KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Puck vs Warpath

Puck vs Warpath
Started by: juggernaut74

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
riv6672

So, about those knives. Someday i’ll get an answer.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2018 08:10 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

quote: (post)
Originally posted by -K-M-
Indeed. I think we can all agree high end version of warpath would win handily. His lower levels, Puck would win handily

But warpath’s average showings? I think that would be super close

I agree with this.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2018 08:13 PM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Originally posted by riv6672
So, about those knives. Someday i’ll get an answer.

You'd probably need a reference from the handbooks on this.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2018 08:14 PM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
krisblaze

Riv, your initial assessment was correct. The statement about his knives was just to explain how they pierced his skin. The reason why he couldn't move his arms was because of nerves.

And Im still undecided here.

Warpath is underrated overall but so is Puck and especially his striking power.

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Aug 10th, 2018 08:24 PM
krisblaze is currently offline Click here to Send krisblaze a Private Message Find more posts by krisblaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

I guess.

Its just ppl say the blades being vibranium means theyre super sharp somehow, and, i dont see it. Absorbing, deflecting attacks, yeah.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2018 08:24 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

@stoic, not really. vibranium is extremely durable. its known for its vibration absorption, but it's still one of the hardest metals in the MU. i mean j'son wanted to create an invincible armada of ships from it, carol couldn't even scratch it with her best blast and it's served as cap's shield for a short time. i don't think it's any more complicated than that. their special for the same reason adamantium swords are considered 'special'. add in some of the weird energy absorbing and even sourcing vibraniun has been credited with and the metal is just weird enough that its easy to see why blades made from it would be considered special and more lethal than normal blades. /shrug

Old Post Aug 10th, 2018 08:36 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Agree to disagree. Vibranium isnt super hard its super absorbant (heh) of energy and kinetic attacks.
Knives made from it wouldnt be extra sharp.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2018 09:08 PM
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

Originally posted by -K-M-
*insert warpath vs captain America scans*

But really yeah with the knives puck shouldn’t win. When did warpath get his stength back? He was downgraded pretty heavily the past few years
Could you post those scans? I remember it happening but haven't saw it since it came out.

The price of fame is high and the Thing cant pay the way.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2018 09:15 PM
juggernaut74 is currently offline Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

what? i don't care if you disagree, but what you said is simply factually inaccurate. it's extremely durable AND absorbs energy. it's also been said to harden as it absorbs energy. any strike would produce kinetic energy. that energy would, in theory, harden the blade further. that of course leads to other physics related issues, but...comics. anyway, i suspect you'll believe what you want to believe regardless. chalk it up to pis then. thumb up

Old Post Aug 10th, 2018 09:25 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eternal Idol
Lono, "The Dog"

Originally posted by riv6672
Agree to disagree. Vibranium isnt super hard its super absorbant (heh) of energy and kinetic attacks.
Knives made from it wouldnt be extra sharp.

The edges would stay sharp after use, and the blade wouldn't bend or break upon contact because they're that much tougher than just about anything not vibranium or adamantium. That's what makes those metals ideal for edged weaponry.

Ever tried to use plastic cutlery on a tough piece of meat? Same principle. Normal steel knives probably would have crumpled and broken on Hulk's skin during the WWH saga.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2018 09:31 PM
Eternal Idol is currently offline Click here to Send Eternal Idol a Private Message Find more posts by Eternal Idol Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-K-M-

Originally posted by juggernaut74
Could you post those scans? I remember it happening but haven't saw it since it came out.

Happened mostly off-panel but as you can see Cap bested him without much issue. Cap then went to fight Gambit

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Aug 10th, 2018 09:34 PM
-K-M- is currently offline Click here to Send -K-M- a Private Message Find more posts by -K-M- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

Oh man he even sonned him.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2018 09:36 PM
juggernaut74 is currently offline Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime

Warpath's recent Pak upgrades occurred after AvX. He's currently fairly beast mode.

He's fluctuated more than Psylocke I'd wager, which is a feat in and of itself.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2018 10:17 PM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

yeah, but off panel is off panel... /shrug

Old Post Aug 10th, 2018 10:18 PM
darthgoober

LOSING TO CAP ISN"T A LOW FEAT FOR ANYONE YOU DIRTY COMMIES!

Old Post Aug 10th, 2018 10:22 PM
darthgoober is currently offline Click here to Send darthgoober a Private Message Find more posts by darthgoober Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

True.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2018 10:40 PM
DarkSaint85

Otoh.... Warpath struggled with a normal alligator

Old Post Aug 10th, 2018 11:27 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Originally posted by leonidas
what? i don't care if you disagree, but what you said is simply factually inaccurate. it's extremely durable AND absorbs energy. it's also been said to harden as it absorbs energy. any strike would produce kinetic energy. that energy would, in theory, harden the blade further. that of course leads to other physics related issues, but...comics. anyway, i suspect you'll believe what you want to believe regardless. chalk it up to pis then. thumb up

I think that I recall Wolverine striking it while being held by Arcade, and he was unable to do any damage at all. Needless to say, Wolverine used to be considered an extremely heavy striker, due to the material that did the striking. So for the wall to completely deflect his blow, it had to have been based on your theory. Warpath's blades are extremely dangerous, especially in his hands, because of his extraordinary strength.

Knowing this, I see Puck as having a extremely tough uphill battle, considering that Warpath isn't a landlocked opponent. Then if we added in his durability it nearly makes Pucks chances of winning this impossible.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2018 11:36 PM
Stoic
Avenger

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Otoh.... Warpath struggled with a normal alligator

Writers often have a need to make lesser known characters look like scrubs for whatever reason. Let's also remember than racism also plays a part in some of their decision making, not to play that card, but how do you go from taking on the Juggernaut to struggling with an alligator? Hulk lost to a snake before as well, and Juggernaut felt the heat of an ordinary old school chandelier, Superman got KO'd by a gas station, Captain America made an entire Avengers lineup look like rank amateurs, and he was sporting grey hair, Firelord got the living shit beaten out of him by Spiderman, and Slade made fools of the Justice League... Should I continue?

Last edited by Stoic on Aug 10th, 2018 at 11:52 PM

Old Post Aug 10th, 2018 11:43 PM
-K-M-

Why impossible? He has beaten iron man armoured foes in the past who were airborne. That was pre upgrade

Puck himself is invulnerable, nearly indestructible and doesn’t fatigue. Plus your making it seem like it would be easy to tag Puck. He has superhuman speed and agility class 2-10 strength, has over 100 years of experience and is one of the most skilled h2h fighters

Old Post Aug 10th, 2018 11:50 PM
-K-M- is currently offline Click here to Send -K-M- a Private Message Find more posts by -K-M- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote