KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » ROTJ Luke Skywalker vs. Count Dooku

ROTJ Luke Skywalker vs. Count Dooku
Started by: Rebel95

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

doesn't canon have luke >/= vader? Did I miss something?

Old Post Apr 18th, 2018 05:27 AM
Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Does it? I'm just thinking back to Filoni's comments and that absurd H2H book putting Kylo above Luke.

Issue with Canon is that there's no concrete and consistent power ranking at all. It's really just left up to us.

Was Vader weakened by his love for Luke? I dunno.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Apr 18th, 2018 05:30 AM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MythLord
Diamond

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
that absurd H2H book putting Kylo above Luke.

Eh? Wut?

"Hello, Starlight."

Old Post Apr 18th, 2018 05:51 AM
Click here to Send MythLord a Private Message Find more posts by MythLord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Well Filoni certainly has a ranking, as he has made clear on multiple occasions inside and outside of Canon.

Luke is shit tier to him. So Lord help Luke if Filonis next animation includes him.

Old Post Apr 18th, 2018 07:48 AM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by MythLord
Eh? Wut?
He's talking about the Head-to-Head books(published by Scholastic.) They essentially create 'what-if' scenarios that pit different characters against one another, and also give their respective physical stats.

Some examples:
Sidious vs. Grievous
Yoda vs. Vader
Han vs. Jango
MagnaGuard vs. Royal Guard
etc. etc. etc.

The instance DarthAnt is citing is from the TFA: Head-to-Head book. Luke is pitted against Kylo in a theoretical battle. Kylo wins according to the book.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Apr 18th, 2018 at 03:47 PM

Old Post Apr 18th, 2018 03:45 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Which is clearly bogus.

Old Post Apr 18th, 2018 04:34 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Canon is bogus and more inconsistent than my golf 3-wood shots.

"Technology equals might!" "Evolve or perish"

Old Post Apr 18th, 2018 06:03 PM
Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Underachiever59

Originally posted by Kurk
Canon is bogus and more inconsistent than my golf 3-wood shots.

Yes, because Legends was sooo consistent, and never contradicted itself.

The only clear inconsistency in Canon that I've seen was in Darth Vader (2017) #13, and as soon as the mistake was noticed, the digital releases were fixed within a week.

Old Post Apr 18th, 2018 07:39 PM
Click here to Send Underachiever59 a Private Message Find more posts by Underachiever59 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

My point is, legends depended far more on the technical aspects of characters, weapons, etc while this new canon just kinda makes things flex around what the plot demands without too much consideration for "Does this make sense?".

"Technology equals might!" "Evolve or perish"

Old Post Apr 18th, 2018 09:45 PM
Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Does it? I'm just thinking back to Filoni's comments and that absurd H2H book putting Kylo above Luke.

Issue with Canon is that there's no concrete and consistent power ranking at all. It's really just left up to us.

Was Vader weakened by his love for Luke? I dunno.

Well, Hildago does imply Vader wasn't fully commited to the darkside vs Luke in his oft misinterpreted comments regarding Vader's prime.

It's plausible for someone with Luke+ potential to surpass vader after a decade of training, but then Snoke seems to imply TLJ Ren is sub Vader at the beginning of TLJ.

That said, these books are proving to be increasingly dubious regarding canon:
-> Vader> Sidious?
-> TPM Maul> Dooku?
-> Saying Maul "easily drove Grievous back" when he just tk'd him off a platform?

Canon overall just isn't very consistent despite throwing out all the old lore for the purpose of making everything consistent.

Last edited by Rockydonovang on Apr 22nd, 2018 at 12:29 AM

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2018 12:26 AM
Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Rockydonovang

-> Saying Maul "easily drove Grievous back" when he just tk'd him off a platform?

Wheres that stated?

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2018 01:20 AM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

fact files

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2018 01:25 AM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Cool.

Well given comic book fights are hard to accurately interpret -we never once see them actually clash Sabers in that fight- I will take the fact files word on that.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2018 01:33 AM
Forschbewithu

Well, Hildago does imply Vader wasn't fully commited to the darkside vs Luke in his oft misinterpreted comments regarding Vader's prime.

It's plausible for someone with Luke+ potential to surpass vader after a decade of training, but then Snoke seems to imply TLJ Ren is sub Vader at the beginning of TLJ.

That said, these books are proving to be increasingly dubious regarding canon:
-> Vader> Sidious?
-> TPM Maul> Dooku?

Canon overall just isn't very consistent despite throwing out all the old lore for the purpose of making everything consistent.

Damn... Is there a scan out there of the Kylo vs. Luke head to head? How do these books imply Vader > Sidious and TPM Maul > Dooku?

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2018 06:04 PM
Click here to Send Forschbewithu a Private Message Find more posts by Forschbewithu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Originally posted by Kurk
My point is, legends depended far more on the technical aspects of characters, weapons, etc while this new canon just kinda makes things flex around what the plot demands without too much consideration for "Does this make sense?".

No wonder it's so wonky.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2018 06:13 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xPRIMEx

It's difficult to gauge how powerful Luke is in ROTJ since Vader may or may not have been hindered during their fight. In my opinion Luke would have lost if Vader wasn't emotionally conflicted, so I don't think he would be able to defeat the Count. Good fight though.

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2018 12:33 AM
Click here to Send xPRIMEx a Private Message Find more posts by xPRIMEx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mendax
Hand of God

-> Vader> Sidious?
Where was this stated?

-> TPM Maul> Dooku?
Where was this stated?

But TKing GG off a platform IS driving him back. No discrepancy there.

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2018 12:48 AM
Click here to Send Mendax a Private Message Find more posts by Mendax Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xPRIMEx

There's a book (don't remember the name) that lists the top 5 red lightsaber users, that's probably what he's referring to.

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2018 12:52 AM
Click here to Send xPRIMEx a Private Message Find more posts by xPRIMEx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Forschbewithu

Originally posted by xPRIMEx
There's a book (don't remember the name) that lists the top 5 red lightsaber users, that's probably what he's referring to.

Ah yes, that book is "Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know"

Gave the top red lightsaber duelists:

1. Vader
2. Sidious
3. Maul
4. Dooku
5. Ventress

So it suggests Vader > Palpatine & TPM Maul > Dooku in sabers, but not all out battles... Although it would obviously play a part.

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2018 01:41 AM
Click here to Send Forschbewithu a Private Message Find more posts by Forschbewithu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
relentless1
Dark Overlord of KMC

already don't buy it; hows Vader above Sidious or Maul above Dooku?? thats a shit list

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2018 03:54 AM
Click here to Send relentless1 a Private Message Find more posts by relentless1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote