KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Guild Wars 2 finally starts to come to life

Guild Wars 2 finally starts to come to life
Started by: Ushgarak

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (55): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Peach
mordrem

I've been playing the PvE for...a bit less than Ush has. Still nearly a year now, though. And there is tons of stuff I've yet to do. And that's just with my main character. I have 6 fully leveled up characters in varying states of game completion stick out tongue I will be busy with the PvE for a good long while.

The graphics that we saw in the trailer were still amazing. And it's still a ways out from the game's release, too. It will likely look better by the time it comes out, and ArenaNet has always said, as Ush said, that it will be designed to run well on mid-range computers. Frankly, it was beautiful. Though GW1 is still amazingly beautiful, and it's an aging game.

PvP has never really been my thing, though the professions I like the best (Dervish and Ritualist) are really not very good for it. Though I'll always be amused by the time I decided to go into Random Arena with my Dervish, faced off against a group of 4 Dervishes (all using avatars, which is just dumb in PvP), and shredded all of them. Or shadow-stepping in Jade Quarry. Hehehe. That's as much as I do, though.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Aug 24th, 2009 06:30 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spidervlad
Renegade of Funk

I agree that the basic focal point is the PvE, but for me interaction with other players is really important. I find it a great experience to play with other people, and I can't bear to play with henchmen and heroes. So I PvE'd until it was bearable enough to get a group, but after Eye of the North it was just impossible.

I can also see how people don't like PvP as much as you actually need all of the expansions in order to be at least a tad bit effective. The money that you would spend in order to buy all of the expansions is pretty intense to say the least. I bought them gradually, so eh.

Made by Me! Click here to see my work or request a sig!

Old Post Aug 25th, 2009 12:47 AM
Spidervlad is currently offline Click here to Send Spidervlad a Private Message Find more posts by Spidervlad Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

the thing I loved about guild wars was the clever skill design.. it really felt like they put so much thought and care into each one.. made it a joy to try them all out

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Aug 25th, 2009 07:23 AM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Juk3n
Devils Advocate

skill implementation was awsome, well, through Prophesies & Factions, With the introduction of NF they lost a bit of balance with their Hybrid Professions (loved the campaign - hated the new classes). But for me what made the skill system shine was the limited skill slots. It added a whole new level of tactics to the game.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2009 08:07 AM
Juk3n is currently offline Click here to Send Juk3n a Private Message Find more posts by Juk3n Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spidervlad
Renegade of Funk

Add me as 'Lord Spider Vodka'

Old Post Aug 25th, 2009 09:41 PM
Spidervlad is currently offline Click here to Send Spidervlad a Private Message Find more posts by Spidervlad Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Nice name stick out tongue

Old Post Aug 25th, 2009 10:44 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spidervlad
Renegade of Funk

I had an original Lord Spider, but it was a character that I deleted. The next day when I tried to recreate him, the name was gone. no

Old Post Aug 27th, 2009 12:16 AM
Peach
mordrem

Preordered it today big grin

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2009 10:59 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

A summary of stuff discussed at PAX. Seems there are more interviews coming.

http://www.guildwars2guru.com/forum...-t992.html?amp;

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Sep 8th, 2009 at 04:15 PM

Old Post Sep 7th, 2009 12:06 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Burning thought
Restricted

Account Restricted

Ill be one of those little elf things with technology, they look cool.

Old Post Sep 7th, 2009 12:42 PM
Burning thought is currently offline Click here to Send Burning thought a Private Message Find more posts by Burning thought Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ushgarak
A summary of stuff discussed at PAX. Seems there are mroe interviews coming.

http://www.guildwars2guru.com/forum...-t992.html?amp;

Ooooh. I hadn't seen that thread there yet. I've seen some of the things in there, though, and somewhere (I found it last night) there are scans of that artbook.

Which I really want.

Originally posted by Burning thought
Ill be one of those little elf things with technology, they look cool.

Asura? Yeah, they're pretty neat.

Old Post Sep 7th, 2009 03:42 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

This line interests me:

"Game mechanics won't trickle down, but GW2 lore will trickle down to GW"

The idea that material can be inserted into GW that links into GW2 events raises all sorts of possibilities.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Sep 7th, 2009 09:21 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

That intrigued me as well. Especially combined with how the lead of the live team said that she wants to do more small content updates instead of big ones like in April.

(I'm surprised you didn't comment on the dragon-infected hippo line!)

Old Post Sep 8th, 2009 03:23 AM
Peach
mordrem

http://www.massively.com/2009/11/10...launch-in-2011/

I was hoping for end of 2010, but I'm really not surprised.

Who knows, though. It really doesn't confirm anything either way.

(oh, Ush, I still say we should try out the Codex Arena. From what I've heard about it, Dervishes and Paragons absolutely kill at it)

Old Post Nov 12th, 2009 02:18 AM
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

2011? Jeez. Might as well be never.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2009 05:04 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

I'm not joining randoms for a PvP fight, Peach. Organised teams would just wipe us and the rewards are few.

2011 is a long time indeed. Still- GW is a MASSIVE franchise; they can afford to take their time.

BtVS

Old Post Nov 12th, 2009 07:55 AM
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

There might not even be a world by 2011!

Old Post Nov 12th, 2009 07:58 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

Originally posted by BackFire
There might not even be a world by 2011!

ffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuu-

Old Post Nov 12th, 2009 08:03 AM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

I'll try and get in for the beta, I guess. I hope the requirements are not too stringent.

BtVS

Old Post Nov 12th, 2009 08:08 AM
Peach
mordrem

Meh, I still want to try it.

And I'm definitely going to be seeing about getting in to beta, of course.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2009 12:24 AM