KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Snoke vs sidious

Snoke vs sidious
Started by: DarthPlaguis12

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (27): « First ... « 16 17 [18] 19 20 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
quanchi112
Disney

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Shes formidable the way Savage Opress was formidable with little training. But even Opress was magiacally imbued, and still got schooled in the Force by the likes of Count Dooku.

So no, she wasnt all that as of TLJ.

Wtf is with the comparison to Han Solo? Just wired. Evidence supports my stance. You can be powerful but still a total Noob. Thats Rey.
She was not a total noob. That’s the point. Her ability to learn seemed far quicker than most. Not everyone learns at the same pace. As I said her power was equal to Ren’s her technical skill was not. She wasn’t some padawan moron like you said. Dialogue from Snoke, Luke, and Ren says otherwise.

You just try to downplay because of your own inner bias which dictates your opinion.

Old Post Aug 19th, 2018 03:17 PM
Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

^ Yes she was a total noob lol

Her ability to learn what? She had no formal or proper training.

Thats great she’s a natural like Savage Opress was, but like him shes clearly still a noob (as of TLJ), and would get owned in the Force by Maul or Dooku level force users.

Your love for Snoke does not change the rules of Star Wars.

Old Post Aug 19th, 2018 06:05 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

quan can't wait to watch Resistance, the new Star Wars has a bright future! Tune in to watch the good guys kick some butt, quan!

Old Post Aug 19th, 2018 06:33 PM
Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

^ laughing out loud

Disney is clearly the best thing to ever happen to Star Wars!

Old Post Aug 20th, 2018 05:14 AM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

^ Yes she was a total noob lol

Her ability to learn what? She had no formal or proper training.

Thats great she’s a natural like Savage Opress was, but like him shes clearly still a noob (as of TLJ), and would get owned in the Force by Maul or Dooku level force users.

Your love for Snoke does not change the rules of Star Wars.
So without training she still defeated an injured Ren. That’s before she had Luke’s training. She also resisted his powers upon realizing she possessed powers herself. Even Ren admitted her powers would rise even after that moment. Dialogue tells the audience but d. Thor and his silly little no formal training nonsense.

Opress defeated Jedi with no formal training, lol. I never said opress was as skilled as Dooku nor did I ever claim Rey was near that level so again you’re just saying silly things because you’re upset her power level was insane and her skills were pretty good prior to Luke’s training.

Snoke overpowered her with relative ease something Ren was unable to do. Snoke’s power is far greater than Ren or Rey’s which were equal in the film. Snoke’s power is undeniable unless you’re a biased twit.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2018 01:27 PM
Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Trocity
quan can't wait to watch Resistance, the new Star Wars has a bright future! Tune in to watch the good guys kick some butt, quan!
You are one of those edgy new Star Wars fans failing agaunst the new Star Wars. You’re so trendy and cool.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2018 01:27 PM
victreebelvictr
Flowey's Only Friend

Can ren defeat vader? No, not even close, palpatine is stronger than maul and vader combined and maybe add dooku, so you cannot make the point that ren and Rey are not as strong as snoke when Sidious is stronger then his own STRONGER apprentices.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2018 03:57 PM
Click here to Send victreebelvictr a Private Message Find more posts by victreebelvictr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Ren may be comparable to Maul. But Rey literally has nothing on those guys.

Snoke himself wasnt very impressive in dominating Ren given he did so with his guards backing him up.

Snoke may have Dooku level TK/FL. But none of his Saber prowess being as physically incapable as he is.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2018 06:42 PM
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by victreebelvictr
Can ren defeat vader? No, not even close, palpatine is stronger than maul and vader combined and maybe add dooku, so you cannot make the point that ren and Rey are not as strong as snoke when Sidious is stronger then his own STRONGER apprentices.
Yes, Ren would defeat Vader imo. He doesn’t lack the mobility, never lost a great deal of force power due to burning, and showed the power to defeat Luke prior to cutting off the force. Luke owned Vader in Rotj to the point it was laughable.

Sidious while more powerful than Maul still needed his skill to best him. Ren is more force powerful than Maul which makes Snoke’s owning of he and Rey even more impressive. He wasn’t even pushed at all. He did so casually unlike Sidious.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2018 07:24 PM
quanchi112
Disney

Ren may be comparable to Maul. But Rey literally has nothing on those guys.

Snoke himself wasnt very impressive in dominating Ren given he did so with his guards backing him up.

Snoke may have Dooku level TK/FL. But none of his Saber prowess being as physically incapable as he is.
Pure conjecture and bias while ignoring dialogue, showings, and common sense.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2018 07:25 PM
victreebelvictr
Flowey's Only Friend

Originally posted by quanchi112
Yes, Ren would defeat Vader imo. He doesn’t lack the mobility, never lost a great deal of force power due to burning, and showed the power to defeat Luke prior to cutting off the force. Luke owned Vader in Rotj to the point it was laughable.

Sidious while more powerful than Maul still needed his skill to best him. Ren is more force powerful than Maul which makes Snoke’s owning of he and Rey even more impressive. He wasn’t even pushed at all. He did so casually unlike Sidious.
ren can beat Vader! That is the dumbest thing you have ever said! And you have said some stupid stuff

Old Post Aug 20th, 2018 07:31 PM
Click here to Send victreebelvictr a Private Message Find more posts by victreebelvictr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by victreebelvictr
ren can beat Vader! That is the dumbest thing you have ever said! And you have said some stupid stuff
He has more force power and isn’t slow due to the suit. Vader is vastly overrated. He never achieved a legit win over even Kenobi for ****s sake. You can act like Vader is some badass he simply isn’t.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2018 09:00 PM
victreebelvictr
Flowey's Only Friend

george lucas said he had 8 tenths of palpatine's power and palpatine has blown up planets! i doubt ren can get remotely close to that level.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2018 10:23 PM
Darth Thor

Snoke and Ren both knew Rens no Vader.

On screen facts > Quans wishes.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2018 07:40 AM
The Merchant

But apparently Snoke saying Ren isn't Vader and Kylo scared he isn't as strong as Vader is just a metaphor to motivate Kylo, not an indicator of his power lmao that cope tbh.

"Vader's pulse and breathing were machine-regulated, so they could not quicken; but something in his chest became more electric around his meetings with the Emperor; he could not say how. A feeling of fullness, of power, of dark and demon mastery -- of secret lusts, unrestrained passion, wild submission -- all these things were in Vader's heart as he neared his Emperor. These things and more."

Old Post Aug 21st, 2018 10:35 AM
Click here to Send The Merchant a Private Message Find more posts by The Merchant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

It was a metaphor for the NT knowing its turd compared to the OT.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2018 12:15 PM
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

Hey quan, you're still around and kicking? That's kind of nice to see.

Earlier you said that Luke achieved an overwhelming victory. I can't help but disagree. Luke only began to overpower Vader after the threats to Leia's safety drove Luke to tap into the dark side. Before that Vader was keeping Luke at bay and driving him back. I wouldn't exactly call that "owning".

-"You have the best problems, Scenario. You really do. haermm"

Old Post Aug 21st, 2018 03:10 PM
Click here to Send XanatosForever a Private Message Find more posts by XanatosForever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
victreebelvictr
Flowey's Only Friend

Originally posted by XanatosForever
Hey quan, you're still around and kicking? That's kind of nice to see.

Earlier you said that Luke achieved an overwhelming victory. I can't help but disagree. Luke only began to overpower Vader after the threats to Leia's safety drove Luke to tap into the dark side. Before that Vader was keeping Luke at bay and driving him back. I wouldn't exactly call that "owning".
you make me proud to be on killermovies

Old Post Aug 21st, 2018 03:43 PM
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

Again, thank you! I'm honestly flattered, but I don't think I'm more than perhaps competent. I used to have some other folks on here relatively like-minded that made good arguments. You can probably find some of the threads they frequented in the Video Games Versus forum or the Foreign Cinema forum, which was repurposed into an "all media" versus forum.

-"You have the best problems, Scenario. You really do. haermm"

Old Post Aug 21st, 2018 03:46 PM
Click here to Send XanatosForever a Private Message Find more posts by XanatosForever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
victreebelvictr
Flowey's Only Friend

Originally posted by XanatosForever
Again, thank you! I'm honestly flattered, but I don't think I'm more than perhaps competent. I used to have some other folks on here relatively like-minded that made good arguments. You can probably find some of the threads they frequented in the Video Games Versus forum or the Foreign Cinema forum, which was repurposed into an "all media" versus forum.
well, you are welcome, I am glad to have you on here, you seem like you know enough. Do you know much about the EU like your knowledge on the movies.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2018 03:49 PM