KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Fantomex Vs Sensor Girl

Fantomex Vs Sensor Girl
Started by: Zack M

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
One Big Mob
Dead

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Zack M
BTW, she would see right through his misdirections. She can see through false realities, and that is what Fantomex does, he "skewers reality". There is NO guarantee that his misdirection would even work, which makes this fight interesting.
"Interesting"

You're under the assumption she can see through everything he can do and that her powers will totally work. This fight is interesting, but you didn't think so coming in.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2018 09:24 PM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

she sees through realities? wtf? scans? and yes, bran, like didgi said, occasionally he accidentally sets up a scenario that works out...

Old Post Mar 6th, 2018 09:36 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Originally posted by One Big Mob
"Interesting"

You're under the assumption she can see through everything he can do and that her powers will totally work. This fight is interesting, but you didn't think so coming in.

I did. Both are similar in nature, similar costume, similar powers, etc...

Old Post Mar 6th, 2018 10:00 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

I'd love to hear more about Sensor Girl tbh, she seems interesting, but can't really take anything Zack says at face value. I did appreciate abhi jumping in earlier, at least.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2018 10:02 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

so...no scans of her seeing through realities then? imagine my shock. no expression

Old Post Mar 6th, 2018 10:22 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Patience, patience. Beatbok's probably has a load of scans, but I'll post some.

Projecta has fooled beings like Mordru:

(please log in to view the image)

Sensor Girl creates duplicates of herself vs the Persuader.

Even after Nemesis Kid overcomes her illusions (As some of you think it might not affect Fantom), she still snaps his neck.

Even the beehive was back!� But the entire point of the reboot was creating new takes on the old characters, and Jeckie was no exception.� When an alien attack forced the newest Legionnaires into action, Projectra’s powers were especially useful, as she could see THROUGH illusions (and also Umbra/Shadow Lass’ darkness) to the truth.

Sensor Girl is a top tier MA. Trained by no other than Val Armorr.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2018 10:46 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

It would be interesting to see if SG can take Fantomex's senses away from him. smile

Old Post Mar 6th, 2018 10:48 PM
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

i'm still not sure where you're getting that she can see through realities.... nothing in those scans indicates she could break a misdirect.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2018 11:00 PM
Senor Cage

A misdirection is just a type of illusion. She can see right through them. She can probably take away his senses, to throw him off.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2018 11:05 PM
Senor Cage

As for the most recent version of SG, she has magic spells to draw upon. She doesn't have to necessarily see a person to affect them.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2018 11:42 PM
meep-meep
What are you angry about?

Originally posted by Vanguard
I had to read that two and a half times to understand.

I swear I did the exact same thing.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2018 11:54 PM
meep-meep is currently offline Click here to Send meep-meep a Private Message Find more posts by meep-meep Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Now, let's see Sensor Girl's last feat:

Tharok was connected to the quark, which connected him to the universe and gave him unlimited power. This power gave him control over a Promethean Giant.

Yet, Sensor Girl was able to disrupt Tharok's control over his reality.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2018 12:07 AM
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

geezus, how many times does it need repeating--misdirect is NOT ILLUSION. no matter how many times you SAY it's an illusion, it is NOT an illusion..... seriously, wtf? you don't need to "break" reality to shatter an illusion. the list of people and beings fooled is ridiculous. not illusion. no proof she could she through it. not hard.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2018 01:03 AM
Senor Cage

Yet, we've seen Psylocke break free. Fantom will be manipulating her sense of reality, and Jackie can see right through that.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2018 01:06 AM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

The key here, is whether Fantomex can fool unconventional levels of environment sensing. Could he fool a blind man, for example? Either Matt, or a blind guy using a cane?

Could he fool Spider Sense? Could he fool Jedi sensory tricks? Could he fool Sticks "chi senses"?

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2018 01:11 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

well, he fooled a CELESTIAL SHIP. common sense would dictate that it had pretty advanced sensory arrays. and it certainly doesn't "see" or "smell"...

anyway, i'm good with this discussion. if someone else comes in besides prep and tries making a case with relevant proof, maybe i'll change my mind. atm, i don't see anyway she can see through his power and even if he is fooled, she'd stop using her powers when she thought she won and he'd kill her while she was still in the misdirect.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2018 01:20 AM
Senor Cage

Why can't SHE fool him? She's fooled things like a Sun Eater, for crying out loud. What if it's whoever strikes FIRST type of fight?

Old Post Mar 7th, 2018 01:24 AM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by leonidas
so...psylocke didn't break it? and it is manifestly NOT illusion.

https://imgur.com/a/uGc70

https://imgur.com/a/kMOpo

that goat monk was actually jamie f'n braddock. braddock recognized it was a lie after being fooled briefly, but recognition wasn't enough to escape it, he actually had to BREAK THE REALITY fantomex created. and of course he is a reality manipulator of the tallest order.

i don't see anyway she can she through or break a misdirect when braddock couldn't, nor could celestial technology.... she could maybe trick him briefly, but between his multiple brains and his own ability to make her think she won, i don't she how she can win this thing, ultimately.

She did it on a different occasion.

But I like how Fantomex is this invincible character who cannot be fooled by someone else.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2018 04:45 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by leonidas
well, he fooled a CELESTIAL SHIP. common sense would dictate that it had pretty advanced sensory arrays. and it certainly doesn't "see" or "smell"...

anyway, i'm good with this discussion. if someone else comes in besides prep and tries making a case with relevant proof, maybe i'll change my mind. atm, i don't see anyway she can see through his power and even if he is fooled, she'd stop using her powers when she thought she won and he'd kill her while she was still in the misdirect.

Why would this "celestial ship" be any different than controlling a promethean giant?

Oh right, nobody can break the misdirection even when they can straight up see through it and beat him in his own game.

I like this invincible Fantomex.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2018 04:46 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

i wonder if the merge allowed him to keep the misdirect

Old Post Mar 7th, 2018 04:47 AM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote