KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » Dragon Ball Super: Broly - Discussion Thread

Dragon Ball Super: Broly - Discussion Thread
Started by: Galan007

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (64): « First ... « 19 20 [21] 22 23 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
One Big Mob
Dead

Isn't Blue supposed to use vastly less power than 3? Could just be the God forms and power ****ing around with the earrings while fusion is more of a toll on the actual bodies and based off stamina of the forms.

Meh. If Gogeta is in it, I hope it's a full fight as I'd be pissed if they reverted back to the old movies where one big powerup attack ends it instantly.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2018 09:48 PM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

In the past, raw power output is what has shortened the life of fusions. That's why the boys stated that SSJ3 Gotenks could only exist for 5 minutes before cancelling-out their fusion. That's why Gowasu stated that SSB Vegetto could only exist for a few minutes before defusing. So in theory, a SSB Gogeta should follow suit with a shortened fusion as well.

...But that's previous canon. I'm not going to pretend like Toriyama strictly adheres to that, lol.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Aug 29th, 2018 at 01:51 AM

Old Post Aug 29th, 2018 01:39 AM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NotAllThatEvil
perpetual new guy.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Galan007
I mean, it's still purely speculation at this point. Updates in the game do not necessarily mean that is what we will be seeing in the movie.

That said, the fact that Broly and Gogeta are both debuting in the Winter DLC probably isn't coincidental, unfortunately.

A fight between them would have to be over very quickly, I'd imagine.

Heck, even when Gotenks powers up to SSJ3(which is many, many, many, many orders of magnitude below SSB), his fusion only lasts 5 minutes. Additionally, during Zamasu arc, even Goku and Vegeta's Potara fusion(which was supposed to last an hour) only lasted a few minutes as SSB before it defused... And Potara > Metamoran, so yeah...

Yes, but it also only took five minutes for namely to blow up, so...

Old Post Aug 29th, 2018 04:07 AM
NotAllThatEvil is currently offline Click here to Send NotAllThatEvil a Private Message Find more posts by NotAllThatEvil Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

It could also be SSBEMUI Gogeta. smile

That said, if Broly stalemates or even defeats FP Gogeta, then the gap between him and the likes of Beerus and Jiren is absurd.

”You presume limits to my power. There are none.”

Old Post Aug 29th, 2018 01:04 PM
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ is currently offline Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
It could also be SSBEMUI Gogeta. smile
That's a popular theory, because evidently Gogeta will have two forms, as even Bandai has designated it "Movie Character A1 & A2".

Hopefully that just means base and SSB, because a UI Gogeta would probably be one of the dumbest things I have ever seen in this franchise.

Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
That said, if Broly stalemates or even defeats FP Gogeta, then the gap between him and the likes of Beerus and Jiren is absurd.
I really, really hope a fusion --if indeed it happens-- doesn't make MUI irrelevant.

My biggest complaint here is *when* would Goku and Vegeta have possibly been practicing the fusion dance? They have both made it abundantly clear that they are trying to increase their *own* powers in their *own* ways -- so it'd be very out of character for them to all of the sudden pull a perfected fusion dance out of their asses, ftw.

Old Post Aug 29th, 2018 01:54 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Estacado
Legendary

Well since Broly is supposed to be stronger than the Gods Of Destruction it would be pretty meh if he lost to Blue Gogeta.

Merged Zamasu was doing pretty well against Vegito Blue and he is kinda weaksauce compared to Jiren..

Blue Gogeta vs Jiren who wins?

Bankai.

Last edited by Estacado on Aug 29th, 2018 at 02:59 PM

Old Post Aug 29th, 2018 02:55 PM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bbrem123

Originally posted by Estacado
Well since Broly is supposed to be stronger than the Gods Of Destruction it would be pretty meh if he lost to Blue Gogeta.

Merged Zamasu was doing pretty well against Vegito Blue and he is kinda weaksauce compared to Jiren..

Unless we go by the manga version of SSB Vegito. He stomped Zamasu.

Old Post Aug 29th, 2018 03:09 PM
bbrem123 is currently offline Click here to Send bbrem123 a Private Message Find more posts by bbrem123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by Estacado

I mean, Jiren had the "beyond a God of Destruction" hype going for him as well, so we'll have to see where Broly actually stands in the movie itself. But given the levels SSB Goku/Vegeta would be operating at in this movie, in addition to the ridiculously haxx multipliers the fusion dance gleans, a SSB Gogeta should be able to defeat Broly -- even if he is ~/> Beerus. Imo.

UI Gogeta would be stupid, and I hope it doesn't happen. I'd rather see SSB+KK Gogeta, tbh.

Last edited by Galan007 on Aug 29th, 2018 at 03:34 PM

Old Post Aug 29th, 2018 03:25 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by Galan007
I always appreciate subtle tie-ins like that. thumb up

I wouldn't be surprised if he got completely removed from the anime retelling, tbh.

Remember Tarble...?

Old Post Aug 29th, 2018 03:55 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

If Kikono is essential to the plot in any way, he'll be present in an anime retelling of this movie(assuming it happens.)

With Tarble, I think Toriyama had originally planned on using him at some point(hence the mention in BoG), but then scrapped him in favor of filling that role with Cabba.

Old Post Aug 29th, 2018 04:56 PM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

I suppose the previously established statement or whatever that potara fusion > metamoran dance fusion in power will also be retconned, since Vegito (in his last appearance against Zamasu at least) will have to be weaker in order for this Gogeta fanservice to be of any sense/value. Who knows though, maybe the Gogeta fusion will disperse before it gets to finish off Broly, and it merely softens him up a bit like Vegito with Zamasu.

I see it more likely though that Gogeta will outright finish Broly, as a nod to how he was with Janemba in Fusion Reborn, since older DBZ movie fanservice seems to be what this film is all about. Originality be damned.

Old Post Aug 29th, 2018 07:04 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

I mean, Goku and Vegeta as of this movie would be vastly more powerful than they were during the Zamasu arc... Their power growth during the ToP was just f*cking asinine. So I can't even imagine how powerful a SSB Gogeta would be -- especially if they tack on Vegeta's ASSB, and/or Goku's KKx20 on top of that. I definitely do not want to see UI Gogeta, though. /shrug

If anything gets retconned, I hope it's the time-limit of the fusion shortening the more powerful it becomes. Because if SSJ3 dropped the fusion time of Gotenks down to 5 minutes, then SSB would logically drop it down to, what? A second or two?

Like you and Bran said: I want Gogeta to actually do more than pop-in at the very end of the battle for a few seconds and own/kill Broly with a single attack. That last second powerup ownage shit has been done to death(especially in the movies.)

Last edited by Galan007 on Aug 29th, 2018 at 07:38 PM

Old Post Aug 29th, 2018 07:31 PM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Oh yeah, just going by how stronger Goku and Vegeta became throughout the ToP alone would make a current Gogeta far stronger than Zamasu arc Vegito; wasn't disputing that, but going by the whole potara fusion > fusion dance thing, wouldn't it make more sense to just use Vegito/potara again, instead of Goku and Vegeta suddenly pulling the metamorean dance out of their asses? Even if both fusions have a time limit now thanks to that retcon... Though I wouldn't mind if the time limit thing itself were retconned, now that ya mention it.

But yeah.

Last edited by Ridley_Prime on Aug 29th, 2018 at 08:51 PM

Old Post Aug 29th, 2018 08:49 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Potara would make a LOT more sense than it being revealed that Goku and Vegeta have been practicing the fusion dance in their spare time.

Old Post Aug 29th, 2018 09:13 PM
Damborgson
King of the Damboys

Vegito was already nearing the blurring point with Beerus during the Zamasu arc, I can't imagine how powerful he'll be now. Whether its Gogeta or Vegito, that is.

-Abhi Killer- X2

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f105/t655309.html

Old Post Aug 30th, 2018 07:39 PM
Damborgson is currently offline Click here to Send Damborgson a Private Message Find more posts by Damborgson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

But will it be enough to beat Paragus and his pink dress?

Broly is not the main threat here, guys.

Old Post Aug 30th, 2018 08:47 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

A bit more subtle confirmation that we're getting Gogeta...

There are three promotional DBZ movies currently playing in theaters in preparation for this movie(three specific movies out of 19 they could have chosen from):
1.) Broly, The Legendary Super Saiyan (for obvious reasons.)
2.) Bardock, The Father of Goku (Saiyan history will play a huge role in this movie, and it also looks as though one of the scenes in the trailer is mimicking the scene from Minus, where Bardock and Gine send Goku to earth.)
3.) Fusion Reborn (likely because Gogeta is going to appear.)

And FUNimation recently Tweeted this:

(please log in to view the image)

Tack that onto the Xenoverse 2 datamine which revealed that Gogeta will be included in the upcoming winter DLC, and it's really hard to believe this is all coincidental. /shrug

Old Post Aug 31st, 2018 01:11 AM
Estacado
Legendary

Galan is the Batman of KMC.

Bankai.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2018 08:39 AM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

I would love to see Gogeta in the movie.

Just hope it doesn't end with another Miracle Blow or Stardust Breaker... we deserve better than that.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2018 04:00 PM
Estacado
Legendary

thumb up

It should end with Goku dying and Vegeta becoming the main character and Broly becomes his master..

Bankai.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2018 04:20 PM