KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Gillette commercial/PSA and the inevitable outrage

What is the most reasonable reaction to Gillette's new ad?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Boycott Gillette over the commercial 4 26.67%
Get the **** over it 11 73.33%
Total: 15 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Gillette commercial/PSA and the inevitable outrage
Started by: Eternal Idol

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (10): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by dadudemon
I have a difficult time trying to find something wrong with this.

This is what they taught me as a youth in our Mormon churches.

This is what we were taught in Boy Scouts when Boy Scouts was called Boy Scouts of America.

This is what I was taught in sports during my secondary education years.

The core message I took away is a great man leads his male peers to do and act morally, respectfully, and justly. A couple of the clips in their montage was of men who stopped fights and taught young men what being a man is about.

How is this toxic? This is masculine. This is manly.

You don't have to be a neckbeard to respect women. In fact, shave your neckbeard and just don't say or do the creepy things like the advert pointed out.

Why is it considered unmanly to be a moral leader to your group of male friends? You don't have to be an SJW. Just act and say like they did in the advert. Don't get preachy. Keep the response very short and sweet. Don't dwell on it.

Masculinity in general does get a bad rap. The bully jock, the bro, the predator. Was a staple of every teen movie ever.

They existed, sure, but you hardly see positive masculinity, unless it's someone like The Rock or Samuel L. Jackson headlining.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2019 08:16 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Don't care.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2019 08:30 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

my shaver is a phillips, but I think I'll switch to gillette now. any company that makes incels mad deserves my business. smile

Old Post Jan 15th, 2019 08:46 PM
Beniboybling is currently offline Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Beniboybling
my shaver is a phillips, but I think I'll switch to gillette now. any company that makes incels mad deserves my business. smile

thumb up

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jan 15th, 2019 08:47 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

The real product The Lefty should Support.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2019 08:52 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Bashar Teg
triggered fascist babymen ruin everything. Now I can't wear a polo and you can't wear a beard.
It is shit, I wear polos too. I have shit loads of them.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2019 08:59 PM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Beniboybling
postvofvthe daythumb up

Old Post Jan 15th, 2019 09:00 PM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Are they the kind with the little alligator on them?

Old Post Jan 15th, 2019 09:00 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Eternal Idol
I imagine most people getting bent out of shape over this are the same types who ***** about political correctness, safe zones, outrage for the sake of outrage, and over-sensitivity in general, while calling anyone who shows even a slight disapproval over things they're ok with "libtards", "SJWs", and "snowflakes"...yet these bunch of pussies are throwing fits online over a preachy commercial. laughing out loud

Weird of Gillette to have a minute-and-a-half PSA to advertise their shaving products, but it's a positive message, at least.

"Oh, but they're alienating men, their core consumer base!"

If you're getting offended by a commercial stressing the importance of respect and responsibility, you may have some deeper underlying issues to address.

The commercial won't influence me to buy any more or less of their products than I already do, which at this point, is down to antiperspirant and sometimes shave gel.
awesomecpost too thumb up

Old Post Jan 15th, 2019 09:01 PM
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Flyattractor
Are they the kind with the little alligator on them?
Yes and the polo player will get some pics posted.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2019 09:02 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Eternal Idol
I imagine most people getting bent out of shape over this are the same types who ***** about political correctness, safe zones, outrage for the sake of outrage, and over-sensitivity in general, while calling anyone who shows even a slight disapproval over things they're ok with "libtards", "SJWs", and "snowflakes"...yet these bunch of pussies are throwing fits online over a preachy commercial. laughing out loud

Weird of Gillette to have a minute-and-a-half PSA to advertise their shaving products, but it's a positive message, at least.

"Oh, but they're alienating men, their core consumer base!"

If you're getting offended by a commercial stressing the importance of respect and responsibility, you may have some deeper underlying issues to address.

The commercial won't influence me to buy any more or less of their products than I already do, which at this point, is down to antiperspirant and sometimes shave gel.

Probably yeah since there are hypocrites on both sides.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2019 09:50 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

IMO it's silly for people to toss stuff out. This stuff doesn't last forever, if you wanna buy something different next time fine, but you only own yourself if you throw out something usable.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2019 10:01 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

I admit I groom, I trim my pubic hair and when in the UK get my back waxed. I also enjoy a Turkish barber, especially burning tapers on the ears, the cut throat and hot towel. Manicures and pedicures are also good.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2019 10:04 PM
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

i also have a turkish barber. the man knows his business, but goddamn what a fat f*ck. 70 year old version of randy from trailer park boys, gigantic gut grinding on my arm, i'd tuck them in so tight they lose circulation but it doesn't matter, the gut always wins.

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2019 12:03 AM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

I go to a hot redhead milf for my haircuts. Not unusual to have the vaginal area pressed against a hand or elbow through the barber's drape. You guys enjoy those Turkish testicles though stick out tongue

Old Post Jan 16th, 2019 12:10 AM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eternal Idol
Lono, "The Dog"

Originally posted by Robtard
I go to a hot redhead milf for my haircuts. Not unusual to have the vaginal area pressed against a hand or elbow through the barber's drape. You guys enjoy those Turkish testicles though stick out tongue

laughing out loud

Old Post Jan 16th, 2019 12:18 AM
Eternal Idol is currently offline Click here to Send Eternal Idol a Private Message Find more posts by Eternal Idol Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

look man it's all about location and availability. i don't have time to chase after cute hairdressers, i want to be in and out in 20 minutes...like when i spend time with your mom

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2019 12:20 AM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

You're just being considerate then, my mom's a very busy woman.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2019 12:26 AM
Silent Master

Just checked out the official video. Currently 187k people like it and 521k don't.

People need to get a life.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2019 03:53 AM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Great comment on youtube

MyBalls
12 hours ago (edited)
I buy a razor to shave my balls,
NOT to cut them off.
.. Sooo it seems I won't buy Gillette anymore.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Jan 16th, 2019 10:19 AM
Emperordmb is currently offline Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote