KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Hollywood glorifies violence, but blames the NRA and Conservatives

Hollywood glorifies violence, but blames the NRA and Conservatives
Started by: Blindside12

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (10): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Silent Master

quote: (post)
Originally posted by jaden101
Back to the old "if it doesn't work 100% of the time and from right this minute then there's no point" argument.

Great.

Not at all, but thanks for proving that you don't know how to read.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2018 12:52 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Originally posted by snowdragon
Exactly, it's the typical fall back point to those "let's have a discussion" people.

Let's ban high capacity magazines..........no way they'll bring more and still reload super fast.....

Ban bump stocks..........that won't fix anything

Ban silencers..........silencers don't kill people

Let's talk and find a solution.......let's do mental health checks prior to the purchase of firearms............ (you never explained this.)

So back to square one, let's find a solution to this problem we'll keep "talking about it"......(and of course the purpose of that circular jerk off is to find no solution.)

No, it's a strawman because that wasn't even close to the reason I gave for his idea not working. as for your idea of ban everything you don't like. you haven't actually given a valid reason for doing so.

I already said that I support mental health checks, just not as a prerequisite of exercising a consitutional right. but I'd be willing to support it, if it was applied to all consitutional rights.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2018 01:04 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Silent Master
Not at all, but thanks for proving that you don't know how to read.

Staggering irony.

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2018 01:06 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
snowdragon

I already said that I support mental health checks, just not as a prerequisite of exercising a consitutional right. but I'd be willing to support it, if it was applied to all consitutional rights.

Yes, I was looking for an explanation for your statement on this.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2018 01:07 PM
snowdragon is currently offline Click here to Send snowdragon a Private Message Find more posts by snowdragon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Staggering irony.

Not at all, my point was that I don't think it'd pass at all and that even if it did and was hack/disable proof. all it would do is create a demand on the back market for guns without sed devices.

IOW, I don't see it lowering the number of "mass shootings" at all.

Yes, I was looking for an explanation for your statement on this.

The statement is rather straight forward, what don't you understand?

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2018 01:19 PM
snowdragon

Not at all, my point was that I don't think it'd pass at all and that even if it did and was hack/disable proof. all it would do is create a demand on the back market for guns without sed devices.

The statement is rather straight forward, what don't you understand?

I was looking for an explanation because I don't believe you understand the implications of your statement.

Mental health checks for free speech......so everytime I express myself? Mental health checks prior to every vote........last time i checked running into a school with a megaphone shouting rhetoric doesn't/hasn't killed anyone........

I also explained why high capacity magazines should be banned, they have ZERO impact on your right to bear arms, yet they clearly make guns MORE lethal and dangerous.

Obvious is obvious, otherwise, if it didn't matter the military would still be using bolt-action rifles with 5 round magazines as standard issue to all troops.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2018 01:38 PM
snowdragon is currently offline Click here to Send snowdragon a Private Message Find more posts by snowdragon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

If we go with your idea, just treat it like a regular license. they have to be renewed every X months/years.

Your explanation is that they're not needed, I don't see that as a valid reason to ban something.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2018 01:46 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Come to think of it, isn't requiring an ID to purchase a gun racist against minorities? Just like the voting ID thing. Poor guys, we're so mean to these people sad

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2018 01:47 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

Well you were concerned about costs of geofencing. Something that supermarkets use to disable shopping carts within a certain distance of a store. I've seen examples of it implemented that cost stores $18,000 and that included the disabling mechanisms on over 150 carts. A cost that would be borne by the purchaser of an outfitted weapon rather than the school/public body. And this is one of the more expensive potential solutions.

The concern of technology being circumvented is also a red herring.

Why bother having a lock on your front door is people can just break them anyway. Not having door locks wouldn't result in an increase in home robberies.

Why bother having alarms, steering locks and engine immobilisers in cars if people can still steal them anyway. They haven't resulted in any decrease in car thefts at all. Except the 60% decrease since the 1990s.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2018 01:56 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
snowdragon

Your explanation is that they're not needed, I don't see that as a valid reason to ban something.

That is only HALF of what I said, they make semi-automatic weapons MORE lethal giving them a higher uptime for shooting and less time reloading, fewer magazines to carry. High capacity magazines make it easier to shoot more rounds faster, banning them doesn't affect your ability to bear arms, especially as it pertains to public safety.

Just like silencers make guns more lethal in the sense they can mask a lot of noise and prevent people from hearing the gun firing, silencers have nothing to do with your right to bear arms especially as it pertains to public safety.

Bump stocks, allow unskilled/low skilled shooters the ability to fire more rounds faster, hence more lethal. Not required for you to have the right to bear arms especially as it pertains to public safety.

So when we look at items on the list I discuss "talking about safety" none of them say ban a gun, not one of my ideas. So public safety is #1 then toys for them AR "style" weapons come in the last place.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2018 01:59 PM
Silent Master

Well you were concerned about costs of geofencing. Something that supermarkets use to disable shopping carts within a certain distance of a store. I've seen examples of it implemented that cost stores $18,000 and that included the disabling mechanisms on over 150 carts. A cost that would be borne by the purchaser of an outfitted weapon rather than the school/public body. And this is one of the more expensive potential solutions.

The concern of technology being circumvented is also a red herring.

Why bother having a lock on your front door is people can just break them anyway. Not having door locks wouldn't result in an increase in home robberies.

Why bother having alarms, steering locks and engine immobilisers in cars if people can still steal them anyway. They haven't resulted in any decrease in car thefts at all. Except the 60% decrease since the 1990s.

Among other things yes, But I specifically brought up the cost because you mention the costs of mental health care. A much bigger problem though however would be that I doubt people will be all that happy with allowing the government to have the ability to essentially turn off their guns. as that goes directly against the 2nd amendment.

Or as another poster said.

Originally posted by Tzeentch
The "gun-blocker" is going to become obsolete mighty fast when, several months after its released, there's three hundred videos on youtube showing you how to jail-break your gun in 5 minutes.

That's not even considering the fact that there's already billions of guns that exist that won't have these transmitters, meaning a massive gun trafficking black market would open up. If this gun-blocker was set-up tomorrow, it would be decades before we'd start to.see the benefits, since the people who want to commit crime will just... illegally buy guns that don't have transmitter s on them.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2018 02:03 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Surtur
Come to think of it, isn't requiring an ID to purchase a gun racist against minorities? Just like the voting ID thing. Poor guys, we're so mean to these people sad

My bad, I forgot voting was a constitutional right.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2018 02:05 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

That is only HALF of what I said, they make semi-automatic weapons MORE lethal giving them a higher uptime for shooting and less time reloading, fewer magazines to carry. High capacity magazines make it easier to shoot more rounds faster, banning them doesn't affect your ability to bear arms, especially as it pertains to public safety.

Just like silencers make guns more lethal in the sense they can mask a lot of noise and prevent people from hearing the gun firing, silencers have nothing to do with your right to bear arms especially as it pertains to public safety.

Bump stocks, allow unskilled/low skilled shooters the ability to fire more rounds faster, hence more lethal. Not required for you to have the right to bear arms especially as it pertains to public safety.

So when we look at items on the list I discuss "talking about safety" none of them say ban a gun, not one of my ideas. So public safety is #1 then toys for them AR "style" weapons come in the last place.

"More lethal" also isn't a valid reason for banning them. I mean using the more lethal argument. why not just ban all cartridges above a .22? after all doing so wouldn't ban a gun?

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2018 02:10 PM
snowdragon

"More lethal" also isn't a valid reason for banning them. I mean using the more lethal argument. why not just ban all cartridges above a .22? after all doing so wouldn't ban a gun?

Because comparing lethality of specific rounds as opposed to the number of rounds is more important in a non-combatant situation.

Why have speed limits....why why why..........public safety AND you still get to keep all your guns (without high capacity mags, bump stocks, silencers.) Total win for everyone.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2018 02:17 PM
Nibedicus
Gaming addict

Among other things yes, But I specifically brought up the cost because you mention the costs of mental health care. A much bigger problem though however would be that I doubt people will be all that happy with allowing the government to have the ability to essentially turn off their guns. as that goes directly against the 2nd amendment.

Yeah, I made the suggestion months ago. The problem was basically the implementation and how well such a measure would be sustained. Too hard to implement thoroughly and too easy a bypass.

A simpler measure where the control would be out of the hands of the shooter would be better.

Like the smokescreen idea I had. big grin

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2018 02:23 PM
Nibedicus is currently offline Click here to Send Nibedicus a Private Message Find more posts by Nibedicus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

As we are just repeating ourselves, let's move on to a different point. What do you classify as a high-capacity magazine?

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2018 02:24 PM
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

This discussion

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2018 02:25 PM
Silent Master

Originally posted by Nibedicus
Yeah, I made the suggestion months ago. The problem was basically the implementation and how well such a measure would be sustained. Too hard to implement thoroughly and too easy a bypass.

A simpler measure where the control would be out of the hands of the shooter would be better.

Like the smokescreen idea I had. big grin

IMO, the main problem is the people committing the crimes so that is where we should be focusing.

That said, I'm all for making guns safer as long as it doesn't involve taking things away from law abiding citizens.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2018 02:32 PM
Blindside12
Restricted

Account Restricted

I guess some people see my point of view in Hollywood.

"Liz Keen will never carry an assault rifle again and I am deeply sorry for participating in glorifying them in the past. Yours, girl from Florida"

https://twitter.com/MeganBoone/stat...ault-weapons%2F

To late for anyone else here to take credit for being for this stance cept me, specially the leftists who laughed about it.

Thanks Esta!

Old Post Mar 1st, 2018 08:39 PM
Blindside12 is currently offline Click here to Send Blindside12 a Private Message Find more posts by Blindside12 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Are we back to blameshifting movies and videos games for the actions of people because it's Trump's new thing? And here I thought it was just "leftist" who didn't hold people accountable for their own actions. Weird.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Mar 1st, 2018 08:44 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote