KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » New Turok Game!

New Turok Game!
Started by: IcePunk

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Estacado
Legendary

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ((The_Anomaly))
What difficulty level did you play it on? I'm playing on Hard, I always play FPS's on hard since they are usually way too short.

Normal.

Oh and most of the servers are way too laggy.

Bankai.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2008 08:31 PM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

The game is ok. It is just another typical FPS to me. I enjoyed the atmosphere of the level designs, but with the FPS genre strangling the video game market at the moment. It can be hard to distinguish one experience from the other. The only aspect of this game which separates it from another mediocre Fps is the dinosaurs and setting. The graphics are standard unreal engine. some lighting effects and designs, however, do make the visual package appealing. If you are like me, and focus on single player games. There is nothing here warranting a purchase. I've noticed other posters complaining about the length of the game. It is very very short, but again, that has, unfortunately, become apart of the standard for FPS games. Its definitely worth a rental, it is pretty fun , but just another FPS.

Last edited by jinXed by JaNx on Feb 3rd, 2008 at 10:11 PM

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2008 10:06 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
InnerRise
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Smasandian
I dont like the new X-Play.

It's too much like Attack of The Show but without the funny.
Yeah, I don't like the new atmosphere of the show. I liked both the first set and the last set much better. It projected their dry humor much more. This new set adds nothing to the personality of the show or to them. Well besides a lot of lights. I liked the more darker theme they had going on that matched them very well.
And the opening to the show is so uninspired. I dislike both the music and the random clips they put in there.

Oh yeah.......Turok. Played some of the demo.......was meh....ok. Won't be getting it.

Anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

"I'll Stay Gold For U.H."

Old Post Feb 4th, 2008 04:21 PM
InnerRise is currently offline Click here to Send InnerRise a Private Message Find more posts by InnerRise Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

Originally posted by InnerRise
Yeah, I don't like the new atmosphere of the show. I liked both the first set and the last set much better. It projected their dry humor much more. This new set adds nothing to the personality of the show or to them. Well besides a lot of lights. I liked the more darker theme they had going on that matched them very well.
And the opening to the show is so uninspired. I dislike both the music and the random clips they put in there.

Yeah, feels mainstream to me, but they still give fairly comprehensive reviews.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2008 06:03 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
InnerRise
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yup, I'll still watch. Still love the 2 as hosts.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2008 06:45 PM
InnerRise is currently offline Click here to Send InnerRise a Private Message Find more posts by InnerRise Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I'll watch when I run on the treadmill but other than that, I dont like it all.

Watched it today, and I was like, "wow, I really like this episode", but thats because they reviewed more than 1 game.

I like their reviews but I think because of the short time constraint, they sometimes are contridicting.

For example, they reviewed Crysis and gave it a 3 out of 5 but the reason was because it felt like Far Cry and it was linear, but they give Turok the same score stating that there is obvious gameplay flaws with it. Then go around and give COD4 5 out of 5 (which probably deserves that), but dont mention the fact that the game is completely linear and is the same COD game since the Medal Of Honor. To me, that doesnt make sense.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2008 07:06 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

I dont know that i would call COD4 the same game as the others in the franchise. The gameplay and story is diverse...,anything but linear. I think they gave Turok such a mediocre score, because it was just another mediocre shooter. As they pointed out, the targeting system was frustrating, more so than it needed to be. They said the targeting system is what kept it from earning more than three stars. Personally,i think, Even if the targeting was more friendly, it wouldnt have been more deserving of a higher rating. I think, sometimes the reviews on x-play seem contradicting because they only have 2-3 minutes for each review.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2008 10:01 PM
InnerRise
Restricted

Account Restricted

Not to mention having a Max of 5 Stars to give doesn't allow that huge a range when giving ratings.

They've explained before how just because 2 games get a 3 out of 5, doesn't necessarily mean they are of the same quality. A 3 can be bad or good.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2008 11:02 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Yeah, I hate the 5 star rating. It doesnt leave anything.

Crysis is obviously better than Turok, but has the same score. It wouldnt be a problem if they're was a written review of it, but its only a 2 minute segment so we dont know the difference.

Rage, are you serious saying that COD4 isnt a linear game? The main complaint of the game is that the same guys come out at the same time everytime you play it.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2008 03:38 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

Call of Duty 4 is incredibly linear. As far as the story and gameplay mechanics, it's just as linear as Halo 3 (To an extent..).

That's pretty much unavoidable though with any first person shooter that doesn't have to do with magic or powers or anything like that, like Bioshock.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2008 06:11 AM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Bioshock is linear also.

The only game I can think of is STALKER that is linear, but not completly. You can go anywhere in the game world but you still have to complete missions.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2008 08:08 AM
jinXed by JaNx

Originally posted by Smasandian

Rage, are you serious saying that COD4 isnt a linear game? The main complaint of the game is that the same guys come out at the same time everytime you play it.

No, i think they made a decent effort in keeping the story non linear. Of course, the re-spawning enemies is a frustrating and annoying complaint, but the alternating perspectives, flashbacks and gameplay helped it feel fresh.

Last edited by jinXed by JaNx on Feb 5th, 2008 at 09:10 AM

Old Post Feb 5th, 2008 09:08 AM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I dont care about the story, but no doubt in my mind that the gameplay is linear.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2008 04:36 AM
FistOfThe North

Just picked up Turok 360 for $5.69 @ gamestop today.

I traded in mass effect and assassins creed. The store had a "$5 off" promotion of some sort going on and got another 1.80 off just by using my Edge-Card.

kinda of an ok deal, i guess. Maybe cause i've always liked Turok, well, just the first 2 games (pt1 and seeds of evil (especially), and i can't wait to play this one for the 360.

I saw Turok playing on some monitors at gamestop and man does the game look good. I read the instructional booklet and it looks like the controls kinda play like Halo and Call of Duty.

I love how you can use dino's to attack others (mercs and other dino's) while you sneak in and out of places cause of it.

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Feb 6th, 2008 09:25 PM
FistOfThe North is currently offline Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I traded in Assassins Creed and got Call of Duty 4 and Crysis for $50.

I thought that was a great deal.

Then I traded in Rainbow Six Vegas, and Madden 08 and got World in Conflict for $6.

I love trade-ins.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2008 05:44 AM
InnerRise
Restricted

Account Restricted

I've never traded in. I just can't part with my games. Even after I've completed them. Like to keep them in my Library.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2008 06:25 AM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Meh, not me, its a waste of space unless you know your going to play them again.

Back in the day, I would keep them because I could only afford a few of them, so I just rented alot. But now, unless the game is really good, like Gears of War or Bioshock and I know I'll play it again, I always trade it in.

I always trade in my console games, but rarely trade in my PC. Alot of them are awesome. Wouldnt want too, and in a funny sense, I always like to play the old PC games on new hardware.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2008 07:55 AM
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

I rarely trade games in.

I think the last game I traded in was Madden 64, usually I don't like to because I always think that I may want to play them again someday.

With that said, I'm going to be trading in Assassin's Creed soon, as I know I will never play that again.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2008 07:58 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I dont have enough time to replay games.

Unless the game is great. I wont. Especially if I get involved with some MP game like TF2, or Call of Duty 4.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2008 08:05 AM
Rewmac
{--Classic Member--}

I think this is the lamest game out in the last one month.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2008 12:08 PM
Rewmac is currently offline Click here to Send Rewmac a Private Message Find more posts by Rewmac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote