaker. So even if true, it wasn’t highly publicised at all.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2017 08:29 PM
TheLordofMurder

Dr Doom hands down...

Why? For many reasons:

1) When fully explored, as in the comics, he has an excellent backstory and is rich in character depth...

His hatred for Reed Richards and desire to free his mom from Mephisto can make for some awesome story telling...

2) He is much more than just raw power...

Dr Doom has one of the strongest intellects in Marvel and as such, he can be a part of a compelling story without need for the constant "power creep" that we sometimes see in movies (with each baddie being more powerful than the one before him endlessly)...

3) Doom is so versatile that he can be almost anyone's enemy and fit the role nicely; he'd fit just as well against Strange as he would against the Avengers or the Fantastic Four...

In conclusion, its gotta be Doom...

Its gotta be...

And to add to the reasons stated above (after several disappointing incarnations of him on the big screen) we are owed the REAL Dr Doom d@mmit!!

We've had enough with these fake Dooms that Fox has exposed us to; lets see Dr Doom realized in all his comicbook glory...

smile

Last edited by TheLordofMurder on Dec 17th, 2017 at 08:46 PM

Old Post Dec 17th, 2017 08:43 PM
TheLordofMurder is currently offline Click here to Send TheLordofMurder a Private Message Find more posts by TheLordofMurder Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote