KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » Dragon Ball Super: Broly - Discussion Thread

Dragon Ball Super: Broly - Discussion Thread
Started by: Galan007

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (64): « First ... « 20 21 [22] 23 24 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

Yeah, I think it’s important to note that Vegito Blue in the Zamasu arc was >/~ Beerus, and Current Blue Gogeta would be vastly more powerful. I suspect Broly will clearly and utterly separate himself from Jiren/GoD tier in this movie.

”You presume limits to my power. There are none.”

Old Post Aug 31st, 2018 04:45 PM
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ is currently offline Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Estacado
thumb up

It should end with Goku dying and Vegeta becoming the main character and Broly becomes his master..

laughing out loud

Acceptable outcome...

And what will happen to Frieza? He'll be giving Vegeta a rimjob every day from now on?

Old Post Aug 31st, 2018 04:58 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Gogeta disperses before he gets to finish the job, and Frieza's hatred for Saiyans gives him a rage boost that allows him to save the day.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2018 06:51 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Toriyama, is that you?

Old Post Aug 31st, 2018 07:43 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Estacado
Legendary

Frieza's rage boost comes from him finding out Broly destroyed his home planet!

He gets a new form called Deep Frieza..

Bankai.

Last edited by Estacado on Aug 31st, 2018 at 07:56 PM

Old Post Aug 31st, 2018 07:54 PM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Yeah, I think it's important to note that Vegito Blue in the Zamasu arc was >/~ Beerus
Questionable.

That comment was made by Kaioshin, who had almost certainly never seen Beerus use more than a microfraction of his power at the time(which means he wouldn't have a clue what a 'full power' Beerus even was.) Furthermore, if indeed Beerus is > MUI Goku, then there's no way I'd buy Zamasu arc Vegetto being even remotely close to his level. /shrug

Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
I suspect Broly will clearly and utterly separate himself from Jiren/GoD tier in this movie.
I agree. As I mentioned before: there's no way that Broly would be getting all this hype if he weren't going to be > Jiren, at the very least.

Threats never weaken as the story progresses in this franchise.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Sep 3rd, 2018 at 07:34 PM

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2018 07:31 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

First look at planet Vegeta in this film:
(please log in to view the image)
"The movie will also feature never-before-seen parts of Planet Vegeta. They say they're going off of previous depictions of Planet Vegeta, while giving it a greater sense of scale. They also want to be faithful to the sort of space bases/space ships/etc Toriyama has drawn."

And a new world, planet Banpa:
"It is full of large valleys and creature-infested lakes."

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2018 11:07 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

We saw some of that new world in the preview no? Seems that's where he fights Frieza... or Earth

Old Post Sep 4th, 2018 10:39 PM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Originally posted by Estacado
Well since Broly is supposed to be stronger than the Gods Of Destruction it would be pretty meh if he lost to Blue Gogeta.

Merged Zamasu was doing pretty well against Vegito Blue and he is kinda weaksauce compared to Jiren..

Blue Gogeta vs Jiren who wins?
Merged Zamasu also got a huge powerup and was going up after he gooed out. It was exclusive to the anime too, but we got a hint of how badly he would have done had he not gooed out in the manga. The spirit sword can be explained as him being pure evil I guess.

Old Post Sep 5th, 2018 01:20 AM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

thumb up

”You presume limits to my power. There are none.”

Old Post Sep 5th, 2018 02:51 AM
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ is currently offline Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

With set 5 of the DBSCG coming soon, they'll be having a 2nd PV the same day as the panel at NYCC, and considering the set after this has nothing to do with Broly at all, there will probably be movie characters in this set. And of all characters to show, they silhouette Gogeta:

Again, it's really hard to imagine that all of this is coincidental. Gogeta will almost certainly be in this movie.

Old Post Sep 9th, 2018 02:40 PM
vansonbee
Isee

Will he go ultra instincts or is he finishing Broly with blue?

Old Post Sep 9th, 2018 08:08 PM
vansonbee is currently offline Click here to Send vansonbee a Private Message Find more posts by vansonbee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

The likely option will be SSB. I also doubt that he'll actually beat Broly, tbh.

Old Post Sep 9th, 2018 08:15 PM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Ugh, those environments look horrendous.

Had my hopes set for this, but this film is looking "Super".

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Sep 10th, 2018 12:50 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

The lack of original premise for this movie alone kinda already made it a red flag for me. Then you got Broly's questionable portrayal, and now learning we're getting ****ing Gogeta on top of that... It's just fanservice the movie, feeling like something I've already seen.

Say what you will about like the Tournament of Power, but at least it had mostly new things. This film, not so much from the looks of it. Reminds me how I felt going from Battle of the Gods to Resurrection F, and I still stand by the opinion that the latter was awful (whether the movie or the retelling arc).

I want to be proven wrong about the new movie here though, but y'know.

Old Post Sep 10th, 2018 09:14 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Some info on the dynamic between Broly, Chelye, and Lemo...
quote:
What about the new characters besides Broli?
The designs for both Chelye and Lemo are truly great. Chelye is a young, delinquent girl. She acts on superficial feelings alone, and ends up helping Broli without thinking of the consequences, with disastrous results. And Lemo is a profound character as well. He’s been in Freeza’s army for decades, so I think he’s seen many pitiable children over the years. There’s a gap in the way Chelye and Lemo feel about Broli. Lemo is a good man, so he wants to do something about Broli, but he’s well aware of the limits of his own power. He was a mediocre soldier not even fit to fight on the front lines of Freeza’s army, but he’s influenced by meeting Broli and seeing Chelye act on will alone, and he starts to change. I feel like the balance between these three is incredibly well done. I can’t say anymore since it has to do with the plot of the movie, but the story of these three is noteworthy.

Also, some official cards have been printed for base and SSJ Gogeta as a promo for this film:

And apparently some new Gogeta cards will be released on October 5 during NYCC. We should also get a new trailer then as well.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2018 01:09 PM
Estacado
Legendary

The artist of the movie also confirmed he is practicing how to draw Gogeta...

Bankai.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2018 06:32 PM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Yamcha
Desert Bandit

From the way things are sounding I'm feeling like IF we do end up seeing UI, Broly being as tanky as he is might last until Goku burns out like in the ToP, which then they'll have to resort to fusion as a last ditch effort to beat him.

ONLY TO HAVE TO JOIN FORCES TO FACE THE UNSTOPPABLE KANBA. Who is still too strong so Goku and Vegeta have Broly power up to open a portal to Universe 12 and pull out their version of Goku and Vegeta, just to have them potara fuse, so Gogeta can fuse with Vegito and become the almighty GOGITO!

Old Post Sep 13th, 2018 07:44 PM
Yamcha is currently offline Click here to Send Yamcha a Private Message Find more posts by Yamcha Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Originally posted by Galan007
Some info on the dynamic between Broly, Chelye, and Lemo...

Also, some official cards have been printed for base and SSJ Gogeta as a promo for this film:

And apparently some new Gogeta cards will be released on October 5 during NYCC. We should also get a new trailer then as well.
Everything seems to be lining up. Though those cards are based off the Janemba movie with the halos so who knows?

Would be funny if they pulled a bait and switch though.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2018 07:49 PM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Indeed. No doubt the film will have some enjoyable moments regardless tho, even if I'd have liked something new/different with this premise.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2018 09:18 PM