KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Schumer the Clown "I wont vote for this judge because he's white."

Schumer the Clown "I wont vote for this judge because he's white."
Started by: Blindside12

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by jaden101
When you think you've seen the most retarded statements you'll ever see on KMC then along comes this.

I really wonder if people who say such nonsense are earnest. Or if they're trolls.

I mean, it has us worked up, and we're sure not Trumpers. Pretty much all this line of reasoning does is stifle debate, because it's (dare I say it) "triggering" to everyone who hears it (Whether they agree with it or not.)

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2018 08:26 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
aaylasecura95

Originally posted by cdtm
Now explain why being in a majority position of power and wealth is a valid criticism. Why is success a bad thing?
because the 'success' is built on centuries of slavery oppression and segregation which still leaves marks in our society. affirmative actions and true reparations are needed to end the unfair privilege.

love and kindness:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHp69F7vrLU

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2018 08:26 PM
aaylasecura95 is currently offline Click here to Send aaylasecura95 a Private Message Find more posts by aaylasecura95 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

IMO aalyasecura95 is racist.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2018 08:27 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nibedicus
Gaming addict

Originally posted by aalyasecura95
yes but they do not have it as bad as black people and have people in positions of power that legislate on behalf of their interests. white privilege is universal among all white people to some degree due to this. i shouldn't even need to mention how the cops treat black ppl.

Wc doesn’t apply when he’s in japan and has no money.

You know there are other countries other than the US right?

And that priviledge is not universal.

And that your economic condition is a far greater indicator of “priviledge” than race?

Question: can a poor black person be racist?

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2018 08:27 PM
Nibedicus is currently offline Click here to Send Nibedicus a Private Message Find more posts by Nibedicus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blindside12
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Blindside12
This isnt about Europe, Im talking about an Italian who immigrated to this country in the 20's and made a life for himself and his family here in America.

Originally posted by Blindside12
Race isnt the same as skin color, there are white Iraqis, there are also white Spaniards, there are white Persians, there are white Australians, there are white Japanese, there are White Chinese, there are white Vietnamese etc.

Keep dodging this.

Thanks Esta!

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2018 08:28 PM
Blindside12 is currently offline Click here to Send Blindside12 a Private Message Find more posts by Blindside12 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

okay but i am mainly talking about his origins and his home country. white people are born into better conditions than black people are most of the time and are far less likely to be shot by cops or arrested. that gives them more power to improve their condition that black ppl don't have....

a homeless and unemployed person who apparently has the wealth to move across countries and start a new life.... yep i think this is just a bs hypothetical that does not disprove my point.

What you're failing to understand is that power is not needed to be racist. Anyone of any race can be racist. A white guy calling a black guy the N word is racist, and a mexican guy calling a black guy the N word is racist.

What requires power is imposing your own racist views on society as a whole. An example would be someone trying to get a law passed to make it so all blacks need to sit in the back of the bus.

And these days there isn't really any white privilege. Instead you have class privilege.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2018 08:33 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

because the 'success' is built on centuries of slavery oppression and segregation which still leaves marks in our society. affirmative actions and true reparations are needed to end the unfair privilege.

Penalizing people who had nothing to do with slavery in order to make up for the fact slavery was a thing is silly.

On top of that,, only a very small percentage of Americans actually owned slaves.

As for affirmative action , I have a question. Let us say you had a black guy and a white guy up for the same job. The white guy is more qualified, but upon doing research it turns out his ancestors owned slaves. Who should get the job?

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2018 08:41 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

So what would be "true reparations". Seeing as you're speaking for all black people.

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2018 08:43 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
aaylasecura95

okay it looks like a lot of white ppl are flipping out when i call out their privilege. i am not saying that people of other cultures cannot be poor or say prejudiced things, but white ppl have a special privilege and place in society due to slavery and oppression and also colonialism. in their native countries this gives white people the power to turn their prejudice into racist policy that discriminates against other people. you cannot say that policy crafted to help minorities who have no power is racist because they are simply correcting the wrongs that already exist, and actually don't have much representation or ability to escape/improve their condition as whites do.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2018 08:46 PM
aaylasecura95 is currently offline Click here to Send aaylasecura95 a Private Message Find more posts by aaylasecura95 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
aaylasecura95

Originally posted by jaden101
So what would be "true reparations". Seeing as you're speaking for all black people.
it would come in a combination of many different forms. of course there are cash payments but also infrastructure projects with jobs reserved for black ppl. also we need more housing and give black people the same help that white people got for mortgages. then we need much more investment into the education in black areas where the schools are struggling. these are just a few of the solutions and experts could probably list many more.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2018 08:48 PM
Silent Master

Nobody is flipping out over a racist pointing out their massively biased opinion. but nice try at using the "you mad" tactic.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2018 08:51 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nibedicus
Gaming addict

okay it looks like a lot of white ppl are flipping out when i call out their privilege. i am not saying that people of other cultures cannot be poor or say prejudiced things, but white ppl have a special privilege and place in society due to slavery and oppression and also colonialism. in their native countries this gives white people the power to turn their prejudice into racist policy that discriminates against other people. you cannot say that policy crafted to help minorities who have no power is racist because they are simply correcting the wrongs that already exist, and actually don't have much representation or ability to escape/improve their condition as whites do.

Check my location. I’m not white.

And I don’t get the logic of everything else you posted. Weren’t we talking about what makes a person racist?

And pls answer my question: can a poor black man be racist?

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2018 08:58 PM
Nibedicus is currently offline Click here to Send Nibedicus a Private Message Find more posts by Nibedicus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Indeed, SM.

Frankly, he's welcome to believe what he likes.

I don't think anyone here will argue against the fact America has a history of exploitation. The trail of tears, slavery, discrimination against immigrants.

My main issue, is chalking this up to "blame white people forever" line doesn't have any substance to it.

Who counts as white, for example? Anyone who looks it?

Is a white arab, a white hispanic, and a white person of jewish descent equally responsible for "reparations"?

And how much is "enough"? How do you set a dollar amount on this?

It's not really worth arguing against a non argument..

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2018 08:59 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
aaylasecura95

@nibedicus: no but he can be prejudiced. he doesn't have the power to oppress and discriminate in a meaningful way however and so that prejudice cannot be translated to true racism.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2018 09:00 PM
Silent Master

So if a white person and 3 black people were shipwrecked on a deserted Island, could the black people be racist?

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2018 09:03 PM
Nibedicus
Gaming addict

@nibedicus: no but he can be prejudiced. he doesn't have the power to oppress and discriminate in a meaningful way however and so that prejudice cannot be translated to true racism.

So what you’re saying is that in a dark alley, armed with a knife, a poor black man does not hold power over a white woman?

And that if he attacked, raped and killed her solely based on the fact that she was white and he hates white ppl, this is simply discrimination and not racism?

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2018 09:03 PM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

A person of color, or a minority can have power in this country.

I can apply for a job in a predominantly Indian consulting agency, and be turned down because I m not Indian. (And for the record, this has happened enough to require legal enforcement of non Indian quota's. Including "white" non Indians.)

Power is fairly relative in this country. Silicon Valley is majority white. Hollywood,,at the top levels, is not.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2018 09:07 PM
Flyattractor

yes

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2018 09:07 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
aaylasecura95

@nibedicus: not in broader society no. he still lacks power in society. however he is clearly prejudiced for singling out a white woman to attack. but this does not change the privilege of white people in society at large, who actually have the power to oppress and discriminate minorities and deny them opportunities.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2018 09:14 PM
Flyattractor

So what about in Countries where other "People of Minority"
are OPPRESSED by Other People of Color?

Should we blame that on White People too?

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2018 09:16 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote