KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » It is now NOT OK to O.K?

It is now NOT OK to O.K?
Started by: Flyattractor

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
darthgoober

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Putinbot1
Its been appropriated, Bash is right.

Let's suppose it has been successfully appropriated... now what? I mean minorities say that white people appropriate their culture all the time, does that mean the minorities should surrender those things and just give them over to white people? Are the original origins meaningless now?

Last edited by darthgoober on Sep 17th, 2018 at 08:21 PM

Old Post Sep 17th, 2018 08:19 PM
darthgoober is currently offline Click here to Send darthgoober a Private Message Find more posts by darthgoober Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

It's not a white power symbol lol.

Say it. Learn it. Live it.

Old Post Sep 17th, 2018 08:33 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

While some may use it, it can only be appropriated if everyone allows it. so why are you allowing racists to appropriate it?

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Sep 17th, 2018 09:08 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Trocity
Colin Kaepernick is a white supremacist.

Damn, another black white supremacist. We have too many in our culture sad

Old Post Sep 17th, 2018 09:13 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Are white supremacists really so stupid and uncreative that they can't come up with their own damn symbol? What next? The peace sign? The rock out sign? The middle finger?

Old Post Sep 18th, 2018 12:46 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

As long as they don't choose the 🤔 emoji they're okay.

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Sep 18th, 2018 12:50 AM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Not me mate, you are bang on the money.

Lol, you banged him for money. I knew you were a whore.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2018 02:35 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Originally posted by BackFire
Are white supremacists really so stupid and uncreative that they can't come up with their own damn symbol? What next? The peace sign? The rock out sign? The middle finger?

It's actually pretty smart if you think about it. If they come up with their own symbol people can just ignore it, but if they coopt something already use they can create a media circus around it.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Sep 18th, 2018 03:27 AM
Emperordmb is currently offline Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

They should coopt suicide.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2018 03:41 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

They probably use those, too.

The other question, is does the internet just believe everything it reads. I mean, I'm totally 100% certain some white supremecists used the ok sign before 4chan did their thing. The question is, was that a pattern, or did 4chan take an isolated incident or two, and fool people into believing a pattern was there?

Although it's also pretty likely neo nazi types would jump to play along with 4chans troll, and appropriate it after the fact..

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2018 06:06 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Lol they got duped by 4chan just like the morons insisting it's a white power symbol got duped.

They didn't set out to "lets now use the okay sign!". Again, like a bunch of people on the left, 4chan has more control over their lives than they realize.

Guarantee you if 4chan decides a thumbs up is racist within 6 months we'll have Bash posting here screaming it's a white supremacist symbol cuz he saw a nazi use it lol.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2018 11:15 AM
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

yup thumb up but watch pinnocio continue trying to gaslight.

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2018 12:28 PM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
snowdragon

Another nonissue that asshats want to play up.

Zomg, all 10,000 neo nazis in the USA use a symbol that for years had no significance and now its white power.

Grow up and walk away from the kiddie culture.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2018 01:24 PM
snowdragon is currently offline Click here to Send snowdragon a Private Message Find more posts by snowdragon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by snowdragon

Zomg, all 10,000 neo nazis in the USA use a symbol that for years had no significance and now its white power.

They are eternal children so they can't walk away from it.

It's like the movie "Big" went horribly horribly wrong and now a bunch of dipshits think the okay symbol is for white power now. Though it's not and the more some insist it is the less intelligent they look.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2018 01:53 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Dirty f*cking white supremacist:

Needs to drop out of politics immediately.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2018 02:07 PM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Oh yeah, it's "faux outrage" driven by a media desperate for views at any cost. It's all based on "truth", but overblown to ridiculous proportions.

I've posted this article before, and will keep posting it, because everyone should read it once:

https://medium.com/@parkermolloy/5-...ge-ba79125e1262

An innocent social media comment about a lipstick color, called "underage red", gets passed around from media to media, with each one dialing up the non-existent "outrage".

It's like a perverse game of "telephone", except people intentionally use deception instead of misunderstanding a message..

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Last edited by cdtm on Sep 18th, 2018 at 04:20 PM

Old Post Sep 18th, 2018 04:17 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Its funny because Fly and others were the ones bringing up how they were going to use it now. You know the people with far right views, no one else sees it as something anyone uses. I n the same way no one in Germany used the Peaceful Swastika before the Reich. Try redeeming the swastiska. Why should those Nazis have it? Hang on didnt 4 chan try that?

Old Post Sep 18th, 2018 04:51 PM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Its funny because Fly and others were the ones bringing up how they were going to use it now. You know the people with far right views, no one else sees it as something anyone uses. I n the same way no one in Germany used the Peaceful Swastika before the Reich. Try redeeming the swastiska. Why should those Nazis have it? Hang on didnt 4 chan try that?

While your point is valid, there's a question of proportion. A few alt righters (And Trumpers, and trolls), vs a state sponsored movement that engineered untold genocides.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2018 04:54 PM
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by cdtm
While your point is valid, there's a question of proportion. A few alt righters (And Trumpers, and trolls), vs a state sponsored movement that engineered untold genocides.
Of course, although it was a small movement in the 20s in Germany.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2018 05:14 PM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
snowdragon

I'll be honest here, I have never visited 4chan, I can't think of the last time I used the OK sign. I also think that asshats that buy into neo nazi signs are another complete group of ass hatery.

I find that equating things you dislike to nazis and such for simpletons. You are literally eating the garbage they spew to create your own garbage that is simple.

The world we live in today isn't as narrow and close minded unless you want to discuss evangelicals or zealot islamists.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2018 05:18 PM
snowdragon is currently offline Click here to Send snowdragon a Private Message Find more posts by snowdragon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote