KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Batwoman

Batwoman
Started by: BruceSkywalker

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (14): « First ... « 9 10 [11] 12 13 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth Thor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Nemesis X
So how would this work? Would another Flashpoint have to happen to retcon white Batwoman or what?

No its just a different character altogether. So I’m essence a whole different show.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2020 08:59 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
they won't watch though.. the cw has effectively destroyed what little canon they were tying to establish in the first season.. they should've just had julia take over as batwoman but that's way too easy for them to do that

Careful, man! You looking to get your culture cancelled?!?

Old Post Jul 9th, 2020 09:55 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

If batwoman is black it's gonna be racist if any cops ever try to stop her

Old Post Jul 9th, 2020 10:01 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

laughing

Old Post Jul 10th, 2020 12:05 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by riv6672
Careful, man! You looking to get your culture cancelled?!?

let it happen because those cancel culturists will burn until there is nothing left them

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jul 10th, 2020 02:04 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Cue the Bat Signal!

Old Post Jul 10th, 2020 02:31 AM
ares834

Originally posted by -Pr-
Also, have you guys heard that she's a lesbian?

"Whoever holds this cowl, if she’s a lesbian, shall posses the power of Batwoman."

Old Post Jul 10th, 2020 03:25 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

^ laughing

Originally posted by Surtur
If batwoman is black it's gonna be racist if any cops ever try to stop her

Oh crap I didnt even think of that. This could go full on in your face with the politics every week like Supergirl.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2020 09:42 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

A Batwoman series without Kate Kane? Jesus. What REALLY went on behind the scenes to make Ruby Rose exit the show? If they replaced her with another Caucasian actress with a similar look to Ruby, I would sooner accept that than having another character from a different ethnic background try to be her (Batwoman, not Kate Kane.)

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Jul 12th, 2020 04:40 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by roughrider
A Batwoman series without Kate Kane? Jesus. What REALLY went on behind the scenes to make Ruby Rose exit the show? If they replaced her with another Caucasian actress with a similar look to Ruby, I would sooner accept that than having another character from a different ethnic background try to be her (Batwoman, not Kate Kane.)

I’ve read the showrunner’s reasoning for using a new character as opposed to just recasting Kate Kane, and it was convoluted and stupid af. It came off like drunk guy at a bar spinning some crackpot theory and you indulge him cuz everyone’s just drinking and talking dumb shit.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2020 05:26 PM
jaden_2.0
Awful

Originally posted by Surtur
(please log in to view the image)

Triggerdom commenced, as predicted.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2020 05:36 PM
jaden_2.0 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden_2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden_2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by jaden_2.0

And remember, you can’t spell virtue, w.out misspelling true.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2020 05:51 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I know there was a batwoman or batgirl in the comics who was a lesbian.

I know one also had like aids or cancer or something, perhaps the same one?

Old Post Jul 12th, 2020 08:04 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by jaden_2.0

Who is triggered? I don't watch the show nor do I plan to watch it save for if it's necessary for a crossover. They could cast a black gay disabled war veteran with PTSD and vitiligo for all I care.

Perhaps you felt I was saying *you* were virtue signaling, but I just meant the show producers.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2020 08:06 PM
riv6672

What’s vitiligo? Is it sponge trigger worthy?

Old Post Jul 12th, 2020 09:47 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by riv6672
What’s vitiligo? Is it sponge trigger worthy?

Loss of skin color in patches

Old Post Jul 12th, 2020 10:34 PM
riv6672

Hmmm. That could be seen a patch facing.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2020 12:58 AM
Darth Thor

So was Oh Mouse the last episode?

What a cluster f*** randomly getting rid of Kate Kane now... I hope she at least comes back for the pilot to transition this shit.

And will Alice still be in the show?

Not recasting was just stupid as f***

Also if theres gonna be a new Batwoman then use an existing character. Julia or Sophie would have sufficed just fine in terms of story.

Proper dumpster fire.

Old Post Aug 29th, 2020 08:16 AM
riv6672

^^^I don’t believe I’ve posted w. anyone who thinks it’s a good idea.

Old Post Aug 29th, 2020 08:37 AM
Darth Thor

^ CW are just really frigging dumb like that. In the Dynasty reboot the actress playing Crystal couldnt carry on, so they brought in a whole new character to replace her who was also called Crystal

Just go back to good old fashioned recasting the same role ffs.

Old Post Aug 29th, 2020 01:46 PM