KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Sephiroth v.s. Kratos

Sephiroth v.s. Kratos
Started by: Sol Valentine

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (10): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BloodRawEngine
Video Game Engine of War

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Terryc250
The difference is, those are abilities he learns, it becomes HIS power, the blade of olypus isn't kratos' power, and it can be used by other people. If the thread stated its GoWII's Kratos which means its Kratos /w the blade of olympus then fine, it can be used in the debate. Either way AC Sephiroth would win the fight.

The same can be said for Sephiroth's sword. It's his weapon, not his "power". That's the logic that involves the Blade of Olympus as well, it's just that it's only one of Kratos' weapons (arguably his most powerful weapon yet) and happens to have more to it than being a piece of sharpened steel. Kratos owns the weapon, he utilizes the weapon's power, and with such power (in addition to all his others), he's just plain victorious.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2008 09:10 AM
BloodRawEngine is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRawEngine a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRawEngine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SHM

I vote on the guy who can regenerate/recreate his entire body in seconds from a few cells in a box.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2008 02:57 PM
SHM is currently offline Click here to Send SHM a Private Message Find more posts by SHM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Terryc250

Originally posted by First_Tsurugi06
The same can be said for Sephiroth's sword. It's his weapon, not his "power". That's the logic that involves the Blade of Olympus as well, it's just that it's only one of Kratos' weapons (arguably his most powerful weapon yet) and happens to have more to it than being a piece of sharpened steel. Kratos owns the weapon, he utilizes the weapon's power, and with such power (in addition to all his others), he's just plain victorious.

No.. Sephiroths masamune is a sword thats always been with him from the beginning, and only he is skilled enough to use it, but that was Pre-Nibelheim Sephiroth, in AC he most likely doesn't even need the sword.. when you first see him in AC, he doesn't even have the sword, he just creates it out of the negative lifestream, and it appears out of thin air. Sephiroth traps him with his willpower ftw.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2008 10:26 PM
Terryc250 is currently offline Click here to Send Terryc250 a Private Message Find more posts by Terryc250 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloodRawEngine
Video Game Engine of War

quote:
No.. Sephiroths masamune is a sword thats always been with him from the beginning, and only he is skilled enough to use it, but that was Pre-Nibelheim Sephiroth, in AC he most likely doesn't even need the sword.. when you first see him in AC, he doesn't even have the sword, he just creates it out of the negative lifestream, and it appears out of thin air. Sephiroth traps him with his willpower ftw.

In FFVII canon, yes Sephiroth was the only member of SOLDIER who had the capacity to wield it (kind of irrelevant in this case, because I don't we're introduced as to what it took to wield the Masamune, because if it were just raw strength to lift it, then Kratos more than likely has that covered). But again, it's his sole weapon, which he uses AS a weapon, which is the point I'm getting at (of course, BoO isn't Kratos' primary weapon, but it's still his most powerful). And also, Kratos was trapped in a surreal plane of existance of Ares' willpower before, and he ovecame it.

quote:
I vote on the guy who can regenerate/recreate his entire body in seconds from a few cells in a box.

Along with the need for a larval remnant of his being as a host body, otherwise being unable to return to physical form.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2008 04:07 AM
BloodRawEngine is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRawEngine a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRawEngine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SHM

Originally posted by First_Tsurugi06
Along with the need for a larval remnant of his being as a host body, otherwise being unable to return to physical form.

And...? This is a thread about AC Sephiroth dude. That means he doesn't need Kadaj anymore, because he is already there.

And my point was that he can regenerate his entire body in seconds. Kratos can't kill him because of his insane regeneration(and intangibility too, but that's another point).

Old Post Jun 21st, 2008 02:59 AM
SHM is currently offline Click here to Send SHM a Private Message Find more posts by SHM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloodRawEngine
Video Game Engine of War

Originally posted by SHM
And...? This is a thread about AC Sephiroth dude. That means he doesn't need Kadaj anymore, because he is already there.

And my point was that he can regenerate his entire body in seconds. Kratos can't kill him because of his insane regeneration(and intangibility too, but that's another point).

I've don't recall his intangiblitiy (and I've played FFVII, am in the early stages of Crisis Core, and have seen Last Order and own Advent Children), and his regeneration is not what I'd deem as insane from what I've recalled, at least not in this head to head situation. Again, Kratos has fought things with higher durability before (and semi-intangibility on one occasion I can remember), and he's still killed them thanks to what resources he has. Seph wouldn't be different.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2008 07:20 AM
Terryc250

He has gone through walls and flown through physical objects before during FF7, I don't see how Kratos can escape Sephiroths TK, if even Holy couldn't, Holy is more powerful then Kratos. Sephiroth is also much more faster, and has the NL.

And realistically, with Sephiroths speed, TK, he should beable to disarm Kratos' weapon.

Last edited by Terryc250 on Jun 21st, 2008 at 08:46 AM

Old Post Jun 21st, 2008 08:43 AM
Terryc250 is currently offline Click here to Send Terryc250 a Private Message Find more posts by Terryc250 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloodRawEngine
Video Game Engine of War

And the Olympic pantheon (which Kratos is on the vere of wiping out) is more powerful than Sephiroth. Given Kratos' AoE esque magical abilities, speed would not present too much for Kratos to handle in most situations I can think of. Sephiroth may have control over Negative Lifestream (which he made himself, IIRC), but Kratos has control over time and fate having taken within him the powers of the Sisters of Fate.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2008 09:22 AM
Burning thought
Restricted

Account Restricted

Seph would be stoned and then shattered, simple

Old Post Jun 21st, 2008 04:28 PM
Burning thought is currently offline Click here to Send Burning thought a Private Message Find more posts by Burning thought Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GenomeFrozener
The Last Boss

Yeah, like, he would stand still all DBZ style and let Kratos attack him. <_<

Oh yeah! SUCK MY...duck?

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2008 04:09 AM
GenomeFrozener is currently offline Click here to Send GenomeFrozener a Private Message Find more posts by GenomeFrozener Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Marvelknight
Authority

As powerful as Sephiroth is. I wouldn't compare him to Zeus. Kratos showed great power and skill when he fought Zeus in GOW 2. Kratos takes this 7-8/10.

"MK GRFXS"! Taking sig requests

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2008 07:20 AM
Marvelknight is currently offline Click here to Send Marvelknight a Private Message Find more posts by Marvelknight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MadMel
Heh

seph had the potential to go planet busting...that puts him above zeus erm

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2008 08:34 AM
MadMel is currently offline Click here to Send MadMel a Private Message Find more posts by MadMel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Burning thought
Restricted

Account Restricted

not really, because potential isnt what he really is, is it, so what he really is, is a quick dude who has very few spells he could cast in a battle where the enemy is going to hit you etc etc

although ive asked so many times for speed feats ive got none from Sephiroth, nothing to show he can blitz anyone. This is full powered kratos with BoO were talking about I assume so this means Kratos is going to be near unbeatable.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2008 10:08 AM
Burning thought is currently offline Click here to Send Burning thought a Private Message Find more posts by Burning thought Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloodRawEngine
Video Game Engine of War

Originally posted by MadMel
seph had the potential to go planet busting...that puts him above zeus erm

No, the only potential there was with the Black Materia. In Advent Chilren, he was intending to USE the planet as a sort of ship to find a new planet to make an empire for Jenova. Zeus, in his time, was one of three primary rulers of the universe (the most powerful one of the three I might add), and though God of War doesn't follow the EXACT happenings of Greek Mytholgy (for example, Zeus defeated the Titans through different means than what was in the actual Titanomachy in ways that, in fact, make ihm seem more powerful), but you can tell they're trying to have it take place in the actual universe of said mythological times instead of just putting in a bunch of references while in their own made-up universe.

I'm sure something like Omnislash Version 5 could do in Kratos in just as easily as it did Sephiroth in (even with Kratos' resources, he's still mortal for any outward knowledge), but there were reasons Cloud actually managed to land that move in the first place, and ultimately, it was Sephiroth's own fault.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2008 10:26 AM
Terryc250

Originally posted by Burning thought
not really, because potential isnt what he really is, is it, so what he really is, is a quick dude who has very few spells he could cast in a battle where the enemy is going to hit you etc etc

although ive asked so many times for speed feats ive got none from Sephiroth, nothing to show he can blitz anyone. This is full powered kratos with BoO were talking about I assume so this means Kratos is going to be near unbeatable.

Very few spells? He had power over the negative lifestream, the regular lifestream is the power of EVERY single spell on the planet, from Meteor, to Holy, to Ultima, to all the summons, by using logic, since Kadaj is the most skilled of the 3, if he represented the skill, and Loz represented the speed, Sephiroth dwarfs Kadaj in skill, he most likely is ATLEAST much faster then Loz,, keep in mind he also has teleporting powers.

quote:

No, the only potential there was with the Black Materia. In Advent Chilren, he was intending to USE the planet as a sort of ship to find a new planet to make an empire for Jenova. Zeus, in his time, was one of three primary rulers of the universe (the most powerful one of the three I might add), and though God of War doesn't follow the EXACT happenings of Greek Mytholgy (for example, Zeus defeated the Titans through different means than what was in the actual Titanomachy in ways that, in fact, make ihm seem more powerful), but you can tell they're trying to have it take place in the actual universe of said mythological times instead of just putting in a bunch of references while in their own made-up universe.

I'm sure something like Omnislash Version 5 could do in Kratos in just as easily as it did Sephiroth in (even with Kratos' resources, he's still mortal for any outward knowledge), but there were reasons Cloud actually managed to land that move in the first place, and ultimately, it was Sephiroth's own fault.

Yes because at the time he was infecting/corrupting the lifestream which means he could do anything he pleases to the planet, his willpower alone was able to halt a planet threatening force, his speed dwarfs kratos, his teleportation puts him at a far advantage over kratos, his intageability makes it very hard for kratos to even hit him, all in all, his speed/teleportation, powerful willpower/TK, should be enough to stop Kratos before he can even use his BoO, and most likely even disarm him from the BoO, keep in mind that Sephiroths strength is no joke either.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2008 10:56 AM
BloodRawEngine
Video Game Engine of War

Originally posted by Terryc250
Yes because at the time he was infecting/corrupting the lifestream which means he could do anything he pleases to the planet, his willpower alone was able to halt a planet threatening force, his speed dwarfs kratos, his teleportation puts him at a far advantage over kratos, his intageability makes it very hard for kratos to even hit him, all in all, his speed/teleportation, powerful willpower/TK, should be enough to stop Kratos before he can even use his BoO, and most likely even disarm him from the BoO, keep in mind that Sephiroths strength is no joke either.

Yeah, the planet not the universe. If he could've sed the lifestream like that, he wouldn't have needed Meteor to destroy it. As I said before, Kratos' enemies had all the same advantages Sephiroth does statistically, but none of them had prevailed against him. He had either recovered quickly enough, or weakened them to an extent that lead to their defeat. Sephiroth's speed and teleportation is nothing Kratos hasn't fought against before, and what you call intangibility is what I call limited hardware for presentation. "All in all" Kratos would just set Sephiroth on fire with his mind assuming he doesn't just use his powers over time and fate to erase Sephiroth from existance.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2008 11:09 AM
Terryc250

........... he gained power over the lifestream AFTER ff7, hence AC Sephiroth is the most powerful version of Sephiroth, show me one of Kratos' opponents that have TK strong enough to hold a planet threatening attack, thats as fast as Sephiroth, that has power over the main source of energy, life, power, magic, and a willpower that basically makes him immortal.

Also, show me Kratos simply erasing any of his opponents from existence with his mind.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2008 11:18 AM
BloodRawEngine
Video Game Engine of War

Kratos' powers is a subject of knowing, not showing. What we know, is that the Gods are the rulers of the series' universe, forged the mortal world in their battles with the Titans, HAVE shown teleportation in their battles with Kratos (at least Ares and Zeus have, Persephone showed it outside of battle once), and a fraction of their TK abilities, and there are beings in GoW with enough PHYSICAL strength to hold up the entire world. Kratos, as of God of War II, possesses the magic of the Titans, the weapon powerful enough to banish them to the underworld and kill a God, his own Godly power held within said weapon, the ability to imbue his body with the power of the Titans, the power to control time itself as described by Gaia, and right now has the Titans by his side thanks to this power. Putting two and two together, Kratos isn't even taking the easiest route in his vengance.

And I said his mind would be used to "set Sephiroth on fire". Because at full power, Kratos is a God of War more powerful than Ares ever was, and a fraction of Ares' power reduced an army to a pile of mutilated men. That's another subject of putting two and two together. We haven't seen Seph's full effort, but we've seen what Kratos can acheive when he puts in an effort.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2008 11:50 AM
Burning thought
Restricted

Account Restricted

If this is full strength Kratos from GOW 2 then what can Sephiroth do to even hurt Kratos?

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2008 03:18 PM
Sappho
Self-Made

This would be a good fight, but i have to definitely give this to kratos. ive played both games, so i would know who will win. ofcourse, sephiroth is faster than kratos, but kratos is much stronger than seph. i mean he lifted atlas' hand from crushing him, and im guessing the weight hes pushing on him is many tons. also, kratos has the golden fleece, which deflects and counters pretty much anything. also, kratos more aggresseve than him, and has too much powerful magic to actually lose. and if seph does end up getting close, kratos can activate rage of the titans, which makes his defence go up a lot, and he can unleash a ton of combo attacks.

Old Post Sep 6th, 2008 03:04 AM
Sappho is currently offline Click here to Send Sappho a Private Message Find more posts by Sappho Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote