KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Ludendorff vs Valkyrie

Ludendorff vs Valkyrie
Started by: HulkIsHulk

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « First ... « 2 3 [4]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

quote: (post)
Originally posted by h1a8
So it's all about durability? Effort and total damage doesn't play a role?
That would be nonsense to consider?

It's not like Thor was putting a lot of effort when he crushed IM's armor either.

Old Post Aug 17th, 2018 06:30 PM
FrothByte is currently offline Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Iron-man's suit survived being hit by a multi-ton engine blades moving at high speed. now it's your turn. prove that solid steel could survive that.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Aug 17th, 2018 06:33 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nevan

Since h1a8 wants feats for Iron man's forearm armor specifically.

The Mark 3 seemed to hold up pretty well against Iron Monger's giant Gatling gun.

(please log in to view the image)

This thing is way bigger than any 50 cal.

[MEDIA=youtube]id=OQCy82iyG5o;t=141[/MEDIA]

Or how Iron Man and War Machine were treating the metal hammer drones like toys.

IM from the first movie >>>>>>>> All other movies in durability. Plus IM had bullet holes. Plus shelll traveled a distance fighting gravity and wind resistance to get to IM. Plus that was his chest armor, not his wrist armor.

And again what’s with the trying to prove the armor is more durable than a steel gun? That’s not the point.

1. Its far more impressive to lift 1 ton very casually and throw it 100 ft away then it is to lift 2 tons 3 ft in the air while straining. This is an analogy for the two feats in question.

2. Doing something casually means that you have multiple times more strength than the feat requires. It doesnt take multiple times more force to SLIGHTLY bent IM wrist armor than to crumple a gun.

3. Doing far more damage takes way more force than doing less damage to a similar object. Im not saying the gun is more durable (its not far off if it isnt). I’m saying that doing significantly more damage to a less durable object can take more force than doing significantly less damage to a more durable object

Why do you keep adding the throwing 100 feet away part?

Of course throwing something of x weight 100 feet away takes more force than, than merely lifting something twice that weight, but this is not the correct analogy for the feat.

A more apt comparison would be someone easily lifting 1 ton and someone else lifting +20 tons with some amount of effort.

I can casually lift something that weights 15 kg, but I can't throw it 100 feet away.

Old Post Aug 17th, 2018 08:49 PM
Nevan is currently offline Click here to Send Nevan a Private Message Find more posts by Nevan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Originally posted by Nevan
Since h1a8 wants feats for Iron man's forearm armor specifically.

The Mark 3 seemed to hold up pretty well against Iron Monger's giant Gatling gun.

(please log in to view the image)

This thing is way bigger than any 50 cal.

[MEDIA=youtube]id=OQCy82iyG5o;t=141[/MEDIA]

Or how Iron Man and War Machine were treating the metal hammer drones like toys.

Why do you keep adding the throwing 100 feet away part?

Of course throwing something of x weight 100 feet away takes more force than, than merely lifting something twice that weight, but this is not the correct analogy for the feat.

A more apt comparison would be someone easily lifting 1 ton and someone else lifting +20 tons with some amount of effort.

I can casually lift something that weights 15 kg, but I can't throw it 100 feet away.

Solid steel is very durable, bulletproof actually.
For the feats to be comparable IM wrist armor has to be at least 10-15x more durable.

Just being more durable ISN'T ENOUGH.

-General Zod: Superman II

Old Post Aug 17th, 2018 09:17 PM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

For the feats to be comparable IM wrist armor has to be at least 10-15x more durable.

Except guns are not solid steel. So your point is moot.

Old Post Aug 17th, 2018 09:20 PM
FrothByte is currently offline Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Originally posted by Silent Master
Iron-man's suit survived being hit by a multi-ton engine blades moving at high speed. now it's your turn. prove that solid steel could survive that.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Aug 17th, 2018 09:28 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Proof that h1 doesn't know what he's talking about.

Old Post Aug 17th, 2018 09:35 PM
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

H1 doesn't even seem to know that there are different kinds of steel.

Old Post Aug 17th, 2018 09:57 PM
h1a8

Proof that Silent is stupid.
The term "bulletproof" doesn't mean can withstand ALL bullets.
Kevlar vests are bulletproof but some rounds can penetrate them.
Iron Man is bulletproof but aircraft bullets has penetrated him.

Steel handgun can withstand some bullets. Stop being stupid Silent. That's an order.

Old Post Aug 17th, 2018 10:30 PM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Steel handgun can withstand some bullets. Stop being stupid Silent. That's an order.

Prove that WW1 era handgun steel can withstand some bullets.

Old Post Aug 17th, 2018 10:37 PM
h1a8

Unhardened steel (weak steel)

Old Post Aug 17th, 2018 10:58 PM
Silent Master

Now, prove that the steel in a WW1 era gun can withstand some bullets.

Old Post Aug 17th, 2018 11:03 PM
Silent Master

Originally posted by FrothByte
H1 doesn't even seem to know that there are different kinds of steel.

h1 is now claiming that he wasn't being literal when he said bullet-proof and that he just meant bullet-resistant, like how BP vests are just bullet-resistant. but I think it's more likely he actually thought steel was bullet-proof and had to do some quick research after I posted the vid. that would explain the sudden hostility in his response. he was embarrsed by his ignorance and lashed out.

Old Post Aug 17th, 2018 11:28 PM
Nevan

You're right, bulletproof doesn't mean it can withstand all bullets.

A 50 Cal would penetrate most "bulletproof" material and Iron Monger's Gatling gun absolutely dwarfs that.

Thanks for conceding.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2018 12:38 AM
Nevan is currently offline Click here to Send Nevan a Private Message Find more posts by Nevan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Unhardened steel (weak steel)

I love demolitionrm ranch thumb up

You are really not a Marvel Fan aren you H1?

Old Post Aug 18th, 2018 12:56 AM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Bump.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2020 05:26 AM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Valkyrie wins.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2020 06:23 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote