KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Mortal Kombat 11

Mortal Kombat 11
Started by: Ridley_Prime

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (13): « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 11 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Since taking more of a look into the krypt controversy (or should I say kontroversy? stick out tongue) after more youtubers started ranting about it recently (props to YongYea though whose always the first to cover these kind of things), I have to admit it's a lot worse than I first realized. If it was still just MKX levels of grinding and stuff it wouldn't of been too consequential, but the way they're monetizing it now is to the level of mobile games, and worse, the krypt now is all RNG, so gone are the days of finding the particular things you want by going to certain coordinates first.

NRS saying they'll fix the progression system soon softens the blow a bit, but you may as well save everything you've earned and not spend anything in the krypt until then.

Other than that, I will say I enjoyed the story a good deal more than I thought. The writing felt much better than MKX, and probably even MK9. Some of the arcade endings are interesting/better again too, though haven't gotten them all yet.

Seen one comment on Angry Joe rant video saying Injustice 2 was the same deal

except with Injustice 2 you couldn't buy what you wanted it was a lucky dip from the mother boxes, Just had to keep and getting them until you got what you wanted.... unlike what is happening with MK 11 where you can just purchase what you want with the Time Crystals.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2019 05:59 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RadZoa

YongYea is a click baiting piece of shit, dude relies on drama and misinformation to get views to his dying Youtube channel

Ed Boon already cleared up the confusion of the MTX, the $6000 of skins is a flat out lie

Old Post Apr 29th, 2019 08:08 PM
RadZoa is currently offline Click here to Send RadZoa a Private Message Find more posts by RadZoa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

It's still a shit progress system in this latest MK game.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2019 02:09 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Estacado
Legendary

New rumor says there are 19 DLC characters total.

Bankai.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2019 08:48 AM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Old Post May 1st, 2019 05:22 AM
Estacado
Legendary

So it seems Spawn's intro dialogues have been leaked...

Bankai.

Old Post May 4th, 2019 07:18 PM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Where are the official DLC announcements anyway? Before with MKX and Injustice 2, NetherRealm would show off practically the whole first fighter pack even before the games would come out.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Last edited by Nemesis X on May 4th, 2019 at 07:30 PM

Old Post May 4th, 2019 07:23 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Originally posted by Kazenji
It's still a shit progress system in this latest MK game.

It is, not gonna lie. While I appreciate you getting more of the currencies now after doing a brutality and such via the update, it's still far from an ideal system.

The recent 1.04 update sadly patched this up, but there was a glitch/exploit that allowed you to get all the heads in the warrior shrine instantly without having to do the shit grinding where you perform 50 fatalities on the same character to unlock them (link here). I did that for all of them, no regrets. Ridiculous too how you have to get all those for the doors in Shang Tsung's throne room to open themselves which contain more valuable chests. I hate how they had it set up like that, but the krypt is a pretty cool homage otherwise, far as the layout and everything.

Originally posted by Estacado
So it seems Spawn's intro dialogues have been leaked...

You have the game or gonna get it, btw? How have ya been liking it, if so? If you don't have it yet, I know you'll enjoy Noob Saibot and the like.

Old Post May 4th, 2019 11:59 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Estacado
Legendary

Nope not yet.

Been watching tons of gameplay tho I think ill wait a bit...

Yeah Noob seems like someone I would main....

Bankai.

Old Post May 5th, 2019 12:18 PM
Jmanghan

If the Ash Williams DLC rumor is true I'm going to get this game.

Still might get it if Fujin is included. Not including either = No buy.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post May 5th, 2019 01:11 PM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Estacado
Legendary

Both Ash and Fujin intro dialogues have been leaked a few days ago.

Same goes for Terminator.

Bankai.

Old Post May 5th, 2019 01:42 PM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Bruce Campbell seemed to denounce the Ash rumor, so the whole DLC leak may be fake.

https://twitter.com/GroovyBruce/sta...476947826315264

Don't believe everything you see, yadayada.

Bummed if this is the case, because I really was looking forward to Ash.

Old Post May 6th, 2019 11:46 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Basically have an AI Noob Saibot set up like this and let it play through the various towers for you if you want to progress the fastest under the current system. Is basically how I set up my custom Noob and amazing how much I'm getting over time now.

You should get more rewards for playing yourself than letting the AI play for you, and get more for playing online than you do currently... Maybe in the next update!

Old Post May 7th, 2019 07:19 AM
Jmanghan

Bruce Campbell seemed to denounce the Ash rumor, so the whole DLC leak may be fake.

BIG no from me if thats not the case.

Anyway, switch users will hate to know the following fact:

Mortal Kombat 11 just got outsold digitally by...

Timberman Vs and The Way Remastered.

...Cool.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post May 9th, 2019 06:30 PM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

It could just be Bruce throwing everybody off. He says Evil Dead's Ash but not the Ash from Army of Darkness. If you're wondering what I mean, apparently AoD and Evil Dead are different properties owned by different people so there's hope yet.

The downside if this is Army of Darkness Ash is he probably won't be voiced by Bruce Campbell himself but someone else like maybe that one Ash in Telltale's Poker Night 2.

Last edited by Nemesis X on May 10th, 2019 at 01:35 AM

Old Post May 10th, 2019 01:29 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KCJ506

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xjlKNniLq8

Oh damn is the internet gonna explode. Lol.

Old Post May 31st, 2019 11:36 PM
KCJ506 is currently offline Click here to Send KCJ506 a Private Message Find more posts by KCJ506 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by KCJ506
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xjlKNniLq8

Oh damn is the internet gonna explode. Lol.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2019 02:02 AM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

I've waited so long for this day to come. So long.

Last edited by Nemesis X on Jun 1st, 2019 at 03:12 AM

Old Post Jun 1st, 2019 03:00 AM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Wow can't believe I let that completely fly by me. You can hear a chainsaw running as soon as the trailer mentions two more guests arriving so Ash got pretty much announced as well.

Last edited by Nemesis X on Jun 1st, 2019 at 05:05 AM

Old Post Jun 1st, 2019 04:58 AM
Estacado
Legendary

Holly Phuck Shang Tsung looks so phuckin good!

Best fatality ever...he is one of the coolest DLC ever and the movie quotes damn he is perfect!!!

Also Spawn!!!!!

Bankai.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2019 05:17 AM