KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » KMC Comic Book Tiers (v2.0)

KMC Comic Book Tiers (v2.0)
Started by: Galan007

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (30): « First ... « 23 24 [25] 26 27 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Galan007
thumb up

Superman has been doing shit like this for a LONG time. But in the past 10-15 years especially, it seems like he's doing it more and more frequently... To the point where it has basically become his norm, and can no longer be downplayed as an 'outlier' or w/e. It's well established that, when push comes to shove, there's really nothing he can't do... No one he can't beat. That IS part of his powerset -- probably the most important/fundamental aspect of his powerset, in all honesty.

At this point nearly any Superman thread that is created or bumped is just a bait thread, imo.

{edit}
And I did strike Superman from the list for now, and left a note about 'why' underneath.

Yeah. I wonder what the turning point was, when they just started to outright state it. OWAW? Final Crisis?

Originally posted by MrMind
why ban superman threads though

if the consensus is superman is too powerful for his current tier

then we can make matches of him vs skyfathers or cosmic beings

Because he'd beat them too.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jun 6th, 2019 04:23 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kal-L

Originally posted by -Pr-

Because he'd beat them too. [/B]

Correct. The best thing is to remove him from the list. No doubt.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2019 04:58 AM
Kal-L is currently offline Click here to Send Kal-L a Private Message Find more posts by Kal-L Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MrMind

Originally posted by -Pr-
Yeah. I wonder what the turning point was, when they just started to outright state it. OWAW? Final Crisis?

Because he'd beat them too.

shouldn't this be discussed at least

carver still think Hulk beats Superman, for example

not everyone thinks superman is unbeatable here

Old Post Jun 6th, 2019 06:25 AM
MrMind is currently offline Click here to Send MrMind a Private Message Find more posts by MrMind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

I can try a thread idea. Think of it as an open BZ. Superman vs [insert character]. Usual forum rules. Two rounds.

1. No prep, usual battle stips
2. A scenario fight, where Supes gets to grab tech etc like with the White Martians.

No one over....HH level. Then let's see how it plays out. It'll attract all the toxic posters for sure, but if no one can come up with a convincing post or argument, then he comes off the list?

And if we need things like 'Flash travels back in time to kill him' just to beat him, that shows how Uber he is (because frankly, that attack one shots pretty much everyone).

Old Post Jun 6th, 2019 07:36 AM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MrMind

I guarantee just on this site alone, more than half the people don't think superman is unbeatable even after what happened in JL

Old Post Jun 6th, 2019 07:37 AM
MrMind is currently offline Click here to Send MrMind a Private Message Find more posts by MrMind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Thinking is fine.

But if they can prove their Hulks, Thors, WWs, Captain Marvels et Al can beat him in a forum setting, they are welcome to.

This way, the same old scans would only be used once. Here's Superman doing X , etc.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2019 08:01 AM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

We are discussing it. That's what this thread is for. stick out tongue

I guarantee just on this site alone, more than half the people don't think superman is unbeatable even after what happened in JL

The problem is the separation of the character from his role in the company. I mean, even as bad as Snyder's writing can be, he recognises it enough to do what he did. How do separate those two things fairly?

Even if you go just by feats, Superman still takes the boundary of what a herald should be able to do, shoves it in a locker and takes its lunch money while calling it a homophobic slur or two.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jun 6th, 2019 08:08 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

I also agree with the temporarily banning Superman threads.

If the debate really needs to happen somewhere there should be a couple of threads available when the discussion is hot and people are motivated to do an actual argument. That sounds more of a battlezone situation to me which is fine.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Jun 6th, 2019 09:39 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Hence my open challenge. Those of us who think he's above Herald level, and those who don't.

Then, the ones who think he's above will also show why he's off the list entirely.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2019 10:00 AM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

I'm not saying that Superman is completely unbeatable in a forum setting. However, I do think he's done more than enough at this point to put him in a class above the maximum parameters of the tiers thread for sure... Especially given the 'full capacity' rule of KMC.

I mean, how many Heralds, Trans-levelers, or even Skyfathers do you know of who have done what he's done, as consistently as he's done it? Typically you don't see characters in those tiers routinely wiping their asses with universal/multiversal beings. /shrug

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Jun 6th, 2019 at 11:08 AM

Old Post Jun 6th, 2019 10:59 AM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MrMind

I'm not saying that Superman is completely unbeatable in a forum setting. However, I do think he's done more than enough at this point to put him in a class above the maximum parameters of the tiers thread for sure... Especially given the 'full capacity' rule of KMC.

I mean, how many Heralds, Trans-levelers, or even Skyfathers do you know of who have done what he's done, as consistently as he's done it? Typically you don't see characters in those tiers routinely wiping their asses with universal/multiversal beings. /shrug

I just don't think ban/close all superman threads is the right idea

if superman is too much for heralds/trans level being. We can always match him up with higher level, or teams

also not everyone hold high opinions of superman like your or me

Old Post Jun 6th, 2019 12:31 PM
MrMind

Gladiator to HH?

Old Post Jul 26th, 2019 05:57 PM
Philosophía
"The devil made me do it"

Against.

I mean -- Loki, Black Bolt, Nate Grey, Beta Ray [I know he lost to him, but it was hamerless], Supergirl, Cassandra Nova, Graviton, Black Adam/Shazam etc. etc. are still there, and they're better than him. Depending on how sustained his push is, it might be possible in the future, though - but a one off is not enough.

“Perhaps this is the ultimate freedom. The freedom to leave.”

Old Post Jul 26th, 2019 06:17 PM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Gladiator to HH?

Against.

It's essentially a What If story, where reality was in flux. Just a few weeks ago, an injured Nova outsped him:

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jul 26th, 2019 07:48 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

One high showing is not enough to counterbalance his 40+ years of mid-herald averages.

Against.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Jul 26th, 2019 07:56 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MrMind

Originally posted by Philosophía
Against.

I mean -- Loki, Black Bolt, Nate Grey, Beta Ray [I know he lost to him, but it was hamerless], Supergirl, Cassandra Nova, Graviton, Black Adam/Shazam etc. etc. are still there, and they're better than him. Depending on how sustained his push is, it might be possible in the future, though - but a one off is not enough.
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Against.

It's essentially a What If story, where reality was in flux. Just a few weeks ago, an injured Nova outsped him:

(please log in to view the image)
One high showing is not enough to counterbalance his 40+ years of mid-herald averages.

Against.

I agree with all three thumb up

I always thought Gladiator is overrated, but I will say this

his recent showing vs bill and galactus

he definitely appears to be the top of the game in marvel heralds right now, I'd say now he's the second most powerful annihilator right after surfer with an argument being the best

Old Post Jul 28th, 2019 03:05 AM
darthgoober

I think Darkhawk(and likely Hellion) should be bumped up out of the mid meta category at this point.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2019 06:54 PM
darthgoober is currently offline Click here to Send darthgoober a Private Message Find more posts by darthgoober Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía

Figured it'd be time to bump this..

Icon [Milestone] to mid-herald?

Old Post Dec 29th, 2019 12:57 AM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MrMind

Originally posted by Philosophía
Figured it'd be time to bump this..

Icon [Milestone] to mid-herald?

I literally don't know anything about him other than his crossover with Superman

how does he compare to Blue Marvel?

Old Post Dec 29th, 2019 01:57 AM
Philosophía

I'll make a RT sometime today.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2020 02:09 PM