KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » The death of George Floyd/Chauvin guilty

The death of George Floyd/Chauvin guilty
Started by: tru-marvell

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (130): « First ... « 112 113 [114] 115 116 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

Saw it on the news this morning, don't know what to make of it, but I'll say this.

If a police officer stands on a suspect's neck so it stops breathing... That is police brutality. I don't care what reason they had. WTF?

Last Edited by Blakemore on Jan 1st, 2000, at 00:00 AM

Old Post Mar 29th, 2021 04:32 PM
Blakemore is currently offline Click here to Send Blakemore a Private Message Find more posts by Blakemore Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

The distraction-people argued that a cop putting his knee to a handcuffed person to pin him down for 8-9 minutes isn't really the issue. The issue is that George Floyd "was no saint" and that he died because of drugs and/or sickness.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Mar 29th, 2021 06:30 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

I still think there was an element of police brutality. 😕

Old Post Mar 29th, 2021 07:08 PM
Blakemore is currently offline Click here to Send Blakemore a Private Message Find more posts by Blakemore Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Of course it was police brutality. Anyone they arrest might be sick or on drugs. Its why you shouldnt needlessly choke them. Lets not even talk about how he begged for his life, because thats just depressing.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2021 07:20 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

The issue is that is standard operating procedure for Minneapolis police department in that scenario. They are literally supposed to kneel on their necks like that.

I'm not trying to defend Chauvin here. I think he's scum. But I think it's going to be damn near impossible for the prosecution to get him with 2nd degree murder when he was following operating procedure and Floyd was saying he was unable to breathe before the choke hold was employed. It's a shame, but I fully expect Chauvin will get a minimal sentence if not walk altogether.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2021 07:32 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ares834
The issue is that is standard operating procedure for Minneapolis police department in that scenario. They are literally supposed to kneel on their necks like that.

I'm not trying to defend Chauvin here. I think he's scum. But I think it's going to be damn near impossible for the prosecution to get him with 2nd degree murder when he was following operating procedure and Floyd was saying he was unable to breathe before the choke hold was employed. It's a shame, but I fully expect Chauvin will get a minimal sentence if not walk altogether.

From the training MPD manual apparently concerning the knee-to-back technique: "the maximal restraint technique shall only be used in situations where handcuffed subjects are combative and still pose a threat to themselves, officers or others, or could cause significant damage property if not properly restrained."

Floyd was pretty damn docile those 8-9 minutes, Chauvin had lots of backup and there were several police cruisers near by where they could have locked Floyd in if they though he was a danger to others and/or himself. The prosecution will probably focus on those aspects. ie What Chauvin did was not reasonable.

Last edited by Robtard on Mar 29th, 2021 at 07:44 PM

Old Post Mar 29th, 2021 07:37 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Klaw
Sigma Male

Yeah, I'm not seeing as how this isn't police brutality.

He definitely should get a harsh sentence.

Simp list: samhain, Blakemore, snowdragon

If you want to anger a Conservative, lie to him.
If you want to anger a Liberal, tell him the truth.

KMC is a Left Wing echo chamber; just like Reddit and Twitter.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2021 07:39 PM
Klaw is currently offline Find more posts by Klaw Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

It's been awhile since I looked into this, but from what I recall; Floyd showed signs of being in some kinda medical state (the name escapes me at this time) that is considered to be dangerous to himself and others. I suppose we'll see what happens when the trial commences.

Edit: Excited delirium is what it's called. Looking into it, there seems to be some controversy over whether it's real or not and that it's often used to absolve excessive force.

Last edited by ares834 on Mar 29th, 2021 at 07:52 PM

Old Post Mar 29th, 2021 07:43 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Kinda sounds like a police spin on this:

Old Post Mar 29th, 2021 09:38 PM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Blakemore
Saw it on the news this morning, don't know what to make of it, but I'll say this.

If a police officer stands on a suspect's neck so it stops breathing... That is police brutality. I don't care what reason they had. WTF?

Saw it too.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2021 10:03 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Darth Thor
Of course it was police brutality. Anyone they arrest might be sick or on drugs. Its why you shouldnt needlessly choke them. Lets not even talk about how he begged for his life, because thats just depressing.

That's kind of a problem in itself..

Everyone saw that. How on earth do you get an impartial jury now?

I know I sure couldn't do it, I'd be absolutely biased.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2021 10:11 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

I feel like it was negligence moreso than brutality, not that it changes that a man died as a result.

Watching the entire police cam footage did change it a little for me, though. They were actually pretty nice to him when they approached, immediately called EMTs when he said "I can't breathe" which was when he was still in his own car, said they would roll windows down or leave doors open when they were trying to get him into the police car, etc.

I only say this because the media made me originally believe this was some vicious attack where the police targeted him and intentionally killed him. Didn't look that way from the bodycam footage to me, though it obviously wasn't handled correctly in the end.

Last edited by Trocity on Mar 29th, 2021 at 10:33 PM

Old Post Mar 29th, 2021 10:30 PM
Trocity is currently offline Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

yeah, they were very polite and professional when they murdered him. good observation

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2021 10:47 PM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Chauvin keep his kneed on Floyd's neck as Floyd repeatedly said "I can't breathe. The knee on my neck. I can't breathe."

Old Post Mar 29th, 2021 11:05 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Trocity
I feel like it was negligence moreso than brutality, not that it changes that a man died as a result.

Watching the entire police cam footage did change it a little for me, though. They were actually pretty nice to him when they approached, immediately called EMTs when he said "I can't breathe" which was when he was still in his own car, said they would roll windows down or leave doors open when they were trying to get him into the police car, etc.

I only say this because the media made me originally believe this was some vicious attack where the police targeted him and intentionally killed him. Didn't look that way from the bodycam footage to me, though it obviously wasn't handled correctly in the end.

Chauvin keep his knee on Floyd's neck as Floyd repeatedly screamed:: "I can't breathe! The knee on my neck! I can't breathe!"

Old Post Mar 29th, 2021 11:06 PM
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Bashar Teg
yeah, they were very polite and professional when they murdered him. good observation

I was going to give this a LMAO until Robtard depressed me with Floyds last words again.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2021 12:23 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

Police brutality.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2021 12:58 AM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by Trocity

Negligence...?

He wasn't armed.

Hell, he was already fucking handcuffed, yet THREE COPS were keeping him down, including Derek who was literally making him suffocate.

One cop was needed to properly restrain him. What happened was murder, plain and simple.

Threatening civilians who wanted to help cannot be overlooked, either.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2021 01:58 AM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

In Europe, cops would be beaten by the crowd for even attempting such shit.

Apparently Americans feel too terrorized and can only record stuff with their phones.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2021 02:01 AM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ilikecomics
Restricted

Account Restricted

The government is like the catholic church to me.

Not every priest is a pedophile, but belongs to an organization that protects pedophiles.

Therefore all cops are criminals.

And if you have a buddy or relative that's a cop, remember that I didn't say criminals couldn't be charming.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2021 02:03 AM
ilikecomics is currently offline Click here to Send ilikecomics a Private Message Find more posts by ilikecomics Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote