KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » My Xmen vs JLA

My Xmen vs JLA
Started by: carver9

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Baziemarc123
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by -Pr-
Metal =/= magnetic.

Magneto controls metal, i thought this was common lore?

Old Post May 6th, 2018 10:53 PM
Baziemarc123 is currently offline Click here to Send Baziemarc123 a Private Message Find more posts by Baziemarc123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Baziemarc123
Magneto controls metal, i thought this was common lore?

It is, but there seemed to be some argument as to whether a GL ring was magnetic. The argument that being metal is enough to be magnetic is a bad one to make.

Whether the GL ring is metal at all seems to be the better debate, though most of the League have fought Doctor Polaris before and fared relatively well against him, so Magneto's impact is up for debate, in all fairness.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post May 6th, 2018 11:22 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

(please log in to view the image)

It's not made from metal, anyway.

Old Post May 6th, 2018 11:23 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by DarkSaint85

Well, that's pretty definitive.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post May 6th, 2018 11:25 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Baziemarc123
Restricted

Account Restricted

I mean there's the infamous reality warper Proteus feat of Magneto

and Dr Light had no trouble having control over the rings

Old Post May 6th, 2018 11:25 PM
Baziemarc123 is currently offline Click here to Send Baziemarc123 a Private Message Find more posts by Baziemarc123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

I mean there's the infamous reality warper Proteus feat of Magneto

and Dr Light had no trouble having control over the rings

Wait, were you trying to mislead earlier??

first issue of Hal Jordan And The Green Lantern Corps disagrees with you. Hal created a HARD LIGHT metal, shaped it with blacksmith tools, and boom a new ring in that comic

Where does it say hard light metal??

Proteus isn't as fast as Superman.

Old Post May 6th, 2018 11:30 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Baziemarc123
Restricted

Account Restricted

Wait, were you trying to mislead earlier??

Where does it say hard light metal??

Proteus isn't as fast as Superman.

a hypersonic feat?

Old Post May 6th, 2018 11:34 PM
DarkSaint85

a hypersonic feat?

An attosecond feat.

IF you read it properly, he goes BEYOND hypersonic.

FIRST Supersonic.

THEN Hypersonic.

THEN beyond.

Edit: not that X-man couldn't cancel it out. Am just pointing out that MAgneto is the least of their worries.

Last edited by DarkSaint85 on May 6th, 2018 at 11:38 PM

Old Post May 6th, 2018 11:35 PM
Baziemarc123
Restricted

Account Restricted

An attosecond feat.

FIRST Supersonic.

THEN Hypersonic.

THEN beyond.

Edit: not that X-man couldn't cancel it out. Am just pointing out that MAgneto is the least of their worries.

Mags was able to lock onto Kitty Pryde's unique EM signature even though she was inside of an Intergalactic Bullet that was moving in hyperspace (which is WAAAAAAAAAAY faster than MMMMMMFTL.) at least a galaxy away. He did this before the High Evolutionary's long range scanners/sensors even sensed the bullet.:

https://arousinggrammardotcom.files...edemption30.jpg

at base levels, Mag's reaction time is 15Xs faster than a Normal Human. By tapping into magnetic fields, he can amp this to well over a million Xs faster. Stark learned this the hard way when he used millions of magnets against Magneto. Here's the scan where his reaction time/thought process time was amped up over 100,000Xs faster

https://imgur.com/rjDk5zN

that feat of Superman is nowhere near lightspeed. - I've calced it out, and while it is FAST (stupidly, ridiculously fast), one could do it considerably under lightspeed. Like, a lot.

What makes me laugh in that scan you have above is Clark talking about it buying her an Attosecond. Clearly the writer has no idea how minute amount of time an attosecond is. It's stupid, because the bullet is basically frozen if we're counting Attoseconds (and will be frozen, essentially without getting anywhere, since it is travelling roughly 2.8E-13 MILLIMETERS in an attosecond, which means if it's 5mm to her skull out of the barrel of the gun (I think it's 10mm, but let's go with 5), it'll take the damn bullet ~17 800 000 000 000 attoseconds for it to hit her skull (<-- some numbers here might be off, because this is a quick and dirty calculation, but you get the idea). So her 'buying an attosecond' is somewhat meaningless, here. And smells like BS.

Also because Clark doesn't do stuff in 'Attoseconds'. He's not THAT fast.

And if he was fast enough to work in attoseconds? He could have sat down, read a book or five, left to go pick up something on the other side of the world, come back...and the bullet still wouldn't have appreciably moved further in its journey.

Old Post May 7th, 2018 12:04 AM
DarkSaint85

Mags was able to lock onto Kitty Pryde's unique EM signature even though she was inside of an Intergalactic Bullet that was moving in hyperspace (which is WAAAAAAAAAAY faster than MMMMMMFTL.) at least a galaxy away. He did this before the High Evolutionary's long range scanners/sensors even sensed the bullet.:

at base levels, Mag's reaction time is 15Xs faster than a Normal Human. By tapping into magnetic fields, he can amp this to well over a million Xs faster. Stark learned this the hard way when he used millions of magnets against Magneto. Here's the scan where his reaction time/thought process time was amped up over 100,000Xs faster

Your scan shows Magneto using his magnetic counting powers. Not his reaction speed. He didn't actually sit down and count them like you or I would.... lol. So I guess if this was a counting contest maybe?

quote:

that feat of Superman is nowhere near lightspeed. - I've calced it out, and while it is FAST (stupidly, ridiculously fast), one could do it considerably under lightspeed. Like, a lot.

What makes me laugh in that scan you have above is Clark talking about it buying her an Attosecond. Clearly the writer has no idea how minute amount of time an attosecond is. It's stupid, because the bullet is basically frozen if we're counting Attoseconds (and will be frozen, essentially without getting anywhere, since it is travelling roughly 2.8E-13 MILLIMETERS in an attosecond, which means if it's 5mm to her skull out of the barrel of the gun (I think it's 10mm, but let's go with 5), it'll take the damn bullet ~17 800 000 000 000 attoseconds for it to hit her skull (<-- some numbers here might be off, because this is a quick and dirty calculation, but you get the idea). So her 'buying an attosecond' is somewhat meaningless, here. And smells like BS.

And if he was fast enough to work in attoseconds? He could have sat down, read a book or five, left to go pick up something on the other side of the world, come back...and the bullet still wouldn't have appreciably moved further in its journey.

Lol.

1. Nobody said it was lightspeed. So your reading comprehension, Mr 1,000,000 hard light metal, is way off.

2.writers not knowing stuff is...well, par for the course. I can sit down and tell you how writers don't know Jack about genetics, and how mutations in your DNA don't mean you can control the EM spectrum, let along control the weather, but hey ho.

3. 'i don't like it, so it doesn't count'. Great arguments all round.

Old Post May 7th, 2018 12:14 AM
Baziemarc123
Restricted

Account Restricted

Your scan shows Magneto using his magnetic counting powers. Not his reaction speed. He didn't actually sit down and count them like you or I would.... lol. So I guess if this was a counting contest maybe?

Lol.

1. Nobody said it was lightspeed. So your reading comprehension, Mr 1,000,000 hard light metal, is way off.

2.writers not knowing stuff is...well, par for the course. I can sit down and tell you how writers don't know Jack about genetics, and how mutations in your DNA don't mean you can control the EM spectrum, let along control the weather, but hey ho.

3. 'i don't like it, so it doesn't count'. Great arguments all round. [/B]

Magneto can react to photons, and even manipulate them so that feat wouldn't really have any relevance

Old Post May 7th, 2018 12:19 AM
Baziemarc123
Restricted

Account Restricted

I can show you Kyle rayner getting knocked out by a light ray if you want

Old Post May 7th, 2018 12:21 AM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Magneto can react to photons, and even manipulate them so that feat wouldn't really have any relevance

So can Hippolyta. And The Atom.
I can show you Kyle rayner getting knocked out by a light ray if you want

Right, so can I show Magneto getting koed by Gambit.

Old Post May 7th, 2018 03:00 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Baziemarc123
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by abhilegend
So can Hippolyta. And The Atom.
Right, so can I show Magneto getting koed by Gambit.

The Atom isn't in this lineup

Old Post May 7th, 2018 03:14 AM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

The Atom isn't in this lineup

Right, because we need FTL Atom to win this. FTL Magneto and all that.

Old Post May 7th, 2018 03:18 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

An attosecond feat.

FIRST Supersonic.

THEN Hypersonic.

THEN beyond.

That's a fast bullet. We rent see any fire from the shot and an attosecond later. fire is coming from the barrel. That must be a back to the future gun.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post May 7th, 2018 03:32 AM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Its hyperbole.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post May 7th, 2018 03:33 AM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Right.

Old Post May 7th, 2018 04:22 AM
riv6672

You left BFR on, which means even the physically weakest on the JLA team (Flash) is able to IMP Juggernaut and BFR him? I agree.

I was thinking the same.
While you’ve gotten involved in a Speed discussion, the JLA have other BFR options, and the ability to whittle down the mutants till its team vs one or maybe two.

Old Post May 7th, 2018 04:53 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

So can Susan Storm. So that argument has zero relevance. Unless you want to argue that MAgneto (with 15x human perceptions, as you pointed out) is light speed? So light is 15x human speed? OK.

Originally posted by carver9
That's a fast bullet. We rent see any fire from the shot and an attosecond later. fire is coming from the barrel. That must be a back to the future gun.

That's like saying none of the attacks Hulk tanks are all that impressive, because his pants are still intact in all the artwork.

So a stupid argument.

@riv: yes, I agree. Speed is one thing - it's speed backed up by the offensive capability to capitalise on it.

Old Post May 7th, 2018 10:12 AM