KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez Video "nitwit" controversy

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez Video "nitwit" controversy
Started by: dadudemon

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (13): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Emperordmb
LSDMB

You aren't challenging the point that this would be terrible for our economy. You're just reiterating what I've already conceded.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Jan 6th, 2019 01:11 AM
Emperordmb is currently offline Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

There's also corporate advocates gaining positions in the courts.

Personally, I think just like businessmen had an open coup in Hawaii, there's been a similar, more shadowy coup in the US. No blood needed, just a lot of money, and gaming the system (Like getting your people in the courts.)

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Last edited by cdtm on Jan 6th, 2019 at 01:24 AM

Old Post Jan 6th, 2019 01:13 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam_PoE

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Emperordmb
You aren't challenging the point that this would be terrible for our economy. You're just reiterating what I've already conceded.

"The policy that was in place for much of the modern era, and particularly during times of middle-class economic prosperity, will not work today, because reasons."

You only think the policy is radical, because the rate has never been that high in your lifetime.

The wealthy want you to believe their tax rate is too high, and they have trained you to bark on command to protect their interests, "This will be disastrous for the economy. The wealthy are job creators, and if we raise their taxes, they will create fewer jobs, which will have a trickle-down effect on the rest of us."

The reality is that tax breaks for wealthy people do not lead to job creation, it leads to the wealthy hoarding more wealth.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2019 01:40 AM
Adam_PoE is currently offline Click here to Send Adam_PoE a Private Message Find more posts by Adam_PoE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Adam_PoE
"The policy that was in place for much of the modern era, and particularly during times of middle-class economic prosperity, will not work today, because reasons."

You only think the policy is radical, because the rate has never been that high in your lifetime.

The wealthy want you to believe their tax rate is too high, and they have trained you to bark on command to protect their interests, "This will be disastrous for the economy. The wealthy are job creators, and if we raise their taxes, they will create fewer jobs, which will have a trickle-down effect on the rest of us."

The reality is that tax breaks for wealthy people do not lead to job creation, it leads to the wealthy hoarding more wealth.

I can give a reason it won't work anymore:

Corporate responsibility to shareholders.

The courts enforce a policy where businesses are money making machines for investors, and nothing else. Tax rates really won't fix that, either way.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2019 01:43 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

And what happens when wealthy people are less interested in living or doing business here Adam? What happens when they've decided they've found a better arrangement elsewhere?

Is that just fantasy wealthy elite brainwashing rather than the simple logic that it's a disincentive for someone to do business in the US if their success means more than half of their income will be taken away from them?

Also taking away more than half of someone's income is something I firmly object to on principle.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!

Old Post Jan 6th, 2019 01:50 AM
Emperordmb is currently offline Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

What happens when they've decided they've found a better arrangement elsewhere?
And where would that be? I'm curious to see this magical, untapped land that fits both conditions of:

Its tax codes are friendlier to large businesses then the American tax code

and

The citizens of said company have buying power that rivals that of an American citizen

Because you need both to be a better arrangement. You can go to Mexico and you might pay less taxes, but Mexicans won't buy your televisions, cars and other frivolous, consumerist garbage at the rate Americans do. You could also try going to Australia or Canada or Sweden, places where first-world citizens have more disposable income, but those countries also don't deep-throat corporate cock the way we do here, so enjoy getting bent over even harder in regards to taxes (and also regulations).

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Last edited by Tzeentch on Jan 6th, 2019 at 02:20 AM

Old Post Jan 6th, 2019 02:14 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Also taking away more than half of someone's income is something I firmly object to on principle.
Why is that if someone's income is incredibly disproportionate compared to others?

If you were to take over half of the average person's income, they would be phucked without lube. Affording basic needs like food, housing healthcare, and transportation would become insanely difficult or even impossible for them.

For someone who makes 10,000,000 or more a year, what are they losing by comparison? Their basic needs are still more than met, and their disposal income allows them to live in far greater luxury than most people.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2019 02:28 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Yeah. Its Fair when it happens to Other People. Not me.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2019 02:30 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

You are forgetting Jesus' quote about the rich.

"Yay my children, and bend at the waist for those above your station and present yourself to them, and accept what they give you, what they decide you are worth, for you are worth nothing more and they deserve all they have and then more, for they are your better and if you cannot afford health care then that is what you must suffer, for their Lamborgini is of greater importance. If you cannot afford food, then that is what you must suffer, for their ability to afford to fly to Taiwan and make love to the little children is of greater importance. It is their convenience that must take priority over the things you need to live. Yay my child, don't forget the lube. "

Old Post Jan 6th, 2019 02:33 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Wow. What Book was that from the The Book of BFpullingOutofHisArse Chap 6:9??

Old Post Jan 6th, 2019 02:37 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

The New Te$tament, please pay $9.99 for additional passages.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2019 02:40 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by NemeBro
Why is that if someone's income is incredibly disproportionate compared to others?

If you were to take over half of the average person's income, they would be phucked without lube. Affording basic needs like food, housing healthcare, and transportation would become insanely difficult or even impossible for them.

For someone who makes 10,000,000 or more a year, what are they losing by comparison? Their basic needs are still more than met, and their disposal income allows them to live in far greater luxury than most people.

No one "needs" a hundred million dollars.

Otoh, the American left does talk about "fairness" a lot. Nothing much fair about arbitrarily taking what you want from someone, whether they could afford it or not.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2019 03:22 AM
Flyattractor

Originally posted by BackFire
The New Te$tament, please pay $9.99 for additional passages.

So what your saying is that if I DON'T pay you... you will stop talking?

eek!

Old Post Jan 6th, 2019 03:26 AM
BackFire

No. In fact if you don't pay me, the volume of my voice goes up.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2019 03:33 AM
Flyattractor

Hmmm? I thought that noise was someone putting a mouses balls in a press....

Old Post Jan 6th, 2019 03:36 AM
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Originally posted by BackFire
You are forgetting Jesus' quote about the rich.

"Yay my children, and bend at the waist for those above your station and present yourself to them, and accept what they give you, what they decide you are worth, for you are worth nothing more and they deserve all they have and then more, for they are your better and if you cannot afford health care then that is what you must suffer, for their Lamborgini is of greater importance. If you cannot afford food, then that is what you must suffer, for their ability to afford to fly to Taiwan and make love to the little children is of greater importance. It is their convenience that must take priority over the things you need to live. Yay my child, don't forget the lube. "

there's a difference between telling people to voluntarily be generous and taking their property from them by force

Old Post Jan 6th, 2019 03:47 AM
Flyattractor

Yes. Its the diff between Charity and Being a Big Pillock.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2019 03:50 AM
BackFire

there's a difference between telling people to voluntarily be generous and taking their property from them by force

Who is advocating taking property?

Old Post Jan 6th, 2019 05:26 AM
Flyattractor

The Pillocks!

Old Post Jan 6th, 2019 05:27 AM
BackFire

The rich taste like chicken.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2019 05:32 AM