KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: TV Series » The Clone Wars: Season 7 - Discussion Thread

The Clone Wars: Season 7 - Discussion Thread
Started by: TheIndyJedi

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (25): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth Thor
^ We shall see. I dont think the part where they clash blades once (with his dark saber), and Rex and crew capture him is happening. But they might be able to leave room for that to have still happened at some point.

Yeah I do want to know how Mauls story shifts from SOD to Solo. But we still wont find out how he gets stranded on Malachor because that would be post Solo.

Oh yes Operation Knightfall please.
Hm. I don't remember the darksaber being mentioned in the novel. The novel did mention Maul using a lightsaber, though. /shrug

I think their lightsaber battle could very well culminate with Ahsoka 'capturing' Maul, only for Maul to escape soon after when Order 66 is commenced and the battle goes sideways. /shrug

In the time between SoD and Solo, Maul lost *some* control over the crime syndicates, but he was still a HUGE player in the criminal underworld. In the time between Solo and Rebels, however, he'd lost *all* control over the crime syndicates, and ended up stranded on Malachor. I'd definitely like to get some backstory on the latter... Wtf happened to him? Very doubtful that he just gave up all that power willingly. /shrug

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Apr 16th, 2019 at 04:50 PM

Old Post Apr 16th, 2019 04:47 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

^ My Ahsoka Novel has disappeared from my IBooks and isnt available presently, so cant check.

Perhaps Maul was just stranded for a very long time? But youre right, wouldn’t make sense why he wouldnt go straight back to his crime syndicate. So something must have happened.

Old Post Apr 16th, 2019 06:24 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Republic/Jedi probably destroy it, either that or given that they are criminals, they fight amongst eachother and disband.

Old Post Apr 16th, 2019 09:29 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Republic/Jedi probably destroy what?

Maul was still a predominate figurehead in the criminal underworld well after the Empire was formed.

Last edited by Galan007 on Apr 17th, 2019 at 02:45 AM

Old Post Apr 17th, 2019 02:12 AM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

But we're talking about the syndicate? He could still be a notable figure even after the fact.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2019 03:10 AM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Oh, miscommunication.

I'm just talking about how he lost *all* of his control over the crime syndicates between the events of Solo and Rebels.

We already know a bit about how he lost *some* of that control between the events of SoD and Solo.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2019 04:26 AM
Darth Thor

^ Yeah something must have happened. Im guessing something along the lines of the Empire wanting to form closer ties to the Underworld, and stamping Maul out. As they were hunting him in Rebels.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2019 10:44 AM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheIndyJedi

Apprarently they brought Ray Park back for motion capture for the Maul duel scenes. Surely they didn't spend that much money to get Ray Park back only to have him be wrecked by Ahsoka?

Old Post Apr 18th, 2019 12:54 PM
Click here to Send TheIndyJedi a Private Message Find more posts by TheIndyJedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

They probably just paid him in cheeseburgers.

Old Post Apr 18th, 2019 01:13 PM
CaveDude33211

Originally posted by Galan007
They probably just paid him in cheeseburgers.

laughing laughing laughing

Old Post Apr 18th, 2019 06:49 PM
Click here to Send CaveDude33211 a Private Message Find more posts by CaveDude33211 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by TheIndyJedi
Apprarently they brought Ray Park back for motion capture for the Maul duel scenes. Surely they didn't spend that much money to get Ray Park back only to have him be wrecked by Ahsoka?

I mean, continuity wise, she really shouldnt be winning, or Maul would be very stupid to so confidently betray both Ahsoka and Kanan in Rebels. Plus his line - Running AGAIN Lady Tano- suggests she fled from him the first time.

But we shall see if Filoni gives 2 craps about that.

Old Post Apr 20th, 2019 02:53 PM
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

why not just complete the show the way feloni intended? Clone Wars is by far the most loved thing disney has off al their material. What benefit is there, commercial or otherwise, to an abridged conclusion?

why not just do all the original scripts? Son of Dathomir, Dark Disciple, Ahsoka's rebellion, the LOE inspiration

Last edited by Rockydonovang on Apr 29th, 2019 at 12:48 AM

Old Post Apr 29th, 2019 12:44 AM
Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

^ Because we should just be grateful Mickey Mouse has allowed this finale to TCW.

Old Post Apr 29th, 2019 01:23 PM
TheIndyJedi

Originally posted by Rockydonovang
why not just complete the show the way feloni intended? Clone Wars is by far the most loved thing disney has off al their material. What benefit is there, commercial or otherwise, to an abridged conclusion?

why not just do all the original scripts? Son of Dathomir, Dark Disciple, Ahsoka's rebellion, the LOE inspiration

But we can't because Filoni wants Maul to look like a retard again.

Old Post Apr 29th, 2019 07:02 PM
Click here to Send TheIndyJedi a Private Message Find more posts by TheIndyJedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

So I might be the minority in thinking this, but now that a lot of time has passed. Does anyone else feel different about TCW and how it holds up?

I mean don't get me wrong, some arcs were done well. But I feel like those were few and far between and a lot of the action and battles. I wasn't feeling them, again some exceptions, but really the most notable one being the 501st vs Pong Krell.

Perhaps the final season will be different who knows. It's just, re-thinking about TCW I didn't feel the WARS part of it ya know?

Old Post Jun 16th, 2019 10:16 PM
Darth Thor

^ Its still the best of the Canon EU Imo.

The animation in general was until that poop that is Resistance cane along.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2019 12:22 PM
Zenwolf

^ Its still the best of the Canon EU Imo.

The animation in general was until that poop that is Resistance cane along.

I mean yeah it is, speaking of the animation looking back on it. I realize that I don’t really like it. But then I only just realized this after seeing Rebels and the first episodes of Resistance, wasn’t big on the animation there either.

I mean it’s not bad I guess, just not my cup of tea.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2019 01:06 PM
Darth Thor

I personally really enjoyed my weekly Clone Wars. To the point where I didnt really need a new Trilogy, especially not if Lucas continued to do animations set in different time periods.

Even loved the first season of Rebels, and enjoyed the second season. Then that show just lost the plot. And Resistance... just... eww.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2019 01:21 PM
Zenwolf

I personally really enjoyed my weekly Clone Wars. To the point where I didnt really need a new Trilogy, especially not if Lucas continued to do animations set in different time periods.

Even loved the first season of Rebels, and enjoyed the second season. Then that show just lost the plot. And Resistance... just... eww.

Yeah I felt 6 movies were enough, why people wanted more...no clue, then look what happened...talk about being shot in the foot. All other aspects were doing fine. I just felt like TCW was too small in battle scope to focus on character arcs, which is fine don't get me wrong but there's a huge war going on ya know? They could do both.

This isn't to say I didn't enjoy it at the time, so who knows maybe the final season will change my perspective again.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2019 01:47 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

I think TCW was great because it added SO much depth to not only the characters themselves, but the entire mythos. Obviously some arcs were much better than others, but you're going to get that with any show, I guess. I have a feeling S7 is going to be pretty dark, so I'm expecting good things from it as well. /shrug

Where Rebels is concerned, it obviously started off a LOT stronger than it ended. But as a whole, I liked it more than I disliked it.

Resistance is a steaming pile of crap, though. How it was renewed for another season I have no clue.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2019 01:56 PM