KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Plot holes in Episode III

Plot holes in Episode III
Started by: The Last Son

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
The Last Son
Man of Steel

Plot holes in Episode III

I just watched ANH the other night and noticed half of what Obi Won was saying to Luke didn't happen in the prequels. If anyone has any explinations please let me know. For example. He mentiones Luke's Uncle thought that Anikan shouldn't have gotten invoved in the Clone Wars. ??? I don't get it.

Old Post May 10th, 2005 11:21 PM
Click here to Send The Last Son a Private Message Find more posts by The Last Son Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthmonkey9206

i just watched lord of the rings last night.

Thanks to Lord Tyrant for the sig!

Old Post May 10th, 2005 11:26 PM
Click here to Send darthmonkey9206 a Private Message Find more posts by darthmonkey9206 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Plagueis
The Wise-Ass Sith Lord

Re: Plot holes in Episode III

quote: (post)
Originally posted by The Last Son
I just watched ANH the other night and noticed half of what Obi Won was saying to Luke didn't happen in the prequels. If anyone has any explinations please let me know. For example. He mentiones Luke's Uncle thought that Anikan shouldn't have gotten invoved in the Clone Wars. ??? I don't get it.
I wouldn't see that particular point as a plot hole as it is just a characters opinion. The Jedi ended up serving as military generals during the clone wars, as opposed to their traditional role as peacekeepers. I am sure that 20 years on, many people would view the Jedi's involvement in the clone wars as a mistake (i.e. they shuoldn't have gotten involved)

Old Post May 10th, 2005 11:32 PM
Click here to Send Darth Plagueis a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Plagueis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Luetchyboy
Resident Superhero

off course there are plot holes. I suspect he wasn't thinking 30 years ago about future plot holes.

Old Post May 11th, 2005 12:02 AM
Click here to Send Luetchyboy a Private Message Find more posts by Luetchyboy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soda

the main ones I can think of are:

1)obi doesnt recognise the droids (but cud be lying)
2)the alien at the bar bleeds from a lightsaber wound (but could be a species thing)
3)the stormtroopers look way too simple compared to the ep3 troopers, i dont think they would design the ep4 suit as the next step in reality...

Old Post May 11th, 2005 12:16 AM
Click here to Send Soda a Private Message Find more posts by Soda Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tpaquin
The Guy With the Gun

I'm so sick of people pointing out inconsistencies....

People lie. They're not infallable. When luke said, "What do you remember of your movther?" Leia wasn't gonna say, "not a thing" and then walk away. She just bullshitted like the good little senator that she was. Obi was was BLATANTLY LYING TO LUKE. End of story.

To answer these three questions...

1)He is lying
2)It's a **** up that was SUPPOSED to be fixed in the DVD
3)The clone wars was an elaborate ground battle. 19 years of nothing but gurreila spacefights has made the stormtroopers pretty much obsolete. They don't need to be elaborate, anymore.

Old Post May 11th, 2005 01:02 AM
Click here to Send tpaquin a Private Message Find more posts by tpaquin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Oh yes, OB1 is a liar, nothing new there. But Leia??? that's a new thing. I think PAdme dying was a bad choice. Makes the ROTJ convo with the teddy bears totally unbelievable. It would have been, IMHO, much more dramatic if Padme were to see her twins split up and live in a remorseful exile for the remainder of her life. Much more damage than a death... but okay. George hasn't been demonstrating a great affinity with human emotions in the PT, so what the heck eh? Lots of lightsabres probably make up for it in his view.

Old Post May 11th, 2005 06:59 AM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lazerlike42
Darth Incompetant

I don't see why people find it impossible to think Leia is talking about Bail's wife as her mother. She's like an adopted child that isn't told she is adopted until she graduates high school or something.

John 3:16 ^Thanks Ast Rofan^

Old Post May 11th, 2005 07:04 AM
Click here to Send Lazerlike42 a Private Message Find more posts by Lazerlike42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Because it's clear that she knows what Luke is talking about: her REAL mother. Plus the sadness-thing becomes totally irrelevant if she's talking about Bail's wife. Who cares, a lot of people were sad whn the Emperor rose to power/ Hardly worthwhile mentioning that.

Old Post May 11th, 2005 07:06 AM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
@stroFan
SMUDGE

I always thought it could be her adopted mother, but doesnt Luke emphasize "your real mother"?

Made by da Piggle diggle Humsy.

Click here to Send @stroFan a Private Message Find more posts by @stroFan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Oh yes!

mephistodesigns
Hate has made me powerful

its not clear...he askes BEFORE he tells her she's really a Skywalker...she may not know. I think it could very easily be either. its very vague either way.

Old Post May 11th, 2005 07:07 AM
Click here to Send mephistodesigns a Private Message Find more posts by mephistodesigns Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

I don't think so. It's not some casual chat there. He states it clearly as "your REAL mother", and Leia doesn't look up like: "Whatcha mean my REAL mother, I only have one mother..." No, this is clearly an attempt by Luke to get a hold of his true identity, since he has so little.

Old Post May 11th, 2005 07:09 AM
Lazerlike42
Darth Incompetant

Luke doesn't know that Leia was not with her (and his) real mother and that [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Leia and his real mother died in childbirth. He only knows they are siblings, he could very easily be assuming Leia lived with their real mother.

Old Post May 11th, 2005 07:14 AM
Click here to Send Lazerlike42 a Private Message Find more posts by Lazerlike42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kashmircat
can i say no?

did people know that leia was adopted when rotj came out?

Old Post May 11th, 2005 07:15 AM
Click here to Send kashmircat a Private Message Find more posts by kashmircat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lazerlike42
Darth Incompetant

Originally posted by kashmircat
did people know that leia was adopted when rotj came out?

I don't know if there was any EU stuff about it but I would imagine most people didn't know it, they didn't lnow it either way. They probably assumed, just as Luke may have, that she was with her real mother.

Old Post May 11th, 2005 07:16 AM
@stroFan
SMUDGE

Originally posted by Lazerlike42
Luke doesn't know that Leia was not with her (and his) real mother and that [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Leia and his real mother died in childbirth. He only knows they are siblings, he could very easily be assuming Leia lived with their real mother.

That is a good point.

Unlike Luke she takes the name of her adopted parents. So she may well think Organa is her real mother.

Made by da Piggle diggle Humsy.

Old Post May 11th, 2005 07:18 AM
Click here to Send @stroFan a Private Message Find more posts by @stroFan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

EU stuff doesn't count. Only the canon.

And there is no doubt about this whole issue, people. Luke finds out that Leia is his sister, knowing she was raised by the Organa's. To get hold of his true identity (OB1 just told him lies about his father and the rest about Anakin is just a black mask that chopped off his hand) he asks about his mother. Since he never knew her, he hopes that his sister remembers a glimpse. It's simple, but screwed up now by ROTS.

Old Post May 11th, 2005 07:19 AM
mephistodesigns
Hate has made me powerful

that's true.

queeq> good point also, no reaction of "strange choice of words..." from Leia. And I don't think Lucas was making it so deep, I think it was supposed to be as simple as it seems...but then there's the whole cave in ESB which a lot of people still can't figure out. Sometimes he's just not very clear on what it is hes trying to say.

Old Post May 11th, 2005 07:21 AM
Click here to Send mephistodesigns a Private Message Find more posts by mephistodesigns Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lazerlike42
Darth Incompetant

I don't think it's messed up. The point is Luke knows who raised Leia, but he doesn't have ANY clue that they weren't his real parents. Obi-wan never tells him that. Nobody tells him that, so what reason would he have to believe otherwise? Does anyone here go around thinking your parents are actually adopted even though nobody has told you anything to suggest it? No, people assume their parents are legitimate unless something indicated otherwise.

Old Post May 11th, 2005 07:26 AM