KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » We're pretty good

We're pretty good
Started by: The Ellimist

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Emperordmb
LSDMB

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Rockydonovang
I never said you were homophobic. It just seems to me your selectively remembering the good things from the good old days due to nolstalgia.

That the main issues you have with American culture don't involve legal oppression speaks volumes of how much we've progressed.

I'm not selectively remembering only the good things, I'll even admit that gay marriage and gay acceptance was a great achievement of the past decade, but unless I'm not remembering something that's really the only cultural achievement and a lot of the other cultural shifts have been regressive.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Apr 24th, 2018 08:11 PM
Emperordmb is currently offline Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

What was better about 2000-2010 compared to right now, culturally?

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Apr 24th, 2018 08:15 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by The Ellimist
When do you think we were at our peak culturally?

1920 post-August.

Women got the right to vote.

And if I'm not mistaken, Socioeconomic Mobility for blacks was higher in the 1920s, despite the racism, black families were nowhere near as fractured (far less single-parent families).

http://faculty.econ.ucdavis.edu/fac...20the%20USA.pdf

If we could bring back the SEM from the 1920s for blacks, but keep the 1970s rights for blacks, and keep all those women's rights the same, 1920 post-August seems best.

Basically, I don't like any of it as there is shit in all of it. And choosing 1920 just because the right to vote for women is important to me (more important that race issues), I'd have to choose 1920 instead of any other year.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2018 08:16 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Obama did set the Country back in Race Relations to a worse level of Racism and Hatred since probably the days of slavery.. Probably even worse then then to be true.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2018 08:16 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by Flyattractor
Obama did set the Country back in Race Relations to a worse level of Racism and Hatred since probably the days of slavery.. Probably even worse then then to be true.

Nah, he didn't. Not at all. thumb up

Old Post Apr 24th, 2018 08:19 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Originally posted by Emperordmb
I'm not selectively remembering only the good things, I'll even admit that gay marriage and gay acceptance was a great achievement of the past decade, but unless I'm not remembering something that's really the only cultural achievement and a lot of the other cultural shifts have been regressive.

-> More and more states have stopped violating the rights of people due to their avenue of recreation

-> Sexual Assault is now reported and people are spilling the beans, even in industries like Hollywood

-> More diverse groups of people are reaching the top of industries

-> More people support citizens getting equal representation

-> More people support voting rights

-> Countries like Chile have become more and more democratic

-> Religions have been forced to drop immoral dogmas

-> The pope is now less sexist, racist, and homophobic than our last one

-> Anchors like Bill Reilly are resigning when sexual allegations pile up

-> Democracy continues to get more and more popular around the world

-> Sensationalist journalism is getting more critizism

-> Racism is now heavily scrutinized. Remember when fox pushed Obama being a radical, unamerican muslim? Yeah they can't do that anymore.

You really have to cherrypick to come to the conclusion we've culturallly declined.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2018 08:21 PM
Rockydonovang is currently offline Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
snowdragon

quote:
-> Religions have been forced to drop immoral dogmas

Except for those silly countries that believe sharia and parts of sharia law should be the rule of country........silly Muslims and all.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2018 08:24 PM
snowdragon is currently offline Click here to Send snowdragon a Private Message Find more posts by snowdragon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

-> Racism is now heavily scrutinized. Remember when fox pushed Obama being a radical, unamerican muslim? Yeah they can't do that anymore.

Well, people like to muddy this one up.

Calling Trump all sorts of names because of his hair color and skin color is okay. Right? It's easier to call him that and we rationalize it by saying it's okay because he's a dick and a shithead.

Also, it's still stupid as hell to even care if Obama is Muslim. no expression

Old Post Apr 24th, 2018 08:25 PM
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Originally posted by snowdragon
Except for those silly countries that believe sharia and parts of sharia law should be the rule of country........silly Muslims and all.

pretty sure that was around in the 2000's too.
quote:
Calling Trump all sorts of names because of his hair color

Making fun of a president's hairdo isn't quite on par with pushing the narrative that the president isn't american, but okay.

quote:

and skin color is okay. Right?

And I'm sure you can cite me a source comparably mainstream as fox news that attacked Trump for being white?

Old Post Apr 24th, 2018 08:29 PM
Rockydonovang is currently offline Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Don't know when I could say we were at our "peak" culturally. But it does feel lately we've gone backwards in some ways.

Though I will get specific with around the time I think one specific aspect of culture peaked: Music peaked in the 60s and 70s IMO.

Though yes when it comes to quality of life yes things have gotten far far better,

Old Post Apr 24th, 2018 08:29 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

We peaked in the 1950s. As soon as blacks started getting the right to not be obstructed in voting, everything started going down hill. Pretty soon they were getting rid of polio and smallpox--those were time honored traditional diseases that leftist communists lobbied to have taken away from our children. Then the lead got taken out of our gasoline. Then the internet got invented. Then infant mortality and global poverty declined. Then we started seriously considering space exploration and missions to Mars.

I tells ya, it all started with them f*cking Jews given the n****** the right to not be legally oppressed. It was better back in the good 'ol days of women and non-Christians knowing their place.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2018 08:32 PM
Lord Lucien is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

DMB, you made a claim about how the early 21st century was our cultural peak; now either justify or withdraw it.

Originally posted by Putinbot1
Agreed, I also think something weird is happening to our youth due to the internet and rolepaying they now obsess about cartoon tweens instead of real women. Instead of having a modern equivalent of a Debbie harry poster at the end of there bed they wank off to pictures of Raven from the teen titans. ****ing ridiculous tbh.

I didn't think someone as oh so mature and wise as yourself would be familiar with Raven considering how busy you are with your 'bic boi' responsibilities.

If you can direct me to real-life women with masculine and dark triad personalities, I would be more than happy to pursue them. So far though, I haven't really found any yet who fit the description.

"Technology equals might!" "Evolve or perish"

Old Post Apr 24th, 2018 08:42 PM
Kurk is currently offline Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Originally posted by Kurk
DMB, you made a claim about how the early 21st century was our cultural peak; now either justify or withdraw it.

Yeah and then I had to go to calculus class. Give me an hour and a half my dude.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Apr 24th, 2018 08:47 PM
Emperordmb is currently offline Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Kurk

I didn't think someone as oh so mature and wise as yourself would be familiar with Raven considering how busy you are with your 'bic boi' responsibilities.

If you can direct me to real-life women with masculine and dark triad personalities, I would be more than happy to pursue them. So far though, I haven't really found any yet who fit the description.

You just had to go and make things creepy with those last few sentences...

Old Post Apr 24th, 2018 08:49 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

And I'm sure you can cite me a source comparably mainstream as fox news that attacked Trump for being white?

Sure! But you'll never agree to it or acknowledge it's existence because it goes against your preconceived political notions.

Trump was elected only because he iswhite. Trump doesn't deserve the Oval Office and he's only in the Oval Office because he's white. Trump's dumb and couldn't think his way out of a wet paperbag.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/01/08/us/t...dent/index.html

Try my simple test out: is it racist if you switch the race?

Obama was elected only because he is black. Obama doesn't deserve to be president and he only got elected because he's black. Obama's dumb and couldn't think his way out of a wet paperbag.

Well, shiiiit, sounds racist f*ck and this is the same shit people were saying about Obama AND people were calling it racist.

Hmmm...

HmmmmmmmmmMMMMMmMMMmMMMMMMMMMMmmm there Rockyboy. Hmmm. Hmmm indeeeeeeeed.

Also...Trump was elected because he's white and Americans are racist.

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazin...-coates/537909/

And toe-head. And orange-skin. And rich-cracker.

So I shit on people for saying Obama was a Muslim-terrorist who was going to take all of our guns. Just the same as I shit on people for denying the anti-White racism against Trump. Here's the kicker: I don't CARE if people say Trump is shit because he's white. Or that Obama is a rapist because he's black. It's stupid and ignorant, for sure, but it does nothing to make me upset.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2018 09:15 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Damn that was brutal.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2018 09:50 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

While Dmb of course didn't show approval to the homophobia, sexism, racism etc that existed in the 1910's, his suggestion that it was the cultural peak certainly does suggest that he considers the positives of the era to outweigh the innumerable gross injustices perpetrated during the period.

Last edited by Nephthys on Apr 24th, 2018 at 10:33 PM

Old Post Apr 24th, 2018 10:30 PM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist
The Shadow

^ ? He said 21st century, not 20th.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2018 10:31 PM
The Ellimist is currently offline Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

My mistake. Although now I'm left wondering what exactly he thought was so great about the America consumed by post-911 hysteria.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2018 10:34 PM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Nephthys
My mistake. Although now I'm left wondering what exactly he thought was so great about the America consumed by post-911 hysteria.

You sure seemed awfully ready to believe he was a homophobe though...

Old Post Apr 24th, 2018 10:37 PM