KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » It is now NOT OK to O.K?

It is now NOT OK to O.K?
Started by: Flyattractor

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Leftists have three choices:

-denounce Obama as racist
-do not ever open your mouths to whine about perceived racism again
-admit you're a retard and it's not a symbol of white power

Your choice is irrelevant to me, but you do need to choose.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2018 01:55 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Putinbot1
Prior to appropriation and the alt-right incel victim culture.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2018 01:59 PM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
samhain
The Demon Hunter

Originally posted by Surtur
How about adults act like adults and not flip out over a hand sign?

It would be great if we lived in a more relaxed world but we don't. People are occasionally going to be offended by things that are designed to offend them, like you for example. Perhaps this is a ploy by the left to enrage people who disagree with them and here you are, offended by it. At the very least you're swallowing their poison and expecting them to get sick. I can't do the 'okay' signal anymore? Fine, I'll lump it in with Nazi salutes, not using the word n****r and spitting on public transport, ie, stuff I have no problem with anyway, adjust and adapt my friend.

rolling on floor laughing smokin' messed

Old Post Sep 16th, 2018 02:29 PM
samhain is currently offline Click here to Send samhain a Private Message Find more posts by samhain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Originally posted by darthgoober
F*ck that. I'm not going to let a bunch of assholes steal something a neutral as the "OK" sign from me. I refuse to give assholes that much control over my life and I'm not catering to anyone stupid enough to suggest that I should. Everyone talks about how white supremacist have too much power in our society while simultaneously letting the bastards take over whatever they f*ck they want just by twisting it. Who cares what the white supremacists think it means... they're dumb. It only actually means that if everyone else is dumb enough to go along with them. Black people should start using the sign all the time just to F*ck with the bastards. They almost definitely like boobs too, and I'm not going to let them ruin my love for them either.

About the most sensible thing said in this whole thread.

We should not cede territory, linguistic, iconographic, and especially not ideological to the alt-right.

Pepe was a very ubiquitous meme at one point, but because there were a few alt-right Pepes, Hillary Clinton called it a white supremacist meme, and in mockery of that it's been taken up a lot more by a mix of people from the alt-right, and non-racists who just find it funny that someone could get pissed off by a cartoon frog.

The okay hand sign, a pretty neutral hand gesture, and now people are whining about it. Apparently milk is a white supremacist symbol now too... ****ing milk... you don't cede this kinda territory to white supremacists and declare it unusable.

It's even worse when it happens with ideological positions.

Take border security and nationalistic leanings. There is a pretty solid non-racist argument for them on the basis that a nation's primary obligation is to its own citizens, those who sacrifice some of their property (taxes) and liberty (following laws) to the state. A nation being primarily obliged to it's own people and own national interest makes sense to me as the upholding of the social contract formed by people within a nation. But because the alt-right's interests overlap with that nationalism and border security, those things are unfairly linked with racism and the alt-right when there's a perfectly non-racist argument and reason for supporting them.

Doing this has two consequences, you unfairly castigate people who hold these positions for non-racist reasons, and if you try and push those stances to the fringe where they're owned by the alt-right in some sense, then people who actually have nationalist leanings and care about border security would be more tempted to join the alt-right because the alt-right would be the only group speaking to that interest if you make it unacceptable for any decent person to hold nationalist and pro-border security views.

Same thing with ceding topics of discussion like differences in average IQ between racial groups. There is a non-racist way to explain those statistics, and that is that you can't judge an individual based on group statistics. There are white people smarter than jews, black people smarter than whites, mexicans smarter than asians, etc. You can only judge someone's intellect as an individual because people vary a lot within a group.

However if you mark that topic of discussion an off limits area of academic discussion, then you unfairly castigate non-racists who are just interested in looking at statistics as racists, and if you make it impossible for non-racists to discuss, impressionable young people will only hear them from the alt-right and have nobody to explain the non-racist conclusion that can be drawn from them, and they'll think the people opposing the alt-right are intellectually dishonest.

You don't give ****s like the alt-right more ammo.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Sep 16th, 2018 03:14 PM
Emperordmb is currently offline Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by samhain
It would be great if we lived in a more relaxed world but we don't. People are occasionally going to be offended by things that are designed to offend them, like you for example. Perhaps this is a ploy by the left to enrage people who disagree with them and here you are, offended by it. At the very least you're swallowing their poison and expecting them to get sick. I can't do the 'okay' signal anymore? Fine, I'll lump it in with Nazi salutes, not using the word n****r and spitting on public transport, ie, stuff I have no problem with anyway, adjust and adapt my friend.

I'm not offended, merely pointing out that it's only morons that think this is a white power symbol.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2018 05:00 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

Exactly, making a non-issue into an issue to be "victims" of there own narrative. Funny stuff.

they attempted the same gaslighting strategy with pepe. remember how well that worked out for richard spencer? smile

(please log in to view the image)

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2018 05:34 PM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by Silent Master
Sure, right after you post where I made that claim.

thumb up Classic Silent Master. laughing

thumb up I mean who uses it daily? In the U.K. we use thumbs up anyway. Good post Sam! I have never seen anyone in any country use O.K. so... It's clearly the rightist-Incel-Bat-signal, all good reasons not to use it.

I think this is more on point. Who uses it? We use thumbs up, these days. Using the OK hand sign is, frankly, outdated. I don't know anyone from any country who uses the OK hand sign (work related). It's always thumbs or the head nod thing.

Originally posted by Bashar Teg
they attempted the same gaslighting strategy with pepe. remember how well that worked out for richard spencer? smile

Ahhh, yes. Violence against people who say things you disagree with. The perfect kind of fascism.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2018 05:39 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

People who do the "OK" sign need to be punched, because obviously.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2018 05:40 PM
ArtificialGlory is currently offline Click here to Send ArtificialGlory a Private Message Find more posts by ArtificialGlory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by dadudemon
thumb up Classic Silent Master. laughing

I think this is more on point. Who uses it? We use thumbs up, these days. Using the OK hand sign is, frankly, outdated. I don't know anyone from any country who uses the OK hand sign (work related). It's always thumbs or the head nod thing.

Ahhh, yes. Violence against people who say things you disagree with. The perfect kind of fascism.

They do love them some fascism.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2018 05:42 PM
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2018 05:52 PM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by Bashar Teg

What's your point?

Here's an Anitfa dude getting knocked out:

Are we celebrating violence against idiots?

Old Post Sep 16th, 2018 05:57 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by samhain
thumb up Brilliant Post.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2018 07:29 PM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by dadudemon
What's your point?

Here's an Anitfa dude getting knocked out:

Are we celebrating violence against idiots?
What a terrible punch... Seriously, hilariously awful...

Old Post Sep 16th, 2018 07:31 PM
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Surtur
I'm not offended, merely pointing out that it's only morons that think this is a white power symbol.
The alt-right incels have appropriated a sign no one uses so they can say the sign no one uses is being picked on... Haha, so silly.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2018 07:34 PM
Silent Master

Calm down.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2018 08:05 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Calm down.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2018 08:09 PM
Silent Master

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2018 08:12 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
janus77
Banana Genius

OK is perfectly ok with me.

And I'm not even a white supremacist, but I'll sign up if that's the only way to retain my right to be OK with OK!

Are you a Glinting Bastard?

Old Post Sep 16th, 2018 08:20 PM
janus77 is currently offline Click here to Send janus77 a Private Message Find more posts by janus77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

= me

Pats head, I know S&M, I know. smokin'

Old Post Sep 16th, 2018 08:20 PM
Silent Master

Post editing, that is something you would do. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Sep 16th, 2018 08:23 PM