KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Thanos w/ his army vs. Asgard

Thanos w/ his army vs. Asgard
Started by: FrothByte

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (13): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Silent Master
Here is Vision using the mind stone directly.

Vision is a machine/robot, which means he is a piece of technology/aparatus meant to harvest the stone's power.

Thanks for proving my point Silent, wow, finally you made an asserted claim

Froth most be angry for you helping me laughing out loud

Old Post May 16th, 2018 08:25 PM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WolvesofBabylon
Welcome to the machine

Items in Odins Vault
Casket of ancient Winters
The Tuning Fork.
The Eternal Flame.
The Warlock's Eye.
The Tablet of Life & Time.
the Tesseract.

Now we havent seen all of these in action but the casket is very powerful as well. Is the Destroyer available for this? Probably not since it was killed off during Thor 1?

Old Post May 16th, 2018 08:29 PM
WolvesofBabylon is currently offline Click here to Send WolvesofBabylon a Private Message Find more posts by WolvesofBabylon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Originally posted by WolvesofBabylon
Items in Odins Vault
Casket of ancient Winters
The Tuning Fork.
The Eternal Flame.
The Warlock's Eye.
The Tablet of Life & Time.
the Tesseract.

Now we havent seen all of these in action but the casket is very powerful as well. Is the Destroyer available for this? Probably not since it was killed off during Thor 1?

The Power Stone represents all the Power of the Universe. No weapon can match it's power output.

Old Post May 16th, 2018 08:31 PM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

Originally posted by Josh_Alexander
Prove the Mind stone and Tessaract can be used directly, and not [B] as i claimed, "With the use of an artefact or aparatus".

Thor used the Tesseract directly at the end of Avengers.

Old Post May 16th, 2018 08:31 PM
FrothByte is currently offline Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Originally posted by FrothByte
Thor used the Tesseract directly at the end of Avengers.

Directly? Are you saying he grab the Tesseract bare handidly without anything in between his hands and the Space stone?

Old Post May 16th, 2018 08:33 PM
WolvesofBabylon
Welcome to the machine

The Power Stone represents all the Power of the Universe. No weapon can match it's power output.

So the Space Stone could not match it? What proof do you have for this claim?

Old Post May 16th, 2018 08:37 PM
WolvesofBabylon is currently offline Click here to Send WolvesofBabylon a Private Message Find more posts by WolvesofBabylon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

So the Space Stone could not match it? What proof do you have for this claim?

Power wise it can't. Just like the Power stone can't open Portals, or like the Time Stone can't shape reality.

Each stone represents an essential aspect of the universe.

Old Post May 16th, 2018 08:39 PM
Silent Master

Vision is a machine/robot, which means he is a piece of technology/aparatus meant to harvest the stone's power.

Thanks for proving my point Silent, wow, finally you made an asserted claim

Froth most be angry for you helping me laughing out loud

The truly sad thing is, you actually believe that.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post May 16th, 2018 08:41 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

laughing out loud

The sad thing is you actually helped me laughing out loud Was expecting better to be honest, coming from you laughing out loud

Old Post May 16th, 2018 08:42 PM
Silent Master

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post May 16th, 2018 08:42 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Thanks Silent! Do you feel okay by the way? I mean, you actually went against Froth! laughing out loud

Old Post May 16th, 2018 08:45 PM
WolvesofBabylon
Welcome to the machine

Power wise it can't. Just like the Power stone can't open Portals, or like the Time Stone can't shape reality.

Each stone represents an essential aspect of the universe.

Id suggest you research what all Thanos used the Space Stone for, more than just portals.

FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

Directly? Are you saying he grab the Tesseract bare handidly without anything in between his hands and the Space stone?

I rewatched the vid, you're right, it was in a canister seemingly of Asgardian make. That said, if they have that technology then there's no reason they can't use it again to use the Tesseract. Or just make something better.

FrothByte is currently offline Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Id suggest you research what all Thanos used the Space Stone for, more than just portals.

To shapen space in which ever way he wanted. Anything else?

Originally posted by FrothByte
I rewatched the vid, you're right, it was in a canister seemingly of Asgardian make. That said, if they have that technology then there's no reason they can't use it again to use the Tesseract. Or just make something better.

Aye!

Well that would be speculation.

Old Post May 16th, 2018 08:49 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

The Mind Stone empowers the Vision with flight, super-strength, devastating energy blasts and phasing. All things that have nothing to do with power over the mind(s).

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post May 16th, 2018 08:49 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

To shapen space in which ever way he wanted. Anything else?

When Thanos tried to stop Stormbreaker, he used the Space Stone to blast, along with the other five. It was a rainbow blast.

edit: I think when he brought down the moon-chunks, he used the Power and Space stone in conjunction iirc, they both lite up

Old Post May 16th, 2018 08:51 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Originally posted by Robtard
The Mind Stone empowers the Vision with flight, super-strength, devastating energy blasts and phasing. All things that have nothing to do with power over the mind(s).

As I claimed, it seems all the Infinity Stones work with Energy. I mean, they must be energy objects to perform their duties.

With the knowledge and the proper apparatus you should be able to harvest said energies.

But ain't like the Space Stone is in par with the Power Stone in terms of power output because of that.

Old Post May 16th, 2018 08:51 PM
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Originally posted by Robtard
When Thanos tried to stop Stormbreaker, he used the Space Stone to blast, along with the other five. It was a rainbow blast.

edit: I think when he brought down the moon-chunks, he used the Power and Space stone in conjunction iirc, they both lite up

An energy attack, just like the Hydra weapons seen in Captain America the First Avenger.

But the power output of the Power stone shadows that of the Mind/Space.

We saw Red Skull surviving after grabbing the Tesseract bare handed. We also saw Thanos grabbing it without problems.

The Power Stone on the other hand would desintegrate anyone with just the touch of it.

Old Post May 16th, 2018 08:53 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

As I claimed, it seems all the Infinity Stones work with Energy. I mean, they must be energy objects to perform their duties.

With the knowledge and the proper apparatus you should be able to harvest said energies.

But ain't like the Space Stone is in par with the Power Stone in terms of power output because of that.

When it comes to pure direct killing power, it stands to reason that the Power Stone is at the forefront.

But really, using the Space Stone, someone of Odin's power/ability could likely just teleport Thanos and much(all?) of his army into a sun

Old Post May 16th, 2018 08:55 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

An energy attack, just like the Hydra weapons seen in Captain America the First Avenger.

But the power output of the Power stone shadows that of the Mind/Space.

We saw Red Skull surviving after grabbing the Tesseract bare handed. We also saw Thanos grabbing it without problems.

The Power Stone on the other hand would desintegrate anyone with just the touch of it.

That's speculation. It's been said in GoTG that only beings of enough power can hold the stones without dying. Stands to reason someone like Thanos and Odin could grab the stones bare handed and not die. After all, the GoTG combined were able to hold the Power Stone for a length of time.

Old Post May 16th, 2018 08:57 PM