KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Race is a Social Construct. (Scientific Fact from Meta data)

Race is a Social Construct. (Scientific Fact from Meta data)
Started by: Putinbot1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (13): « First ... « 9 10 [11] 12 13 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Bentley
Seitei

I haven't checked any specific article other than what has been presented here. Personally I think that racism being "genetic" isn't any more shocking than "rape" being genetic. We all agree these things can be overturned by education so it hardly makes up for anything other than a token win.

Unlike some conservatives I'm not obsessed with how humans are "by nature", some people will gladly refuse to accept natural homosexuality like hypocrites and argue that natural selfishness should keep us from giving universal income to people. This is not about nitpicking or choosing arguments to fit a narrative for me. If racism is somehow natural then it's a serious consideration to take in certain poor communities.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Apr 1st, 2019 10:43 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Bentley
I haven't checked any specific article other than what has been presented here. Personally I think that racism being "genetic" isn't any more shocking than "rape" being genetic. We all agree these things can be overturned by education so it hardly makes up for anything other than a token win.

Unlike some conservatives I'm not obsessed with how humans are "by nature", some people will gladly refuse to accept natural homosexuality like hypocrites and argue that natural selfishness should keep us from giving universal income to people. This is not about nitpicking or choosing arguments to fit a narrative for me. If racism is somehow natural then it's a serious consideration to take in certain poor communities.
The thing is, it seems it's only perhaps "natural" where exposure and education doesn't take place. This is the best argument i've ever seen for multiculturalism, simething I believe you are very against. Correct me if my perception on that is wrong? Btw, this is the kind of debate this thread should be, thank you for thay. I'll ask again though do you have any evidence it's genetic because there isn't anything credible in this thread. IAT is completely discredited. No genetic evidence for racism that stands up to scrutiny exists.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2019 10:59 AM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

I'm not particularly against multiculturalism. I'm pro-european (but not in its neoliberalest brand of now) and have a loose take on immigration. I have Friends that are teachers and have to deal with poor gettos and trust me, the situation of lack of education is a reality nowadays. It makes for real discriminations and difficulties to adapt people into society. If there racism is genetic then it's a thing best to accept and counter instead of fishing for token wins.

As I mentioned earlier, I have no extra documentation on whether racism is genetic or not. If I run into one that seems convincing I'll gladly post it here.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Apr 1st, 2019 11:25 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Fair enough, you do understand sharedvgenes make defining race almost impossible as everyone from DMB, Snowdragon and PVS has alluded. Perhaps the greatest living genticist Craig Ventner says it doesn't exist and the majority of credible biologists agree.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2019 11:35 AM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by Bentley
I rather avoid the "having my cake and then eating it" arguments you are throwing here.

You cannot say racism isn't genetic because there wasn't multiculturalism in the past and then say multiculturalism would make genetic racism impossible to trigger. If we are intellectually honest there is no reason to debunk genetic racism with that kind of "by default" argument.

He said racism isn't biological (not just genetic) based on his two degrees:

Originally posted by Putinbot1
As someone with degrees in molecular biology and genetics I disagree about racism being biological.

But then he posts about the biology of racism and conceded the point 2 times. He has no actual issue with my position nor does he disagree with it. He's just trolling and I'm here for the lulz.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2019 01:17 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

or option 3 as everyone from DMB to Snowdragon to Rob and PVS, in fact everyone but the close hangouts gang. Race is a social construct and you don't like the fact my evidence is better. Look at your brains trust seriously. Lolz.

But of course, every new member is Whirly. Btw, to all new members, randoms and old poster who bothered to read everything, cheers!

Enjoy.

smile

Originally posted by dadudemon
How is that strawman working out for you?

You do understand you're arguing "the genes of race" vs. my point which is "the genes of racism" right?

Let me know how your alleles discussion works with infants when you yell at them to stop being racist. smile

Don't forget about this giant mistake you posted:

As someone with degrees in molecular biology and genetics I disagree about racism being biological.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2019 01:19 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Don't forget about this giant mistake you posted:
you see, it's no mistake DDM as pretty much every neutral has explained you have nothing. You're using discredited behavioural studies. You can try and make it personal. It isn't from me; you're just wrong. As the last study i posted which gives very hard Science alludes. It's like you don't understand the difference between hard science and your strawman.

Last edited by Putinbot1 on Apr 1st, 2019 at 01:29 PM

Old Post Apr 1st, 2019 01:24 PM
dadudemon

This just wasn't your topic. You'll have to do better to troll next time. Everyone can tell you're at the very end of your ropes when you start lying about "discredited" stuff. It's a bit sad, actually.

Good luck in the next troll game you play. If you need me to double check your facts for you in the future, send me a PM and I'll help.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2019 01:32 PM
Premolar

you see, it's no mistake DDM as pretty much every neutral has explained you have nothing. You're using discredited behavioural studies. You can try and make it personal. It isn't from me; you're just wrong. As the last study i posted which gives very hard Science alludes. It's like you don't understand the difference between hard science and your strawman.

Exactly! I understand what's happening now.

You're Whirly and really respected, and they want to be.

It's why they won't debate with you. This thread in the comics section made it clear.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...=2#post16869364

Doodooman is still owning himself it seems.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2019 01:39 PM
Premolar is currently offline Click here to Send Premolar a Private Message Find more posts by Premolar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Premolar

It's why they won't debate with you. This thread in the comics section made it clear.

Dude put the shovel down and leave lol.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2019 01:43 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Well actually, it is a little bit...

The reaction to African-American faces was found to be weaker in people with racially diverse peers.

There's never been good reason to believe that human beings are naturally racist. After all, in the environment of human evolution--which didn't feature, for example, jet travel to other continents--there would have been virtually no encounters between groups that had different skin colors or other conspicuous physical differences. So it's not as if the human lineage could have plausibly developed, by evolutionary adaptation, an instinctive reaction to members of different races.

Nonetheless, people who want to argue that racism_is_natural have tried to buttress their position with evidence that racism is in some sense biological. For example: studies have found that when whites see black faces there is increased activity in the amygdala, a brain structure associated with emotion and, specifically, with the detection of threats.

Well, whatever power that kind of argument ever had--which wasn't much, since the fact that a psychological reaction has a biological correlate doesn't tell you whether the reaction is innate--it has even less power now. In a_paper_that will be published in the_Journal of Cognitive Neuroscience, Eva Telzer of UCLA and three other researchers report that they've performed these amygdala studies--which had previously been done on adults--on children. And they found something interesting: the racial sensitivity of the amygdala doesn't kick in until around age 14.

What's more: once it kicks in, it doesn't kick in equally for everybody. The more racially diverse your peer group, the less reliable the amygdala effect. At really high levels of diversity, the effect disappeared entirely. The authors of the study write that ''these findings suggest that neural biases to race are not innate and that race is a social construction, learned over time.''

This, with the evidence from Genetic studies, is interesting.

Above hard Science discrediting DDM and below DDM following the same discredited ideas as Hilary Clinton. Funny bedfellows...

This just wasn't your topic. You'll have to do better to troll next time. Everyone can tell you're at the very end of your ropes when you start lying about "discredited" stuff. It's a bit sad.

Good luck in the next troll game you play. If you need me to double check your facts for you in the future, send me a PM and I'll help.

Last edited by Putinbot1 on Apr 1st, 2019 at 01:48 PM

Old Post Apr 1st, 2019 01:44 PM
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Premolar

Pretty much, as everyone seem to agree but DDM and his brains trust. He has nothing.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2019 01:46 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

"Everyone, meaning Bash and me posting under different names, agrees with me and my views"-Poster child for why inbreeding is bad

Old Post Apr 1st, 2019 01:57 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

I suspect an ad hominem above. Haha. As people like Bash, Rob, Premolar, Cdtm, Snowdragon, DMB, big dog guy have said, Race is a social construct. Except to DDM and the brains trust. Even Bentley who disagrees has no evidence it's genetic, which he stated.

Tbh all up to date Science says one thing.

Last edited by Putinbot1 on Apr 1st, 2019 at 02:06 PM

Old Post Apr 1st, 2019 02:01 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Lmao! Just cited himself...twice! Pure gold.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2019 02:06 PM
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Dance puppet laughing

Old Post Apr 1st, 2019 02:07 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

"I'm responding to myself and supporting myself, ha ha dance puppet!"

laughing

Old Post Apr 1st, 2019 02:09 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Speaking of racism, trigger warning Tim Pool video:

"WOKE" Leftists Go FULL Racist, Argue AGAINST Inter Racial Dating

LOL

Old Post Apr 1st, 2019 02:12 PM
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Probably something paranoid about socks... Because Whirly is everyone who agreed with him in this thread. Oh, tht's right. Whirly is only PB. smile

Last edited by Putinbot1 on Apr 1st, 2019 at 02:26 PM

Old Post Apr 1st, 2019 02:13 PM
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

Enough of this nonsense: I am whirly. Putinbot1 is an imposter, probably that loser PVS.

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2019 02:25 PM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote