KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Guild Wars 2 finally starts to come to life

Guild Wars 2 finally starts to come to life
Started by: Ushgarak

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (55): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Peach
mordrem

New trailer!

Still really want to play a Sylvari stick out tongue

Also, there's information on the different races. I like how the female Charr look - much more feline than the males.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Dec 4th, 2009 05:16 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

http://kotaku.com/5418953/guild-war...-races-of-tyria

And an article with a bit more info on it, shiny.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2009 09:33 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phanteros
the Shade knight

Do you get to keep your old guild war character or you start from...Scratch.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2009 11:45 PM
Phanteros is currently offline Click here to Send Phanteros a Private Message Find more posts by Phanteros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Considering the fact that this game takes place 250 years later, you're obviously not going to be playing your GW1 character.

You can, however, reserve names through the Hall of Monuments, and stuff you have in there will get you...something in GW2. They haven't said what yet (and as a result, I haven't bothered working on titles at all or anything).

Old Post Dec 5th, 2009 04:40 AM
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

looks completely awesome.. though I kinda wish that (insert short race here) didnt always trigger artists to make them comedical sounding in a taru-taru way

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Dec 5th, 2009 03:11 PM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Asura, and agreed.

Trailer was visually impressive (especially Divintiy Reach (which is a tiny darn village in GW1... they sure as heck re-modelled that one...) and the Charr capital) and fully voice acting all five races is good presentation... but the scripting sucked. It just sounded so generic. Which I suppose GW is in many ways... but it doesn't mean you have to emphasise it

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Dec 5th, 2009 04:07 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Has GW ever been well-scripted?

At least the voice acting is continuing to get better...but I'm sure anything would be better than how Factions was voiced...

I get the feeling that gun-wielding Charr will become the new Assassin, in that everyone creates them simply because they look cool.

Divinity's Reach looked amazing. And the giant windmill impressed me as it's the same one that you see in the middle of Nebo Terrace (I think? One of the Krytan areas). And of course I think the Sylvari stuff looks awesome, but I also just spent a ton of time in the Asuran lands in EOTN, including that specific tree.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2009 05:37 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

New information in this interview:

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/...ure/3812/page/1

VERY good stuff in relation to what I like about a game- being able to chose a combination of factors to help define your personal story is great stuff if sone right. And for the Humans, that gives it some continuity to the previous games despite being set on just the one continent. My worry was that the sense of continuity from before would be gone as you have to play a Krytan- but now you van choose whether to be culturally Krytan, Ascalonian, Canthan or Elonan. This is good stuff for those transferring over.

And with the other races, their choices open up much more interest for them.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Dec 11th, 2009 08:53 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Oh, that's very cool. I would have been annoyed were we stuck with just Krytan for humans. Because yeah. If I make human characters, I'm going to want to try and make them as close to my Dervish and Ritualist as possible, which means needing to be able to make Elonan and Canthan characters...

Old Post Dec 12th, 2009 12:29 AM
Juk3n
Devils Advocate

That was a cool interview. Each new peice of information about the game makes me want it so much more, im so looking forward to the GW: Fall of Ascalon Novel in February, just so i can have a little taste of fresh GW lore... nom nom nom.

Want game now plx.!

Old Post Dec 12th, 2009 08:41 AM
Juk3n is currently offline Click here to Send Juk3n a Private Message Find more posts by Juk3n Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Stuff!

http://www.arena.net/blog/guild-wars-2-design-manifesto

The stuff they talk about in here is awesome.

Old Post Apr 27th, 2010 05:49 PM
Juk3n
Devils Advocate

Good stuff Peach. Officially my most anticipated game ever. Ive even started logging more gw1 hours latley for the war in krytastuff, waiting for the quests to appear.

Old Post Apr 27th, 2010 07:29 PM
Juk3n is currently offline Click here to Send Juk3n a Private Message Find more posts by Juk3n Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

I haven't really been playing much lately (no time, plus since all I'm really doing is finishing dungeons and attempting to grind titles which is something I lack patience for, yeah), but the War in Kryta stuff is pretty neat. Though I think I'm officially never going to finish mapping or vanquishing Prophecies because of the new enemies, haha.

Definitely can't wait to see if/when they add new quests connected to it, though. Maybe I'll finally finish running my characters through Prophecies or EOTN so I can do the stuff with all of them.

Old Post Apr 27th, 2010 08:57 PM
Peach
mordrem

Last edited by Peach on Apr 28th, 2010 at 05:38 PM

Old Post Apr 28th, 2010 05:33 PM
Juk3n
Devils Advocate

Spells look ****ing sexy, OMG anticipat-o-meter is up to 11

Old Post Apr 28th, 2010 08:42 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Yes, it is all looking good lately. The new content for the original is very welcome too.

Amazingly, some fans are complaining about the new stuff, as if the original Guild Wars still had a massive team that was able to churn new campaigns out entirely for free. Considering it is just a handful of people trying to keep the older game alive, I think it's damn good stuff. Sure, it's mostly story fluff, but that's where GW does well, and the story is interactive enough to work well, as far as computer game plots go. You can currently go out and interact (though not affect) with plot changes in the world that affect the set up for the sequel- good stuff.

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Apr 29th, 2010 at 01:31 PM

Old Post Apr 29th, 2010 07:54 AM
Peach
mordrem

People whine about every little thing. I saw complaints about the April Fools skill update list, because people were saying "if they have time to make that list why don't they have time to do an actual skill update?". It's ridiculous.

Old Post Apr 29th, 2010 01:22 PM
Peach
mordrem

http://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/combat/part-two/

Weapons and stuff!

...no scythe. I am sad.

Old Post Apr 29th, 2010 05:12 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

I want a spear!

Monster Hunter has a pokey weapon. I demand pokey!

BtVS

Old Post Apr 29th, 2010 05:18 PM
Peach
mordrem

quote:
Each of these professions is roughly categorized by the type of armor they wear: scholars wear light armor, adventurers wear medium armor, and soldiers wear heavy armor. Currently there are three scholar professions, three adventurer professions and two soldier professions.

This has me very intrigued. We know that Elementalist is in, and is going to obviously be a scholar profession. Monk is likely to stay since that's just such a mainstay of fantasy games. They'll probably combine Necromancer and Ritualist. But what about Mesmer? I love my Mesmer. And while some of what they do can be folded into Ele or Necro, a lot of what they do can't.

Adventurer will obviously have Rangers, or the equivalent. Intrigued by what the other two could be, though, since the only existing professions that wear medium armor (other than Ranger) are Assassin and Dervish.

Soldier will obviously contain Warrior, but again interested on what the other will be, since the other heavy armor profession at current is Paragon.

And I really don't think that Assassin, Dervish, or Paragon are going to be kept as separate professions - there's no mention of their main weapons in the weapon list, and what they do can fairly easily be folded into another profession.

I'm wondering how they're going to handle leveling and attributes and stuff, considering how half the skills are set by the weapon you use. Hmmm.

Want more stuff now.

Old Post Apr 29th, 2010 05:24 PM